12 plants under 430w good or bad?

• Thread starter INDO247
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

INDO247

Would 430w be able to keep 12 plants strong and happy? I want to produce big fat nugs as much as possible. My growlight system is a 400w system and it came with a 400w bulb but it says that i can also use a 430w bulb instead and this is what i'll be doing. Would there be any huge different from switching from a regular HPS 400w bulb to a 430w bulb? The 430w bulb i'll be getting is a Eye Hortilux super HPS 430w.

ps. grow room measurements are about 2.8 x 2.8 x 5.7

I

INDO247

also is Eye Hortilux super HPS a good brand? Or does it even matter about the brands? Like i said i want to produce big nugs so if switching to a certain brand of bulbs will help me get what i wished for then please point me in the right directions. Thanks.

I

INDO247

ok so i have been getting a lot of feedbacks saying 12 plants is overkill. Im going to narrow it down to 9 and if thats still to much i'll lower it to 6 plants total. Another thing is someone mention to me that running a 430w bulb on a 400w ballast will actually be under power and in return i will lose more power than if i was to just stick with a 400w bulb. Is this true? can someone please confirm this?

N

Nuglover

3ftx3ft would be the biggest space I'd put a 400w light. That's running about 44.4 w/sqft. I certainly wouldn't try to light a bigger space than that with one. Put as many girls as you can fit in there. Don't know about the 430w bulb thing though. Hope that helps some.

R

Rural_GrowOp

Eye Hotilux Super HPS bulbs are great. I use them and will always use them. Hope that helps some.

I agree with nuglover on the size for the 430W. Run it SOG style and stuff as many under it as you can.

darkmatter

darkmatter

let it rock survival of the fittest. the power thing dont matter for a light or 2 or 3 what ever it costs smokin goodness matters most. numbers matter if you let em growins fun i guess what im sayin is dont stress.its just a dangerous but rewarding hobby.

N

Nuglover

Something else there bro...with a room that small, you better have some good ventilation or you're not gonna be happy.Even a 400w in a space that small will create alot of heat and you'll end up with thin, loose,airy buds instead of the dense nugs you want. I did my first grow with a 400w in a 3x3 closet and didn't worry too much about ventilation and learned a lesson. It was potent and stinky...just too fluffy and my yield suffered greatly.

BombBP

BombBP

I'd trim the bottoms up nicely too. Get them to grow single cola with lil to no side branching.

C

Chef_Flaco

agree w nuglover on ventilation. last thing u want is loose fluffy buds!

Top Bottom