14 days in veg...advice welcome on feeding...ebb n flow....pics...

• Thread starter traw88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
traw88

traw88

.........hey everyone thanks for reading....:). i have done alot of reading on this site and have gain a shit load of knowledge...but everyone has there own setup....

-strain- skwallker- seeds from a ounce i purchased from shop-
-medium- 1 1/2 inch rw cube in hydroton rocks.
-nutes- g.h. 3 part -grow 1tsp- micro1/2tsp -bloom1/4tsp- per 1 gallon
-temp- 75-85 humidity 30%-70%
-water- 200-240 ppm after nutes and ph down 500-600ppm ph = 5.5-5.9

well I'm 14 days into veg, and have been hand watering ...i have been mixing about a gallon per day..
i know i need to get more nutrients like some sort of root enhancer? And i think i have my base nutrients the gh 3 part ... can i add other products like bud candy or voodoo juice with my nutrients i have?

i have 4x4 tray with a 45 gallon reservoir ..should i use all 45 gallons or can i use 30 gallons or less....
i plan on filling my tray 3 times a day and 1 at night.?

if you have any thoughts, questions, ideas feel free to explain.....thank you for your time ...

heres some pics of how there doing so far..pretty good i think...my first run so i could be wrong...

14 days in vegadvice welcome on feedingebb n flowpics
14 days in vegadvice welcome on feedingebb n flowpics 2
14 days in vegadvice welcome on feedingebb n flowpics 3
14 days in vegadvice welcome on feedingebb n flowpics 4
14 days in vegadvice welcome on feedingebb n flowpics 5
14 days in vegadvice welcome on feedingebb n flowpics 6
MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

I think you will be fine with just GH 3 part and some Liquid KoolBloom... That is all I used when running GH and always had great results and didn't spend a fortune on a bunch of other additives and such...

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Great style of growing traw! Similar to the Ebb n Gro from C.A.P. I almost switched over to this from the Ebb N flo system. Anyways the answer to your questions...

1. Yes, use the whole res. The equation to figure your volume in gallons is like this:
Desired flood height(inches) x width of table(inches) x length(inches) x .0043 = gallons
Youre table is 7" deep but with a 45gal res the highest you can flood to is about 4.75"
So....
4.75" x 48" x 48" x .0043 = 47gal close...
You get the idea, just use the whole res and make sure to top off each day cause the plants will drink like crazy.
***Make sure your roots are down into the balls good before switching over and relying on the flood.

2. Because this is your first rodeo watch your plants for a while and let them tell you when to water. If you jump right into a feeding schedule you run the risk of overwatering and ROT, look for the TWP (Temporary Wilt Point). Also, try and water just before lights off instead of at night. They sleep at night and have no need for water.

Looks good, you chose a great grow style to start with. I love the fact you can re-use the balls. 1 point I have is to pick up H202! It will save you so much headache! Run it with every feed at a maintnance dose of 1/2 - 3/4 of the regular app rate. This will keep that nasty shit away from your roots and provide a sterile environment. Remember not to run organics with the H202. Stick with GH, run the 3 part with the liquid Kool Bloom and maybe some koolbloom powder to finish with and you will not be dissapointed. Don't complicate things.

Hit me up if you have any more questions - I've ran the Ebb n Gro, Flo & flooded pots with hydroton/perlite in them.

-GR33N

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

One more thing after this round (I'm guessing you plan on reusing the hydroton) flush it with a flushing agent to remove salts and consider putting the plants straight into the beds. Scrap the pots, if anything they are going to restrict the roots.

traw88

traw88

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT..:D

all of it sounds good to me ..i have been watching them pretty close every day and have been noticing that turning my pump on for 15 min ...every 6 hours .so 4 times a day.... looks like they are taking up all the nutrients.. leafs are reaching toward the light with barely wilting....

the roots were well established before i stopped hand watering already popping out the bottom...wich i was suprised cause i diddnt have not rooting agents...but a fellow farmer mentioned rooting agents is mainly for clones..true or false?

and for some reason i have a shit load of the hydroton rocks...i was planning on getting a coco mat that would fit in the bottom of the tray...but wanted to try the rock way first.. cleaning agent = dawn soap, or a special hydroton rock cleaner....

? in my resevor the ph starts at 5.8 but after night ill go check in the morning and it will be 6.1 ...is adding ph down everyday to your res bad...? ill put some more pics up in a bit...

thanks again..

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT..:D

all of it sounds good to me ..i have been watching them pretty close every day and have been noticing that turning my pump on for 15 min ...every 6 hours .so 4 times a day.... looks like they are taking up all the nutrients.. leafs are reaching toward the light with barely wilting....

the roots were well established before i stopped hand watering already popping out the bottom...wich i was suprised cause i diddnt have not rooting agents...but a fellow farmer mentioned rooting agents is mainly for clones..true or false?

and for some reason i have a shit load of the hydroton rocks...i was planning on getting a coco mat that would fit in the bottom of the tray...but wanted to try the rock way first.. cleaning agent = dawn soap, or a special hydroton rock cleaner....

? in my resevor the ph starts at 5.8 but after night ill go check in the morning and it will be 6.1 ...is adding ph down everyday to your res bad...? ill put some more pics up in a bit...

thanks again..

-No need for rooting agents - You can try them out in veg but I have never used them, seems like a waste of money.

-Cleaning or flushing agent is something like FLORAKLEEN or Drip Clean, and chemical substance that will remove the salt build up in your medium. I recommend florakleen, its cheap and works great, run it during flush and maybe once during your transition phase (from veg to flower) to clean the salt out.

-That is standard for pH. My process:
1. Fill Res
2. Add nutes (make sure to add micro first and let mix thoroughly before adding more) H202 last.
3. pH to 5.7-5.8 (feed accordingly)
4. I usually do not adjust pH after the initial adjustment, as long as it doesn't go over 6.1-6.2. Allowing the pH to swing will let ALL the nutrients in that are otherwise not available at 5.7. Pull up a HYDRO pH chart on google images, you will see that their is allot available at 5.7 that is not available at 6.1. Let your pH do its thing until res change, which im guessing will be about once a week, then start over again. The more pH down you use the more you run the risk of your nutrient falling out of solution.

One more bit of info, make sure you have plenty of air stones and if possible a small pump just to keep the water moving. And make sure to keep the water out of the light.

traw88

traw88

I think you will be fine with just GH 3 part and some Liquid KoolBloom... That is all I used when running GH and always had great results and didn't spend a fortune on a bunch of other additives and such...
-just wondering when i add the kool bloom do i have to back off the nutrients cause I'm adding another additive...
-also would i still run the florabloom and the liquid bloom or just one ? (don't wanna over feed my girls) ....thanks for the info.....

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

Feeding schedule is the way to go! I used to follow it exactly and have no problems!

Top Bottom