is this light going to work?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
illrichflips

illrichflips

Hey guys new to the forum, I used to get it in a little outdoors seasonally in the northeast area, later I had a 3x3 tent with a 400w hps 3x3 ebb and flow tray ( usually did 5 pants max sometimes 4 from overgrow) I was recently given a Gianor 1200w led my boy is going to China and said "I ain't growing shit in china". I found this on amazon ( ) I have never used an led before I was wondering if this one is decent since it was a gift, I know there are alot of led products out there and it's hard to know what's the real deal, I don't have a par meter so I thought I'd ask about the light if anyone has any info. will it cover a 3x3 or you guys think I would need another that is to say that if it's decent I don't need to waste money. look forward to hearing from you guys!

-rich

Dan789

Dan789

Welcome Rich, I haven't got any experience with this particular light, but have a King plus 1200 which seems OK. But it also doesn't cover a 4x4 tent by it self. Like you no par meter, so just a seat of the pants appraisal.
As far as saving money, no arguments there, I'm moving to cobs as soon as my bank account allows.

illrichflips

illrichflips

What's the big difference between a board based led like this and the cobs? It's sounds like your implying the cobs preform better.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

Hey guys new to the forum, I used to get it in a little outdoors seasonally in the northeast area, later I had a 3x3 tent with a 400w hps 3x3 ebb and flow tray ( usually did 5 pants max sometimes 4 from overgrow) I was recently given a Gianor 1200w led my boy is going to China and said "I ain't growing shit in china". I found this on amazon ( ) I have never used an led before I was wondering if this one is decent since it was a gift, I know there are alot of led products out there and it's hard to know what's the real deal, I don't have a par meter so I thought I'd ask about the light if anyone has any info. will it cover a 3x3 or you guys think I would need another that is to say that if it's decent I don't need to waste money. look forward to hearing from you guys!

-rich

I'm guessing it will probably work for a 3x3 tent, although I have no real experience with it. Given to you is always the best price };-) doesn't hurt in trying it. Keep in mind, the title says 1200W but the draw from the wall is only 340Watts. They came up with the 1200W because they are using 200 - 6 watt LEDs but they are not driving them to maximum.

give it a shot, it might just work fine for your needs.

Top Bottom