15 years since last grow.

• Thread starter FlakeInShoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FlakeInShoe

FlakeInShoe

I've been looking at the RO buddie but i have a feeling there is a LOT of stuff in my water and it might cost more to replace filters than buy water. I'll never have more plants than a 4x4 tent will hold and it will be a fall/winter seasonal indoor situation since I don't normally use air conditioning in the summer. My water needs shouldn't be that large. This grow is mainly just to get a little smoke by April or so since i didn't get my act together until around Christmas time. I'll probably do a few containers outside over summer.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Got a pen, probe and a kit for ponds with drops. After sitting out awhile the tap water does drop a little but it's still almost 9 and that's after sitting out for way longer than 24hrs. It's pretty alkaline stuff, i probably should have realised that since it occasionally clogs pipes with the calcium/lime/whatever buildup. Don't know if I would even wanna use it after being ph'd, with all the chloramine and who knows what in it. I might use some of the pond ph down and see how it works on the zinnias.

You need the ppm. The ph is not the whole story. You can mix hard tap water with ro down to 150 ppm and not need added calcium. And lower the cost of ro water.

FlakeInShoe

FlakeInShoe

You need the ppm. The ph is not the whole story. You can mix hard tap water with ro down to 150 ppm and not need added calcium. And lower the cost of ro water.

Ok, I'll get a meter then. I read something about it not being as simple as ph and that alkalinity and such changes things that I don't quite understand. It sounds like cannabis is pretty much a science at this point.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Ok, I'll get a meter then. I read something about it not being as simple as ph and that alkalinity and such changes things that I don't quite understand. It sounds like cannabis is pretty much a science at this point.

Read about alkalinity in water for gardening.

For example my well water is 8.0 ph but only has 150ppm (.3ec) mineral content. So i never need ph adjustment. 150 ppm is perfect for ph stability. The lime or oyster shell in the soil buffers the ph.

But i have a bit too much soluble iron so i manage by using extra runoff and flush the pots from time to time to clear out the excess.

FlakeInShoe

FlakeInShoe

22 days from germination. Roots are starting to poke out the drain holes and they have really taken off in the last couple of days. The jobe's organic 2-5-3 seems to be working nicely. I think I'm going to veg for 15-20 more days, they ought to be pretty good size by then if they keep going at the rate they have been the last few days. They're at node 5-6, Don't know what I want to do as far as topping/training.
20200117 044721

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

if only 7 days ago, then fair enough. i guess you're watering quite often in those small cups.

you got a few plants - so, you can employ maybe different manipulation technique on each plant.

i just crushed and bent an offshoot on one of my plants, as i was lazy to get the plant tie out to LST. and like you, thinking about topping and FIM. then you got SoG.

FlakeInShoe

FlakeInShoe

if only 7 days ago, then fair enough. i guess you're watering quite often in those small cups.

It was about 4 days before I had to water again after putting them in the cups. But now that they have taken off it probably won't be long before it's an every other day thing. Probably should have went with something a little larger than the solos for sure. They may not be in them very long.

Seraphine

Seraphine

I’ll follow along. I’ve been wanting to grow blim burn GSC. I grew their cafe racer for a while. High yielder but flower took 16 weeks! Worth the wait, potent AF. I’m curious to see how GSC turn outs. I currently have seedsman’s WW in veg. I have it mainlined, in coco, and 1 galling fabric pots. Here’s a pic of WW

09C001F4 1933 4999 BD12 314FA303D0AF
FlakeInShoe

FlakeInShoe

I’ll follow along. I’ve been wanting to grow blim burn GSC. I grew their cafe racer for a while. High yielder but flower took 16 weeks! Worth the wait, potent AF. I’m curious to see how GSC turn outs. I currently have seedsman’s WW in veg. I have it mainlined, in coco, and 1 galling fabric pots. Here’s a pic of WW

The leaf structure and color on our seedsman ww are very similar. Mine is the one on the right, it's a pretty vigorous plant that has held up to my abuse better than the other two. I've been reading that the blim burn gsc can go 12 weeks pretty easy so I'm prepared for it to be a long haul. The gsc sure has some funny looking leaves thus far. I'm wishing the gg x blueberry beans I had were viable cause I'm lacking some indica in the tent. Got some blueberry on the way so it may make it in there.

Seraphine

Seraphine

The leaf structure and color on our seedsman ww are very similar. Mine is the one on the right, it's a pretty vigorous plant that has held up to my abuse better than the other two. I've been reading that the blim burn gsc can go 12 weeks pretty easy so I'm prepared for it to be a long haul. The gsc sure has some funny looking leaves thus far. I'm wishing the gg x blueberry beans I had were viable cause I'm lacking some indica in the tent. Got some blueberry on the way so it may make it in there.
I wouldn’t be surprised it your GSC took 14-16 weeks to finish. I loved growing my blueberry, it developed some beautiful colors with my cold night time temps. The calyxes turn a shade of purple. I’m growing a three GG4 grosses right now so I’m excited to see what traits they carry over from each parent.

FlakeInShoe

FlakeInShoe

I wouldn’t be surprised it your GSC took 14-16 weeks to finish. I loved growing my blueberry, it developed some beautiful colors with my cold night time temps. The calyxes turn a shade of purple. I’m growing a three GG4 grosses right now so I’m excited to see what traits they carry over from each parent.

Blueberry has always been my favorite strain, way back in the day I kept a really good pheno for a few years, it's probably still the best bud I've ever had. Had the smell of tropical fruit with a certain funk to it almost like an over ripe cantaloupe mixed with pineapple or something and so strong smelling it would almost burn your nose if you were molesting a bud, it had all the qualities of a strong glade air freshener, never even worried about odor it was so perfumy. I'd like to stumble across a similar blueberry again.

FlakeInShoe

FlakeInShoe

Topped them earlier today. Next step will be 5 gal pots. I've been using ph'd tap water and it seems to be working well. Think it would be better to transplant asap or wait another 5 days or so?

Left to right: Blim burn gsc - seedsman Bruce Banger - seedsman white widow.

20200120 010523

20200120 010635

FlakeInShoe

FlakeInShoe

Got my tds meter today. I also spotted some fungus gnats in the house so I ordered some microbe lift. The tap water isn't as horrible as I thought it might be 165ppm.

FlakeInShoe

FlakeInShoe

Here they are 2 weeks later. Lst'd the 4 main branches and defoliated them about a week ago. Probably going to give them another 10 days or so, over watered the WW when I transplanted and really stunted it and it just started to really take off a day or two ago. The ww clone is in the 2gal bucket on the left, it rooted in just a few days, the Bruce Banger clone is in the cup in that same bucket, it rooted in 10 days, the Gsc clone still hasn't rooted. The two blueberry seedlings are about a week from germ. The ones in the 5gal buckets ought to be fairly large in another 10 days and the small clone and two seedlings ought to be settled into 2 gal buckets of their own by then and I'll switch from the 400 to the 1000.

20200203 234126

Blim burn gsc in front 5gal, Seedsman Bruce Banger in the back 5gal and Seedsman WW in the right 5gal.

FlakeInShoe

FlakeInShoe

Got everyone in their final pots and threw in the little blurple. All three clones (tops from the topped plants) are rooted now, the little gsc took a whole two weeks, i know i probably won't get a whole lot from the two week old seedlings and the clones but at least they will fill some space. Looking forward to the flip, might let em veg for another two weeks instead of just 9 days.

20200205 204023
Matthewstever

Matthewstever

Looking good. 🙂
You may get more than you think. I bought 6" clones for this grow and only vegged them 2 weeks...my kimbo kush's are 3' tall with 8-10 colas each..I just needed a fast flip. Next round gets a proper veg.

FlakeInShoe

FlakeInShoe

Looking good. 🙂
You may get more than you think. I bought 6" clones for this grow and only vegged them 2 weeks...my kimbo kush's are 3' tall with 8-10 colas each..I just needed a fast flip. Next round gets a proper veg.

Right, I noticed the clone that rooted first stretched quite a bit because it was out of the sweet spot for my little 400w hps, but the branches also grew like crazy and light reaches them, i got high hopes for it. Might have to let the rest stretch a little too.

Top Bottom