15 litre / 4 Gallon pots is it enough?

• Thread starter KOTN
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KOTN

KOTN

Plants are roughly between 35-40cm in height transplanted into 15 litre pots as its all I can fit in the area currently. Was going to flip to flower at 60 days. Currently at 55 days. Roots are all starting to come out the bottom. Anyone got advice on weather they can go the distance in these pots and if there is ways to stop roots coming through the holes. Should I block them up? Do I need to replant again?

15 litre  4 gallon pots is it enough
15 litre  4 gallon pots is it enough 2
15 litre  4 gallon pots is it enough 3
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Roots will grow to the bottom then spread out. The ones that come out will air prune so no worries there.

I personally after last grow don't buy into root bound. My plants were atlease double that size in 1 gal pots... the ideal point is to be in a container size that allows for the media to dry enough in 2-3days to water again.

soccernut

soccernut

she has room for more veg but flower needs room and its gonna be hard to transplant when shes twice the size

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Roots will grow to the bottom then spread out. The ones that come out will air prune so no worries there.

I personally after last grow don't buy into root bound. My plants were atlease double that size in 1 gal pots... the ideal point is to be in a container size that allows for the media to dry enough in 2-3days to water again.
That was coco tho. Different game of sorts.
if you have room to go to 5g you won’t regret it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That was coco tho. Different game of sorts.
if you have room to go to 5g you won’t regret it.
Yeah but not so different... roots don't need excessive space... eg get rootbound. They suffer from the growers inability to manage and keep a stable rootzone because the wet dry cycle is much faster.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Soil, I'd go larger.
The roots will continue to grow for the 1st 2-3 weeks of flower. If you already flipped at that size you should be okay. Just make sure the soil doesn't dry out too bad.
If you can, feed your nute solution, or water at 65-68 degrees. 67 degree solution will hold around 10x's as much O2 as 78 degrees

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

3 or 5 they do not make 4gal nursery pots, look up info on strain your growing how tall do they say it gets? If over 100cm i would go with 5, you would be suprised how big a plant can fit in a 3 gal pot, maybe they make 4 gal smart pots, but 99% of my plants go in 3gal pots.

20201126 081247
Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

Soil, I'd go larger.
The roots will continue to grow for the 1st 2-3 weeks of flower. If you already flipped at that size you should be okay. Just make sure the soil doesn't dry out too bad.
If you can, feed your nute solution, or water at 65-68 degrees. 67 degree solution will hold around 10x's as much O2 as 78 degrees
I thought they grew into week 5 or 6 from flip? That's when the soil becomes all roots and doesn't saturate with water as well. They become harder to water. At least thats my experience.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I thought they grew into week 5 or 6 from flip? That's when the soil becomes all roots and doesn't saturate with water as well. They become harder to water. At least thats my experience.
The plant will begin plumping up, trics develop, buds connect into giant colas, but the roots stop growing aftrr the stretch. Usually week 3

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

This explains it better than I can.

Cannabis Roots During Flowering
Once the flowering stage has begun, the roots won’t grow like in the vegetative stage. After 2 weeks into the flowering stage, the roots will reduce the rate of growth drastically and focus on absorbing as much nutrient as they can to ensure a good bud production.

d8f25738a7716594da6e501321c04eb3.jpg

Cannabis roots during flowering.

At this stage it is crucial that you maintain the roots happy, the excess or lack of water will result in lower yields.

Top Bottom