12 x Power Kush in DWM and autopot

• Thread starter jensen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BudLust

i was running the Under Current style dwc which has an epicenter if thats what ure referring to. i didnt run a seperate rez that was connected to the buckets like a flood/drain or DTW style. my epicenter was hooked up to a top off rez with a float valve to keep correct water level.

a couple of the photos suggest stress from ur lamps being too close. id keep the lamps 18"-24" from the canopy. depending if the lamps are air cooled or not.

J

jensen

@BudLust
I just rechecked the height and it seems ok. not to much heat on the plants. I am using aircooled hoods. I moved them a bit higher anyways to be sure. The led i keep very close as it heats almost nothing at all. isnt that ok or should the led also be further away ?

B

BudLust

i do work in the AC trade and did a dialed aircooled hooded system that allowed me to get the canopy all the way to 8" from the lamp with no heat. but a genetic mutation occured from either too many lumens (if such a thing exists) or the actual heat temp at foliage. i believe its referred to as foxtailing. ive heard several theories on this but i dont want to give false info. i have just seen similar cola development like urs under too intense of lighting. sumtimes less is more.

J

jensen

yeah ok, i have been taking careful care of the plants making sure they dont get to little or to much of anything.

here are some pictures (they are 4 days old now)

will post new pictures soon

any thoughts?

Vlsy301
Vlsy302
Vlsy304
Vlsy305
Vlsy306
Vlsy307
Vlsy308
Vlsy309
Vlsy313
Vlsy315
J

jensen

Its actually quite simple.. its GHE basic stuff FloraMicrom FloraGro and Florabloom. I also use GHE Ripen. After that i add some PK13-14 and some cannazym

From today i have started adding unsulfured blackstrap molasses into the water. 1/2 table spoon for each gallon. I will keep adding molasses until the flush is done. flush will start in 1 week or so i think. any ideas on that ? we are on day 42-43 of flowering a 55-60 day strain.

B

BudLust

Its actually quite simple.. its GHE basic stuff FloraMicrom FloraGro and Florabloom. I also use GHE Ripen. After that i add some PK13-14 and some cannazym

From today i have started adding unsulfured blackstrap molasses into the water. 1/2 table spoon for each gallon. I will keep adding molasses until the flush is done. flush will start in 1 week or so i think. any ideas on that ? we are on day 42-43 of flowering a 55-60 day strain.

i hear great reviews from guys running the GH lineup. simple is the best concept in this game. ive tried so many different advanced methods that ive reverted bak to simple soilless mixes and hand watering.
cannazym is great i use it every other watering at @ 20ml/gal when i flush every week.
i also use molasses with a tea blend that i feed on an "off feed" day.
i start at 1/2tsp/gal in veg then work up to 2tsp/gal into late bloom. def use the molasses thru ur final flush but on the last 1-3 days use R.O. water only to flush.
and regarding ur harvest dates, i would wait as long as possible. patience is a big lesson in this game and u want to make sure the flower is ripe when u harvest. use a scope to follow the trichomes developement from clear to milky white in color. 75% milky white is good to harvest at but also learn to read the buds. on the power kush, it usually will swell out one last time before harvest and the hairs will have turned mostly orange. thats another indicator. shoot me a couple cola pix and ill see what i think is up.
power kush is a 45-55dayer and can really be harvested anywhere from day 45 (if ripe) to day 60 easily. im letting mine go 55-65 days this round. also allows me time for trimming by harvesting a few plants on day 55 then by the end of day 65, every plant has been chopped. helps gives u a good spectrum of THC:CBD ratio for different type of highs and yields etc.

what did ur PPMs top out at on ur feedings?

-boom

J

jensen

my last feedings were 1200ppm but this last time (2 days ago) i went up to 1400-1450ppm, they look good so far. but the problem is that this is a 45-55 day flowering strain and i had taken for granted it was a 55-60 day strain so actually i should be flushing now as its day 45-46. but ill let the nutes stay for 1-2 more days. i also added alot of hps light in the tent. got 3 x 600w 1x400w (all 4 in cooltubes) and a 150w led and a 250 fluorescent and 3 small 55w 5500lumens fluorescent bulbs :p

lets hope its not to much.. i hope molasses + extra light will make those buds swell really good during next 3-4 days :D

im a bit afraid that the buds arent getting fat enough but i might be to impatient, or what?

J

jensen

also i will use tap water for the last 2-3 days like you say. my tap water is 40ppm, isnt that as good as RO water ? i dont have the gear to make RO water here

B

BudLust

my RO system filters the tap water from city water. the ppm comes out 5-10 at most.
i hope u have a happy harvest. post sum pix if u get bak on here.

im mid harvest myself and i got my room cold enough to turn the power kush purple on one pheno i have of it, check it out. fully riped harvesting day 55-68. flushed out with RO for 1-2 weeks so u see the yellowing that nutes were flushed out. i flushed for a week during week 7 with an organic feed mix including molasses @ 2tsp/gal. the samples ive been trying taste ridiculously fruity and smooth. strong hit tho im gettin lab tested this week and most likely will come in at 17% THC again.

http://i1127.invalid.com/albums/l640/budlust/IMG_1438.jpg

http://i1127.invalid.com/albums/l640/budlust/IMG_1439.jpg

http://i1127.invalid.com/albums/l640/budlust/IMG_1441.jpg

Top Bottom