123 Breeding for Beginners

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jah Leon

Thanks for the info texas kid. Seems you really in depth with this.

Can i get some feedback on you on two issues from breeding:

1.)What do you think about feminised seeds?

2.) what do you think about lowryder?

My reasoning in wild populations my biggest concern is pollen from lowryder strains that show sex extremely early. Individual species are usually affected by geographical barriers over time. But introduce wild strains that have early flowering seems to be an advantage over longer bearing sativas and would have the possibility of upsetting genetic traits easily. Even though the Hardy–Weinberg principle is in play.

I still find this dangerous where man made factors like culling of plants are done and selection base on circumstances.

Thanks in advance for your opinion .

Bless

bigjay420

bigjay420

Great crash course to get up to speed. I had an amazing accident recently, I'd like to share. 3 or 4 cycles ago, I had an amazing Pineapple Express specimen that did a very slight (almost hidden) herm. It pollinated an amazing White Widow it was sharing space with. It only got a few branches, so I isolated and kept her going. I grew out some of the better looking beans (8 of 10 fem rate) and hit them with the best male White Widow I had going, to try to increase yeild. The result from THOSE beans has been great, even though I was told it would all be a waste of time. I did this with NO knowledge of breeding. I was wondering if this is normal, or I got lucky. And what's my best course of action to try to stabilize what I have going? I want to progress beyond chucking pollen.

K

kolah

nice post! this was my first year doing some pollen-chucking...next year I plan to get into it a little deeper. From what I have read and seen it seems as though it;s easier to pick out a good female (mother) but much harder to select a great stud male.

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

just dusted off my seat! I use pen and paper tho for meh notes! "CANT WAIT' like bart scott says!

B

budfarmer

I know a person that has grown Tetraploids he says they are the bomb but with 4 branches at each node it's a nightmare of vegetation especially if you need to deal with spider mites ect. This fellow is a bit of a mad scientist character and is currently working with colchicine treatments to produce another Tetraploid while documenting the whole process, his product fetched double the regular price. I'm thinking about growing 1 or 2 outdoors this next summer.

dumpstergrower

dumpstergrower

One helluva read and tips @Texas Kid ill repost after the breeding to see how it helped me

Latest posts

Top Bottom