12w x 16L x 9h

• Thread starter norcalgreens
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

norcalgreens

First let me say, this WILL be my first grow. I have a space 12wx16Lx9high and plan on using all of it. I am a PROP 215 PATIENT and CAREGIVER to 2 other PATIENTS. This WILL BE A LEGAL GROW OP.

I will be using 4 Magnum xxl 8" (1000 hps)
two 5foot cool tubes(1000 hps) would like to use the cool tubes vertically.

Hoods will be vented outside the room.
Filter will most likely be vented outside room as well.
NO intake vents.
Will be using a split 12k btu ac. Window unit.
All ballast will be outside room.
will be using co2@ 1500ppm.

Medium will be FF soil, HAND watered.
Not sure on NUTES just yet, but i do have some AN a friend gave me. Since i have it i may use it.

Would like advice on Placement of hoods and tubes.
Was thinking to use 2 rows on the Magnums and puting the tubes in the middle of the 2 rows. not sure.

Strain unknown @ the moment but would like to try the
StrawberryX Deep Chunk. I hear good things about it.
Will have 22 plants (trees)
Doing a perpetual harvest and will be taking my own clones...

Thank you all for you advice and support.

N

norcalgreens

anyone have any ideas... would be much appreciated

D

DrFrankenstrain

Dont recommend the lights be set vertically. I have 8 stages in my perpetual grow and harvest every 2 weeks. Each stage has a different set of lights and as each stage progresses I up the watages of light and blast em with more and more lumins. If you are worried about lighting under neath then throw a t-5 or two under your plants to get the undergrowth. And I do recommend air intake from outside. make sure your balanced. what you have coming in make sure you have going out and you may want to invest in a can fan. Make sure you have plenty of air circulation in your room to prevent molds and fungi. Air king makes a good fan. As far as nutes, that is a personal preference, but I stay with the old tried and true.. general hydroponics. Happy growing and good luck.

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

I'm more of an outdoor guy who is diving headfirst into the indoor stuff, but I'm pretty sure that CO2 is mostly absorbed under light, not so much during the dark. If you are venting your lights outside of the room, you'll be wasting most of the C02 unless you also bringing in the air to vent those lights from outside of the room as well. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

T

TheGanjaMan

Hey norcalgreens. First of all you do not have enough light. With 6 1000w's over a 12 x 16 space your at 31.25w per sq ft. You want at least 50. I would run 12 1000w's. Putting you at 62.5w per sq ft. Then use air cooled hoods, 8", 4 lights per fan. You are going to have to check with a pro on this but i think you can draw in air from outside your room, to cool you light, vented outside out your room. And still run C02. Make sure everything is taped ( seals on hoods, duct to fan ect. ).

Run a 2 ton ac. If your going to run a traditional sealed room your going to need 4000btu of cooling per 1k

Use Bottled C02 to help cool. ONLY run C02 at night.
Seal Your room to 99%. Tape every last crack. You dont want to be waisting C02.

I would have 3 rows of plants by 5 plants long. So basically your on 3' centers and still have room to move down each row. LST, top, and train the shit outta them. Mix FF OF and FF LW at a 50/50 ratio. Use the biggest pots you can find that will fit in there.

Advanced is a great nute company. What nutes do you have from them?

As far as placement of hood it will be quite easy. 3 rows of 4 lights.

I dont see how your going to do a perpetual harvest when you lights are on 12/12. Unless you veg some where else. Start from clones because you dont want to have a half empty room because of males. DC x Strawberry cough would be a good strain for this set up, lots of vigor, high yeild.

And remember the most important thing, dont do anything half ass'ed !

Hope I helped.

TGM

S

spin doc

"Use Bottled C02 to help cool. ONLY run C02 at night."

Plants utilze CO2 as part of the photosentisis process which occurs when light is present. I believe the most efficient use of CO2 occurs with lights on. Venting your lights with air drawn from outside the flower room and exhausted outside the flower room with taped ducting won't result in too large of a loss of CO2.

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

CO2 won't leak out if you're pushing air through the ducting...air will leak *into* the room. if you're pulling the air, sure you'll lose some CO2 out.

D

dusty

Vented lights are a gimmick made to sell to pot growers. you dont need them. I would put 6 1ks over a 12 x 12 section of your room and have 3 4 x 4 raised beds on each side on casters with a 24.000 BTU wall mount and a small co2 burner. with 6 oscillators on the walls and 2 floor fans with a 8" fan scrubbing.

a big a/c and a simply set up room beats extra fans and ducting in my book any day. the big a/c will make your room the perfect temps all year regardless of the air going thru the hoods it eliminates added variables like condensation on ducting, pressurization of a once sealed space etc.,

TGM - Do you like to walk around and work in your rooms at all 12 lamps over a 12x16 space doesn't leave any room for fans on the floor, water tanks etc., :icon_spin:

C

CAPO

Nicely stated and simply put, Dusty.

If you've got the money and don't mind all the extra ducting. I might say you'd be safer if a bulb exploded. Which by the way I've never had happen. I'm pretty sure you'd only be cooling a few extra degrees.

I like using parabolic hoods, I think the new trend is going back to bare bulbs. You just can't bump em or get em wet.

As far as gas I'd run a burner. I agree with dusty get the BIG AC and just scrub the air vs. trying to purge everytime your temps and humidity get to be too much.

N

norcalgreens

Thanks everyone..... Room turned out to be 13x13.... gona do 8k.... still looking for DC x strawberry cough tho. Veg room 8x8. plan on running either two 1ks or three 400. on a 18/6 cycle.
As far s cooling i ran central air to my rooms with thermostat into flower room.
Rooms will be up in running in 2weeks max. got the rock up and insulated everything.
Got to run alittle more electricical and finsh the taping. thats bout it....

Once again thanks everyone

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

Vented lights are a gimmick made to sell to pot growers. you dont need them.

I'd say most company owners are 'live and let live' and are happy to sell you anything you want. A few however aren't cool. Green houses don't use air cooled fixtures. "air cooled" and "600W" might be narc red flags.

D

dusty

That wasn't the point I was making. I was just trying to say instead of buying "hydro" equipment you could just buy an excellent central air system and properly set up your environment for big yields!

R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm more of an outdoor guy who is diving headfirst into the indoor stuff, but I'm pretty sure that CO2 is mostly absorbed under light, not so much during the dark. If you are venting your lights outside of the room, you'll be wasting most of the C02 unless you also bringing in the air to vent those lights from outside of the room as well. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

CO2 is only utilized during photosynthesis, so if the lights aren't on, CO2 does nothing. If the hoods are sealed your not going to lose much CO2. You would want a controller that manages CO2 with your ventilation, so when your fans kick on, your CO2 shuts off. A completely sealed room is the way to go, but recirculating AC units are expensive and costly to run.

Top Bottom