1300 square feet!!! ???

• Thread starter pickled cricket
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pickled cricket

OK Potasuers!

1300 sq. ft. underground. Geothermal unit and well water. But not a huge budget, lets say 1000.00 to start.
Floor drains and 220V available.
How would my fellow farmers set this up?

Peace,

Pickled

P

pickled cricket

No takers yet? This is in my new place that we will be closing on soon. Its location is in a mmj legal state. I will also have my mmj card soon after we close I hope. I like to have a well laid plan so thats the reason for the question. May take a while to finish due to my disabilities. Im also thinking of a journal from start to finish. Peace!

A

amstercal

what are the dimensions of the room? have you ever grown before? pics?

H

Hylife

1000 isn't nearly enough for 1300 square feet. You need to spend a lot more than that to utilize that space well.

J

Jalisco Kid

Go to a donut shop get some free 4 gal buckets. Use a 70/30 coir/perlite mix. Buy 2 1000MH and 1 1000 hps used($450) 3 new bulbs ($225) plastic collective plates $1.50 ea.,10lts of H&G aqua (110) ,ppm/pH pen ($130) hand water. Trade your crop for more gear. JK

O

OZUT

$1,000 isn't enough... You would need to start off small and build up as you go. I would get a mix like Sunshine Mix #1 or #4 in grow bags. They're like $.25 each. Considering your budget, I wouldn't buy any MH bulbs. Do your entire cycle with an HPS bulb. If you don't have an a/c you'll need one. A decent used one on craigslist will set you back between $150 - $250. When you do your expenses, don't forget the cost of clones. If you're not in a big rush, get a couple now, and keep cloning them. Depending on when you plant to have your room ready, which I take it is going to be a while, you should have enough. Your biggest expense is going to be light and nutes. If you go with H&G, it'll set you back a couple of hundred for all the nutes. You could just go with the base nutes and drip clean then buy the bud xl, top booster, multi zen and shooting powder as they come up on the schedule. But make sure you have money set aside for it. You could mix your own nutes, but you should know what you're doing first. I think your budget is doable but don't expect anything big or too many lights. Maybe 2 max. What I would do in your situation is lay the groundwork to expand fast. The way I would do that is buy some t5's and set up a cloning station. Spend the money on a dimmable Lumitek ballast and slowly build up. What you get from your first harvest, you put back into it. The only thing with those funds is you'll have a hard time setting up an air cooled set up. Go with wing reflectors and change those out when you have more money. Shop around and ask hydro shops what used equipment they have. The price difference between new and used is huge and sometimes, the used aren't really that used.

Good luck.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
JK is on point - start out small and then when you have more fun tickets expand - good luck

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

yeah man time to be a thrifty gardener get used stuff and build up! as for the MH lights i was just posting on here how you can get old high bay shop lights for pennies on craigslist as so many companies are replacing them.

the example ad i posted was

you can use a computer cord to rewire them and you can even remove the socket and make it a remote ballast. i've done both its super simple i use a 400w mh one for my mom tent and plan on picking up a 1k one for my veg room until i upgrade to a badboy t5 setup.

also check auctions never know what you might come up with!

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
if your in cali there is plenty of used gear on craigslist

and a few listings for new gear so cheap you gotta wonder if its hot

C

ClimateControl

OK Potasuers!

1300 sq. ft. underground. Geothermal unit and well water. But not a huge budget, lets say 1000.00 to start.
Floor drains and 220V available.
How would my fellow farmers set this up?

Peace,

Pickled

You should go talk to CannabisJohn, he knows his shit. Stop waisting your time with wanna bee's
:banana1sv6:
You following Mutherload?

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

damn climate 70 posts in and you are dissing every poster on this thread that's not going to get you far bro. chill out smoke one and take a look around before you call people wanna bee's.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
hes just butt hurt becasue I called him on spamming - Im sure he wont be around much longer now that hes trolling too

some people just dont have a clue

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

oh well his loss,

motherlode like the sig got a question for you if you were 200 light years away and had a telescope strong enough to see earth would you be seeing the earth from 200 years ago? read about that in a book one night had my mind froze for a second.

A

amstercal

Dude, how can people work up that shit so early on a Monday? I need more coffee before I'm coherent, let alone filled with angst.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
no JK hes trolling my posts because I pointed out (in 2 other threads) that him trying to sell an ac unit to everybody here who had an ac question was against the rules and he should pay to be sponsor like everybody else here who sells products

S

supasticky

I would say...you don't necessarily have to use 1300 sq/ft. set up 2 5x5 trays with 1000w's. 16 clones each. Veg for a second, throw a screen over, and flower those bitches. THEN you'll have like 8000 to play around with. Keep it going until you have serious cash, because filling up your 1300 sq/ft with trash that you'll have to tear down when you buy your real shit is going to be a pain. I would say 10,000 is going to be enough to get your area done up so after your grow you can start doing the REAL planning. Idk though some other farmers will probably think they can do it with less lol :) You need a mother/clone area, a veg room and a flower room. Depends on what you want to do. Is it just a big square or multiple rooms or what?

-Supa

B

Bobby Smith

oh well his loss,

motherlode like the sig got a question for you if you were 200 light years away and had a telescope strong enough to see earth would you be seeing the earth from 200 years ago? read about that in a book one night had my mind froze for a second.

Yes to your question - when we look at stars, etc. that are many light years away, we see them as they were when the light left them (ergo, we're seeing the past).

Motherlode, I actually watched a show which dealt with (basically) your exact question (I eat up anything about astronomy, love it) and I can't recall the EXACT answer but when I do I'll let you know.

You want to really get your mind fucked, watch some shows explaining Einstein's General Theory of Relativity...........thank God for DVRs, because some of that shit I had to watch like five times to understand - pretty mind-boggling that someone could conceive of that shit.

The first time I grasped "space-time" was pretty cool.

Top Bottom