150 gallon barrel?

• Thread starter Green Giant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Green Giant

Green Giant

OK farmers, I have a 150G barrel left over from my salt water reef set up. It did have fresh salt water in it, I used it to mix my salt/water then add it into the system.

I was wondering if it could be used to hold fresh RO water for my ladies? Of course I would wash it out and rinse well. What should I be concerned about?

Thanks

GG
150 gallon barrel

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

I was wondering if it could be used to hold fresh RO water for my ladies? Of course I would wash it out and rinse well. What should I be concerned about?
If you wash it out and rinse it well, there should be no concerns imo.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Hell yeah bro, bleach it and you got a great reservior that you can grow alot of plants with. 150g is alot of water, good luck.

J

Jalisco Kid

I make 256 gal tanks that sidle right through a doorway. JK
I would clean your tank then spray it with 35% H. peroxide soak your valves in H peroxide also.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I make 256 gal tanks that sidle right through a doorway. JK
I would clean your tank then spray it with 35% H. peroxide soak your valves in H peroxide also.

Do you think the peroxide would be better than bleach, or did you mean bleach it first then use peroxide??

B

Badmf

oh yes h2o2 is better is there a possibility of any remants if it's h2o2 no problem if chorine problem! Bleach would kill plants or at least harm them, h2o2 turns to an extra oxygen molecule no sweat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom