13/11 for flowering vs. 12/12

• Thread starter Farmer Jon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Farmer Jon here just wondering what your flowering schedule is and why?
Have you tried 13/11 and what are your results?
Maybe you prefer 11/13...or is 12/12 just the best way to go and why.
Hoping to get objective opinions and answers as to why you use the cycle you use to induce and promote flowering in our beloved herb.

M

mikegreenthumb

iver done 14 hours for last 2 weeks of flower i hear that you can up the light schedule for as long as youve flowed so if youve flowered 4 weeks then you can up the hours even 18/0 for 4 weeks before reverting to veg

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

You wanna get real funky? Let me go see if I can track down a link to some cat named Mr. Ito, I think that was his name:

http://www.drugs-forum.com/growfaq/27.htm

One of these days, Ia m going to do this. So I have been saying for years now.

Give that a whirl if you want to get crazy with da shit.

M

MASSES 420KING

i prefer 13 on 11 off for the soul purpose of giving my girls as much light energy as possible with out running a chance of stressing them i also find that my yield increased once i switched it to that lighting regime also i run that regime for the entire cycle it almost keeps them in over drive and yes you mite add a few more days to your schedule in the end but imo its totally worth it with 12/12 you can keep norm schedule and still pull excellent yields and with 11 on and 13 off your yield will go down a lil but you can harvest a week maybe two weeks early this really depends on your situation as to how your lighting schedule goes so i hope that helps you out all the good vibes and karma to you and your garden

B

boroboro

I can't find it now, but remember an interesting post postulating that non-24 hour cycles like 12/10 could be an interesting way to shorten total flower time. 60 night-day cycles could be squeezed into 55 days or so.

It may have been shorter days, with 12 hour nights, can't quite remember. Is it the 12 hour night needed for flowering, or the 12 hour day?

M

Mr_Marley_Jim

I've read about some growers in Holland that have an 18 hour cycle... 6 Hours of light with 12 hours of dark...

They claimed that yield was only slightly effected... Maybe 10-15% loss... But they cut their flowering time down 25% which means 6 weeks!!!

And they also nearly cut their electric bill in half...

Never had the balls to test it... Plus I kinda need my lights on at night to help me regulate heat... And an 18 hour day would get really confusing for remembering when I could go work on my ladies...

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

Is it the 12 hour night needed for flowering, or the 12 hour day?
Dark. If you didn't check that link I posted you should. That is about the wackiest light schedule proposition I have come across.

D

dr.lewis

DJ says in his book that Sativas or equatorial strains prefer something like 13/11 (Veg) and 11/13 (flower), whereas Indicas prefer the traditional 18/6 (veg) and 12/12 (flower). However, it is dependent upon strain and all simulated enviros must be optimized for your specific genetic.

M

Malachi

i treied the 13-11 thing before and didnt get as good a yield as a 12/12 and it took like an extra week to finish, maybe it was the strain, but never again ... i am sticking with 12/12. Its tried and true so it works for me. KISS

Latest posts

Top Bottom