12/12 vs 18/6

• Thread starter irishboiii
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
irishboiii

irishboiii

I appriciate the info dude, and Im in no way disagreeing. Only thing I disagree on is that the guy in the vid isnt just "some guy". He seems to be an expert, putting up vids to help noobs. Each vid is 40+ mins long, each vid taken about a week apart, so you get to see he is the real deal. He isnt just some guy talking yet not showing results.

Weed is very expensive here. 2g costs €50 (about $65). And its mostly contaminated.

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

As a measuring stick..... I have 2 sets of 24 plants under a 400 MH, offset a month so I harvest monthly. I just had one of my better yields at 200g. I expect that will almost double when/if I get 600HPS.

soserthc1

soserthc1

As a measuring stick..... I have 2 sets of 24 plants under a 400 MH, offset a month so I harvest monthly. I just had one of my better yields at 200g. I expect that will almost double when/if I get 600HPS.

wow. 4-5 months veg time is insane you could finish a crop in that amount of time , plus i don't see that being a option with your electric concerns ... Being your in a illegal state i would forget the large numbers of small clones as police tend to break every plant down into 2lbs and think we sell it by the gram. So achieving that goal could cost you some time or at least a hefty lawyer fee.

Personally imho in order to be successful in this line of work you have to have a love for plants and not just be in it for monetary gain as that will come when you become familiar with your plants .....

irishboiii

irishboiii

Yeah the fact its illegal is yet another reason id like to keep the plant numbers to a minimum. Laws keep changing, and while it is just a slap on the wrist here now, that could change as they are recently clamping down on indoor grows.

Obviously you guys know a LOT more than me regarding growing, and when I disagree with anything people say its not that im saying I know better, im just going by what hygrohybrid says in his videos. He claimes 90 days from beginning to end and uploads a video update every week or two showing progress and explaining step by step what he does.

irishboiii

irishboiii

@ Tear Gas, would it take that long with DWC though? In the vids im watching, some of which are only a week apart, there is HUGE growth in those time periods. And he constantly states that growth is extremely rapid with DWC

Camdawg

Camdawg

If you haven't got the hint stay off YouTube and on the farm. The info here will get you growing. With some editing software anyone can make a infomercial.

On another note a 1k just might give you that 1gram per watt but a 600 probably wont. 1k has a lot more penetration then a 600

irishboiii

irishboiii

Im not aiming for a gramme per watt though, even 300g-400g would be awesome. Surely thats acheiveable with a 600w and a high yieldr like Power Plant?

As for the youtube vids, it would be pretty hard to edit this guys results tbh. What reason would he have to lie anyway?

Not trying to argue or anything, its just this guy has LOADS of videos helping growers step by step and clearly knows what hes doing. There isnt any editing in his vids, he records non stop for each entire video. On top of all that, he seems like a really nice guy.

Im just saying that if I ever became an expert on something like this, id do the same as this guy simply because its just nice to help people out and make a difference.

Im not saying this guys right and everybody else is wrong or anything, again I value everybodys opinion. All im saying is Im not the kind of idiot that goes and believes everything I see regarding this on youtube, but when watching his vids its obvious the guys a pro.

Regardless, I still wont rush ahead into it without lots more research and feedback. Il be spending the next month or so gathering information and planning every last detail before I even consider germinating a seed.

irishboiii

irishboiii

All im asking is to just trust my judgement regarding the vids. The guy is a pro, which is obvious from his vids, and on top of that he would have no reason to lie.

He seems genuinely interested in just helping people, and has a large following, so wouldnt putting out dodgey info do him more harm than good?

Kush Farmer

Kush Farmer

My first grow I did 2 plants. Under a 400. I vegged for 6 weeks. Flower was 10. I got 215 grams. Very happy with that.

I look forward to seeing your results.

irishboiii

irishboiii

Thank you mate, 215g under a 400w is some nice work!

What strain did you grow and what method of growing did you use?

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Grow a tree. Seriously. If the law is limiting you. Grow a giant monster ent of a plant. Long veg but bigger yield.

Kush Farmer

Kush Farmer

Thank you mate, 215g under a 400w is some nice work!

What strain did you grow and what method of growing did you use?

I grew from seed. The strain was Vanilla Kush. I used soil less medium (like pro-mix). Super easy strain. The potency was good, but I have learned to grow much better since then. :)

I am doing 6 right now. (3 holy grail kush, 3 girl scout cookies) Veg under 4 t5's for the first 2 weeks, then switching over to HID for the remainder of veg. Flowering under a 600w Solis Tek with a XL hood, Co2, UVB, carbon filters etc.. Plan on keeping only the most vibrant and strong of the bunch (down to 4). Will veg for 6 weeks, maybe 1 week more.. depending on how the plants are doing.

I got comfortable with soil and feels its just so easy, I haven't bothered to change it up. :D

irishboiii

irishboiii

Cool mate, best of luck with it. I hope you get a good result.

I cant wait to get mine going, only im having a few setbacks so it could be after xmas before I get it started unless a miracle happens

A

AlterEgo860

12 12 from seed takes a lot longer then just the flowertime listed on the strain.. last time I did this I wasted 30 days vegging under 12/12 because of this.. and ended up with smaller plants .. the next SOG I vegged for 14 days.. then switched.. and doubled my yield. its all strain dependent.. but CLONES are the only things I will flower right after rooted.. and only sativa hybrids that stretch like a bitch.. I had a ohaze x skunk1 clone that i could root and put directly into flower.. and 13 weeks later id have 20-40 gram colas.. and i could run 40 plants per 1000w. so.. it was nice..

seeds deserve the time to veg.. it helps with yield dramatically.

ken dog

ken dog

12 12 from seed takes a lot longer then just the flowertime listed on the strain.. last time I did this I wasted 30 days vegging under 12/12 because of this.. and ended up with smaller plants .. the next SOG I vegged for 14 days.. then switched.. and doubled my yield. its all strain dependent.. but CLONES are the only things I will flower right after rooted.. and only sativa hybrids that stretch like a bitch.. I had a ohaze x skunk1 clone that i could root and put directly into flower.. and 13 weeks later id have 20-40 gram colas.. and i could run 40 plants per 1000w. so.. it was nice..

seeds deserve the time to veg.. it helps with yield dramatically.

vegging 12/12 is never a good idea... the plans don't know whether to flower or whether to veg.

minimum vegging time is generally accepted as 18 hours per day... when switching over to flower (flipping), the light time is reduced to 12/12.

Top Bottom