12 Days.. No Water!! Dead? Or Alive ?

• Thread starter 123grow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

123grow

Dang that's crazy. I'm up here in NorCal by the fires too, had some friends lose everything just shity. Glad to see some of your stuff made it!
Thanks, and yes we are Very lucky that we didn't lose anything or even have any smoke damage. We know people that weren't as fortunate and loss their house or had smoke damage real bad. The fire did come close. Thank god the fire fighters and bulldozer were in the creek behind our house. They stopped the fire from jumping the creek to the other side, which would have probably wiped out the house and lots of other stuff, along with my chickens, ducks and goats. The plants in pools on the hill, I thought were dead already. The plants in boxes behind the house weren't looking very promising either since the electric had been out for days.. Without electric we don't have water since the pump for the well won't work either. ~Julie

123grow

The fire is just a little over 50% contained (as of earlier today). Hot spots keep starting back up and they started evacuating some areas out further past us. I'm NOT evacuating again.

Bronco

Bronco

I keep hearing on the news about new fires starting up........scary......really early and bad fire season. hope they don't make you leave again.

Freshone

Freshone

Its weird how the fire went around the plants. I'm pretty sure the fire fighters weren't trying to protect my plants. Actually I think it would have been the total opposite. lol
My kids a battalion chief and his strike team watered the shit out of a bunch of gardens in last years santa rosa fire and the year before in laytonville,Of course structure protection come first .Hes been on the yosemite ferguson fire for 3 weeks,hasnt made it further north yet this year.

123grow

I keep hearing on the news about new fires starting up........scary......really early and bad fire season. hope they don't make you leave again.
It's crazy how the fire starts in one area or one part of a town and it continues through the hills and mountains right to the next one. Real scary when your evacuating from one town to the next. 1st your 10 minutes from home then go to the next town and your 10 or 15 minutes more away then every body's leaving that area at the same time with the smoke and ashes everywhere. You talk about a traffic jam.. Holy shit, cars everywhere bumper to bumper and this was just some small country towns not like big cities, Hayward or Los Angeles. Then next thing you know your about an hour or more away from home just to find a vacancy at a motel as the ashes and smoke follow. Crazy.. Overwhelming.. stressful ! The fire keeps starting back up over the other side of the hill, big planes with water keep flying over going to the lake and back. Hell No I'm not evacuating again. ~Julie

Top Bottom