12x20 room with 6x 1k watt, is 3ton ac good?

• Thread starter vangs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vangs

vangs

starting a new grow op, doing a 2 rooms on a flip, there will be 1 ac unit with 2 zones to switch over to the other room once its lights out for the room currently on.. my question is will 3 ton ac be enough? I've heard people say 3500-4000 nd some people say to go with 5k to account for extra equipment, so that means i would need around 30k but to cool the room, and that leaves an extra 6k btu for the co2 but im assuming its already been accounted for, so does anyone know from experience if it will be enough? im just worried since it will be running on a flip, it will run 24.7 so i want to make sure i get a strong enough unit... in the winter my inline fans can pull cold air threw from outside to cool the rooms.

20kwDreamer

20kwDreamer

I'd get the bigger unit just because it will need to run so much. Have you considered two mini-splits? Will you be cooling the hoods?

Bull Trout

Bull Trout

It is possible if you can keep the ballasts out of the room. I run 8 kw bare bulbs, with burner, and 3 ton Mr. Slim with two 18000 btu airhandlers , sealed with two cheapy holmes dehuey in a room of similar size. No prob keeping it at 78. It also depends on your room and how the outside elements effect it

vangs

vangs

It is possible if you can keep the ballasts out of the room. I run 8 kw bare bulbs, with burner, and 3 ton Mr. Slim with two 18000 btu airhandlers , sealed with two cheapy holmes dehuey in a room of similar size. No prob keeping it at 78. It also depends on your room and how the outside elements effect it
wait so aside of the 3 ton a/c your also running a total of 3ton air handler? whats the difference between the 2?

Bull Trout

Bull Trout

wait so aside of the 3 ton a/c your also running a total of 3ton air handler? whats the difference between the 2?
The airhandler is also know as an evaporator. It is the interior unit of a mini split. I run two in case one fails. That way stuff doesn't completely fry.
Mini split

Top Bottom