S

spinkus

Started 124 seeds yesterday for Mother selection's

10 - DNA Redcan
24 - Reeferman Tropical Timewarp
30 - Dynamite Diesel (local breeder)
30 - Strawberry Diesel (local breeder)
30 - Mr. Dynamite (mine)

These were started in Rapid Rooters. They will be run on 12/12 from start. They are going to be run in a setup exactly like the one i'm currently running. 124 sites, 600w HPS, light mover.

After they sex and right before they start flowering, around Days 25-35 I will take 2 cuts of each female. I'll take a rooted clone of the females(hopefully 60-70) and keep them in veg until the originals finish and I can start selecting.

This is meant to be a Mother only selection, but I know I will find a couple of studs that stand out. I really hope to find a great cut from this many beans. The local strains have all been very nice, so 30 seeds should be plenty. The TT and Redcan are unknowns to me, never grew them out. This should be FUN!!

I'll post some pics soon, right now it's pretty boring.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
I love growing new beans, especially unknowns. Good luck and post up!

C

coldnorth

good luck mate, hope you find something special hehe wish i had the space for that.

leadplant

leadplant

thats the way to do it, spinkus, you'll find a great mom(s).

btw, did you or anyone else ever find out the lineage of that redcan?

S

spinkus

leadplant - Here's what A from DNA had to say about the Redcan.

what i can tell you about the red can is they are from a friend who loved indica's
as far as flowering times 8-9 weeks
as far as genetics i dont know
red can = ?

respect,
A

So I guess we'll just have to see!

P

ProGroWannabe

I agree with others. It sounds like one hell of an undertaking and BIG fun. Be sure to give us lots of pics of your progress, if ya can.

B

BITYmagicBeanz

whats your Mr. Dynamite made up of and taste.smell like?

S

spinkus

PGW - Thanks for you interest, definitely gonna be a big undertaking but I think the results will be well worth it! And I'll put some pics up as soon as the little ones all pop there heads up.

Bity - The Mr. Dynamite is a IBL Mr.Nice(g13xhashplant) male from 90's Sensi Stock, crossed to a IBL Dynamite(grapefruit BX to IBL) from Next Generation Seed Co.

The Mr. Nice was inbred here for years making it into a IBL. The Dynamite was stable when I got it, just had to select a really good mother.

It smells and taste of strong hash with a little sour undertone from the Dynamite. A very strong pure indica high, definitely not for the a.m. The Dynamite has made the high and taste from the Mr. Nice much more enjoyable, as the Mr. Nice was a purely narcotic high. And also the Mr. Nice male has added some umph to the Dynamite's mellower high.

H

herby

Very nice, I'm gonna tag along here as well. Interested to see what you come up with. I dropped a few of the redcan in water yesterday myself. already sunk this morning so into some paper towels and a baggie for a couple days to see what pops.

H

herby

Just took a peek, I only watered 3 of the seeds, I have clones going now too so I didnt want to pop to many. Anyway, I am seeing a tail this morning so we have something going on :):) I'll let em go one more day and then pop em in RR.

M

Mr Green

:flower really look forward to seeing more pics of your grow.. keep us posted:flower

S

spinkus

Aright here they are 6 days ago. Athe the time I had only culled 7 males, now they have all pretty much sexed and the males have been culled. 33 females left I believe. One male was kept, a Mr. Dynamite that I'm gonna cross to my Mr. Dynamite cut I found 2 years back. I'll make F-2's of these in a few months.

Gonna take some cuts of a few of the taller, further along females tonight.

1 2
2 2
3 2
S

spinkus

Also it's only 62 beans and one table, the Strawberry diesel wouldn't germ and only ONE Tropical Timewarp germed and survived the rest yellowed and died at the surface. So 54 gone off the bat, but you'll have that...

Still have the Redcan. Dynamite Diesel, and Mr. Dynamite. I'll be fine.

The Redcan's leaves are some of the most Indica i've seen. Some of these fans blades are almost round.

P

ProGroWannabe

Lookin good spinkus! I'll be interested to see you run those tall, skinny pots.

S

spinkus

Yeah guys sorry about the total lack of updates. But I promise I will post some tonight.

The DynamitexDiesel cross has thrown out alot of variation, some very diesel leaning, some very short, squat and dense like the dynamite. This was expected as the Diesel line isnt a IBL. But some very nice looking plants indeed.

The Mr. NicexDynamite cross is a true F-1. Both lines have been inbred for years. This cross is very uniform, short and squat. Most plants have taken on the hashy, peppery smell of the Mr. Nice and all are crazy covered in resin.

The one Tropical Timewarp I had come through looks very nice. Good yield it looks like for a sativa.

The Redcans were very weird. When they started they were so short and some of the most indica looking leaves I have seen, almost round! But once they really started flowering they stretched as much as the diesel pheno's in the DxD. Couple smell sweet, couple hashy, and one individual smells of menthol. They are the most nute sensitive of the group as well, didnt expect that. Overall good looking plants, just different from most i've grown.

Anyways like I said I'll post some pics of the table and maybe some individual shots, as well as all the girls top cuts in veg. Its a jungle in there! 30+ mothers in 1 gal bags under 1 400W T-5.

Good times

H

herby

Thanks Brotha, I was especially interested in the redcans as I had to chop mine early because of a move. I actually just smoked some last night for the first time and she is a heavy hitting indica for sure. 3 of us were smoking her and all had the same impression too. I was actually surprised at the results since these were chopped at least 4 weeks early and I was expecting a more motivational high.
Anyway, I really enjoyed this stuff so will be popping more of it soon as I have time. I also got the same aromas you described. One was almost a buggle gum smelling thing, the others were more pine sol smelling.

Right now just started 21 different strains and as soon as thats under control will pop some more of these redcans.
Looking forward to some photos of them for sure.

S

spinkus

There are quite a few standouts all ready in the Dynamite Diesel. So much variation always leads to finding something special. There are two Dynamite Diesels that stand out. DD #22 is more diesel dominant and smells absolutely amazing, a great mix of the sweet and sour of the Dynamite and a added funk from the diesel. DD #9 has almost NO stretch and is huge rock solid frosty buds. Looks like a huge yielding dynamite, smells of the dynamite as well. Just hope it stones like it and this will be a great yielder to have around.

The DynamiteXMr. Nice cross is so uniform its amazing. All plants look like dynamite with more resin coverage, and the smell is all Mr. Nice. There is one pheno that is recessive and looks exactly like the Mr. Nice.

Alright here they are.

The first 4 pics are of the original seed plants that started on 12/12. They are on Day 82 from sprout, I believe. The DD #9 pheno I spoke about is already at 5% amber at 82 days. Usually I find straight to 12/12 from seed takes 100 days to maturity. So maybe the heavy early.

The next 3 are the Dynamite x Diesel cross #22 I am already so fond of based on looks and smell alone!

The next 2 are the jungle. All the cuts tops have been cloned, rooted and transplanted into 1 gal bags under a 400w T-5. Keep'em safe till we smoke the end product.

Room1
Room2
Room3
Room4
Dd1
Dd2
Dd3
Veg1
Veg2
Top Bottom