12 ft high tunnel in coco "grow tubes" EXPERIENCE needed to test new ideas please

• Thread starter Gonzo Goat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gonzo Goat

Gonzo Goat

Using http://www.johnnyseeds.com/p-8417-quick-hoops-high-tunnel-bender.aspx there is a 40x12 tunnel built slightly modified to be 9 ft in the enter instead of 7 ft. covered with two layers of 0.6 oz frost guard instead of plastic. Good diffused light transfer, keeps the rain off, bugs out and makes it invisible from all sides. Plastic weed guard under entire footprint, drip tape inside https://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplies/prod1;ft_livestock_fencing;pg106443_107551.html

Two or three rows? NEED HELP WITH COCO MIX, I've never mixed it and have had great success indoors with straight coir. 14' can fan moving air/noise/heat out of the sight via 12" underground drain pipe. going organic on this one, probably Bio Bizz

C99 BX-1

Bay Dream

Blue Dream

Critical Kush

Grape god

Lemon Thai Kush

8 Mile High

Midmight Mass short and tall pheno

Chem Dawg

Candyland

Thank You OGs in advance.

Gonzo Goat

Gonzo Goat

Can I please get help with my coco mix? I'm reading a lot of your threads but every day things change and experiences happen. With my set up how would you "cut the coco"?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I can't really help you with an OD coir mix, it does seem an awfully expensive route to go. I like it indoors, mixed with rice hulls instead of perlite, and because I'm cheap I prefer Botanicare bales, the ones that have to be expanded and sometimes rinsed, always pre-charged.

As for the GH scenario, I think two rows is good and 9' at the highest may be a bit too short unless you plan on spending some time doing hard canopy control (bending down and spreading, either a la supercropping or low-stress training, which can be as simple as tying down branches to open them up).

Mainly, you want to be cognizant of how you're going to access, inspect and handle the MONSTERS you're going to be growing. Cuz you're gonna grow some monsters. :D

Gonzo Goat

Gonzo Goat

I am. This is something I love. Oh and yes I'm a super cropper. My vegetable consulting company does well from experience in cannabis

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I don't know how much volume that is, but I pay about $350 for 10 yards of top grade organic top soil, delivered to my home. $1,200-$2,000 is about what I spend in total on the season's "necessities" such as amendments, treatments like DiPel, trellis, etc. I'm likely growing on a much smaller scale than you intend to, though.

I'm seriously cheap, which is great for my husband because he never has to worry about dealing with a wife who runs up the credit cards and shit.

Gonzo Goat

Gonzo Goat

Lol I hear that my wife just tells me to keep the farm money seperate. She doesn't mind me buying us a Business Dinner though!

My budget on this one is 6k.
1k for the tunnel, 2k for the fence, 2k for the media and irrigation, 1k for sight improvements and security.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Can I please get help with my coco mix? I'm reading a lot of your threads but every day things change and experiences happen. With my set up how would you "cut the coco"?

That blend is actually 100% coco, this blend is 70/30

Super quality coco coir! Full of food but not 'hot'

Gonzo Goat

Gonzo Goat

Thank You very much.

If you had a 40 by 12 by 9 hoop house how would you do it?

Gonzo Goat

Gonzo Goat

Why beds? Wouldn't our beloved air pots breath better and promote healthy root growth, and higher yeilds?

Really please do tell.

burn4me

burn4me

No specific reason honestly. Other than ease i would think. But yeah air pots rock too. Guess its all in what your end goals are.

Edit: 2 rows of 20 gal pots would be great

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
My beds outperform Smart Pots every year. It's especially noticeable this year with all the drought stress.

Gonzo Goat

Gonzo Goat

I have decided to take the "dirt" road. Till, remove soil, till, remove soil and so on to 24" depth. Going back inn mixing promix (local knock off), worm castings, hydrated alfalfa cubes, coco, and COMPOSTED chicken shit from local evil Koch foods farms dolomite and a hundred pounds of calcium enriched diatomaceous earth. Two 12" raised rows 36'x 3' Plants going in 72 per row with white plasticulture and drip tape. I have begun assembly for the two sets of frames that I will use to support and branch. The lower frame is 3' wide and at 18" from the bed surface the second is 4' wide and is there to support at 60". The purlins should provide a handy place to tie up monster colas.

I moved my fertilizer injector ahead of the 200 micron pressure regulator/filter base to keep the teas I will be adding from clogging emitters, lesson learned. Supplementing with BioBizz and boogie woogie. In other news decided to try to squeeze in a early harvest of photoperiod girls first, as many 5 gallon fabric pots as I can squeeze in a 10x12 room to start and begin flowering(propane heater in high tunnel), the 5 week old autos will go out mid April (7 gallon fabric pots) and the big girls in June.

I have never tried to push this hard but my dad's cancer isn't getting better and I need to make lots of oil for him. Going to catch a flight soon to try to acquire a large number of auto seeds. $900 for 100 seeds delivered is too high to me. What do y'all think?

Indoors is looking great. Now approaching weeks flowering 6, 4 and just starting to pop open in the 4x8. Big colas are bay dream (I fucking love this strain.), Mandela one, chill on (Hates nutrients over about 800 on the truchen, and suffering terribly through my 1600 mixes), midnight mass (huge disappointment),and a few candyland (phasing this one out mother will go in the high tunnel).

20141110 170059
20141110 170052
20141110 170037
Gonzo Goat

Gonzo Goat

Oh and tired of paying for Canna. A fertilizer company in South Cali is working on a dry equivalent plus a few tweaks;). pH unbuffered because I have found better solution storage if I adjust once the resiviors are full. I hope to distribute a few sample packs by Fall for you indoor greats to test. Zero heavy metals, no pgrs, and easy.

Top Bottom