12 plant limit question

• Thread starter Seed Buyer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Seed Buyer

Contemplating a move to MI and was curious about the 12 plant limit. Is there any specification on plant phase. In Co you can have 3 immature and 3 mature for a total of 6 plants. I didn't see any specifications on the Michigan gov. site about it. Could you have all 12 in bloom w/ out any legal problems?

joshadelph

joshadelph

No regulations on that, you can have 12 plants per patient, and a max of 5 patients, so 72 plants if you are a full caregiver with your self, and they can all be at whatever stage of life you want them at.

G

gooey

dont forget thenew ag opinon...fucking hater...12 per SEPERATE locked spot....cant wait for this to get overrulled in court...peace

S

Seed Buyer

Thanks for clarifying that. Just gonna do 12 plants. 12 plants w/ 16K watts should yield plenty ;) By the way, I live on the coast in the deep south below sea level. There are NO basements in my area. However, after scouring craigs list for a few weeks, basements seem pretty much the norm in MI. With that being said how high are most basements ceilings? Is there a standard for most basements and would it be possible to find a house w/ say 9' ceilings or this unheard of?

joshadelph

joshadelph

I have seen only a small number of michigan houses without basements, as far as ceiling heights I do not know the average, but 9 does sound a little tall. I am not positive though. You can do alot with 12 plants in the right hands.

G

gooey

Indeed you can do alot but it requires a veg area obvisuly you know this if your about to string up 16 lights...it sucks when you think you have your plant numbers figured and then boom only 12 per room, shit puts a major crimp in my style...o well end to bitchin...what part of the state are you looking to move to?

M

MIway

Is there a standard for most basements and would it be possible to find a house w/ say 9' ceilings or this unheard of?

Older homes tend to have lower ceilings... some are just at 7'. Some newer country homes I saw had tall... appx 9'... ceilings. They are out there, but might require some time looking.

S

Seed Buyer

Never been to MI once in my life so I am not sure. Kind of leaning toward the Ann Arbor area or the outskirts of Ann Arbor. I have a full blown addiction to SEC football so I am thinking I can get my fix of college ball there. Have been also thinking about Detroit, but for some reason that just doesn't seem right. How far of a drive is it from Ann Arbor to the Motor City? Would rather live in a college town and be able to drive in to Detroit for tigers games, concerts and epic shopping at "American Gold and Pawn"!!!!!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
16k and all the support gear really taxes a residential electrical setup pretty good..200amps broken accross 20 circuts in a panel doesn't go as far as you think when you gotta run the rest of the house as well as your grow. If your runnin 110v you'll excede the total amp load right from the beginning, at 220v your still over 100amps right outta the chute. 8k rooms that are off cycle would work but you'll be runnin one setup during the day so more a/c required. If you have central heat and air in the house hat signifcantly cuts your available amp load, it will yank 30-40 amps right out of the equation real quick if your not careful

I have my 200amp residential service pretty stretched with 6k and all the bells and whistles but when I recently added another chiller in the system my house lights dim a little when the compressor hits on

Basements are magic!!!

Tex

joshadelph

joshadelph

Never been to MI once in my life so I am not sure. Kind of leaning toward the Ann Arbor area or the outskirts of Ann Arbor. I have a full blown addiction to SEC football so I am thinking I can get my fix of college ball there. Have been also thinking about Detroit, but for some reason that just doesn't seem right. How far of a drive is it from Ann Arbor to the Motor City? Would rather live in a college town and be able to drive in to Detroit for tigers games, concerts and epic shopping at "American Gold and Pawn"!!!!!

I'd always recommend being in Washtenaw county (Ann Arbor and surrounding area) simply because of the laws and friendliness to cannabis. The city of Ann Arbor is the best place to be hands down, the laws and city council are friendly towards ganj/growing/dispensing. I'd stay out of Oakland county at all costs, its crazy over there. If you like college football then there is not other city in the nation to be in, crazy town for sure! And its only about 30 minutes to Detroit from Ann Arbor.

517kush

16k seems a bit much for 12 plants . IMO 1000 watts per plant is too much. you can get very large yields with 3 or 4.. 6 foot tall plants under one 1000 watt. not sure why you have so much extra light. the most i would run is 6 1000's with 2 plants under each. and there is no need 4 that even. if you can train it right.

517kush

also the new AG opinion is NOT actually a LAW. just an interpretation of the law that prosecuting attorneys will take into account. (maybe) ..... the thing is that if it is LAW . why are dispenarys not worried? (they are way easier targets than caregivers). also im sure that this will get overturned even before it makes it to state supreme court. as it is a poor interpretation of the law to say the least.

S

Seed Buyer

Texas Kid...love your grows. Remember you from the old Advanced forums as well. Gonna need at least 200 amps even on 240. So if I go residential I will probably add another 200 amp service or I am also entertaining the idea of a small free standing commercial building w/ 3 phase. Will have to feel out the real estate market when I get there. Right now its a toss up between MI and CO.

517kush... I am going to be running an under current system so 16K for 12 plants will be minimum amount of light need. If I step up and go w/ the new UC Pro's it will be more like 23K of lighting for the 12 plants. If I can do 12 plants legally I am surely gonna max them out.

Thanks again for everyone's insight. By the way do you need 4 wheel drive to get around in the snow up there? And does the salt eat at your automobiles?

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

By the way do you need 4 wheel drive to get around in the snow up there?

And does the salt eat at your automobiles?

NO need for 4 wheel drive once you learn how to drive. Yes for sure your car will get eaten by salt over time but if you take her to the car wash once a week even it wont happen for 15 years or so

517kush

weather here is kinda wacky. driving is not that bad tho. just pump the brakes when you stop. lol

G

gooey

517...you are correct about the ag opinion, however i know plenty of prosecutors who hate the medical law and would love to fuck you over based on his opinion...not something i want to experience, its a really fucked up thing he is doing and i think some cats are trying to get him disbarred over it all but in the meantime why not just play it safe? the conservative approach now is 12 per room...why arnt dispensarys worried? ill tell you a secret they are worried, but they know every day they stay open is more profit to fight a case etcetc....they are the risk takers more than a caregiver but that does not negate the risks...i think we all are on the same side here just stating my opinion...peace and puffs

T

THegrowshow

Holy shit an undercurrent that big I am dying to learn under current but seed buyer 95% of the basement in Michigan have 7 foot tall basements a lot of newer honestly are the ones you would want they have taller basements also a lot of Michigan basements tend to be damp :( not sure about the newer basements though honestly and you set want to stay away from Oakland county and I wouldn't be that turned off of Detroit for all the downs there r UPS I know a guy who had 16 systems confiscated with lots of trim and nothing was made of it...if it was Oakland county they would have raised bell also if you like college towns east landing is the shit....I actually played foot all at may and take it from me much prettier women are in east landing and the city isn't as arrogant also there r like 30 dispensaries in lansig

S

Seed Buyer

I have been investigating Lansing as well. What parts of Detroit are kosher for a white dude to live in? I had a hunch basements would have a smaller ceiling and have been looking for places w/ detached garages. Does anyone know if you can legally start growing once you have a Doctors note or do you have to wait for a permit from the state? Also, is growing becoming so prevalent that landlords (both commercial & residential) are asking questions or explicitly saying "No growing"?

G

gooey

you can use an affirmative defense once you have the note...not as solid as a card but considering cards are taking 6mnths pretty solid...the burbs of detroit are fine, dont know your budget tho i would look at bloomfield or even further out between detroit and flint...no landlord is going to say no growing unless you ask can i grow....then they will ALL say n o growing, because if they know and dont report you in forfiture cases they will not be able to keep the property...so basically my 2 cents is find the right type of landlord (ie property managment companys or out of state/Country) and be a good tenant or better yet purchase a house or commercial space...gl, and welcome

517kush

lansing is putting a cap on the # of dispensarys allowed in the city limits. so I have to think if the state capitol is pretty much ignoring the AG opinion.than why should anyone follow the AG opinion?the city council is supposed to vote to limit to 48 dispensarys , with 1000$ application fee and 25$ for any background checks needed.... and this is ALL being voted and decided on AFTER his opinion was released...... the AG can NOT CHANGE the LAW. the courts have to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom