12 De Fixtures Cooled Off 4 Ton Mini Split?

• Thread starter The Terps
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The Terps

The Terps

Hey farm this is just an idea and I am looking for hopefully positive reinforcement since I don't know anyone utilizing this style grow.

So 2 identical six light sealed rooms(gavita,epap,nano,any new de fixture) really one big room with a wall to separate. Running the rooms on a flip box or what ever one room is on while the other is off. On that wall separating the two rooms put two 8-12" fans one pushing air in and one out or what ever size or number of fans needed you think it would take to cycle the air depending on room size in my head I like to think of a 20x22x12 but irrelevant.

So my theory is that if you had enough air exchange between the two rooms you would see a couple benefits. But I due realize all environment related equipment will work a little harder/longer than normal. So these are the key issues I am focused on exploiting

1. Down size from two(one in each room) 3 ton mini splits to two 2 tons due to cool air of the off room cooling the on room
2. Down size dehumidifier from two(one in each room) 155+pint to two 105's due to the lights burning off a bit of humidity for each room all the time
3. More consistent day night temps

If you don't think that 1 2 3 won't work do you think it would still be worth while connecting the two rooms via fans

The Terps

The Terps

It would be expensive to do a wall like that and the fans I think would do a better job I think moving the air around

The Terps

The Terps

I did a few days ago you can find it on there but you don't need to check it out whistle cause he said the same thing as you lol! The thought came to mind cause I was just thinking of a design to shave off the amps for the grower on an amperage budget.

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

I've done this before. I used 2 layers of black n white plastic(center wall) a 2 ton window shaker(on one side), 3 lights a side flip flop and 2 8" inline fans... It was a failure lol, no matter what I did I couldnt get the sides to equalize and the plastic was bulged one way or the other. I guess it would be better to make a lung in the middle and pull air from there.

-lurkin

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

I would suspect a commercial ac unit with on/off dampners plumbed in and out on each room would work so much better(less headache). Big pendulum big ducting, if I were to do it again I'd do it that way.

-lurkin

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

My old grow was exactly this setup.
8x10 room. Decided to expand another 6 feet. So it turned out to be 8x16 with a wall between rooms.
One A/C to cool both rooms plugged into my environment controller.
What I did was take 2 box fans. Mounted then in the wall blowing opposite directions. Made a wood ducting so no light was able to get into each room.
I was not running co2 during this style of grow due to not having a spare co2 controller for the second room.
The reason I used box fans is they move enough air that does not cause to much negative and positive pressure in the rooms.

Top Bottom