15k De Gavita Med Op Set-up

• Thread starter DRONER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DRONER

DRONER

hey guys! Its been a long time since ive posted. Looking fir your input on my set up and plan heres the list:
Fully licensed Medical Set ups
15 de gavita 1000s 3 5x18 foot tables (5de per table)
7 tonne AC
C02 running through ac ducting
90 7gal coco pots
Full drip emmiter watering system with 450L tank
2x 110 pint industrial dehumidifiers wall mounted
10x typhoon wall mounted fans
12" out through ceiling duct
Im going tonrun a full scrog accross the board
1 month veg
Running all blue dream
"Sun rise" "sun set" timed lights on off staggered.

Veg room consists of 6 x 600hps on ajutawings, sealed room independant a/c
Topping twice and Fimming 2 times to prep for scrog in flower room

I havent gotten into the fine details of nutes or supplements im going to run but the whole room will be fully irrigated emmiters and pumps.

Any input would be much appreciated

Also what kinda yield should i be looking at here?... Ive got a rough number but im pretty conservative before its all done and finished

Cheers

DR

N

noone88

I don't think you need that many gavitas. I'm assuming you're using rolling tables? Gavitas light 5x5 or 6x4 space.

7 gallons of coco is too much. Use 3 or 5 gallon fabric pot.

You should veg with DE's as well. Light the room and not the veg tables.

DRONER

DRONER

I don't think you need that many gavitas. I'm assuming you're using rolling tables? Gavitas light 5x5 or 6x4 space.
Exactly using rolling tables, i figured it is a bit of overkill, i could do 12 instead i figured if i can keep the room cool enough it can only help the end result but correct me if im wrong..

What kind of yield could i be expecting in your opinion?

I was un-decided between doing 5 or 7 gal smartpots but youve confirmed my decision to go for 5 gal

Cheers.

S

SHIRDABZALOT

Gonna need to at least double the dehuey situation.......maybe triple. DE definitely makes more humidity for me

M

MikeGreat

If you use only 12 lights and keep the 7 gallons you will have 7.5 plants under each light, a bit too many for ultimate production. I will keep the 15 lights if you are going with 90 plants...

DRONER

DRONER

Those dehums likely won't keep up. The blue dream round here makes arm sized colas under DE's should have no trouble hitting 3. What's the room dimensions?
Ok so i went and picked up all of my equipment today for my Veg, also upped the order for the dehumidifiers to 2-180 pint machines.
My main room is 26x24 feet
Veg is 14 wide by 18 feet long.
Wiring is being done this weekend, should have my veg room up and running by sunday, next step to tackle the main room all next week! Its going to be a big push to have everything in within 10 days!

W

WCKatz

You guys need to remember these lights are designed to light the entire room, not just the canopy space. If your designing just around plant space your not going to be using the gavita's to the full potential. I have seen this posted before but I'll post what the Gavita tech emailed me today.

1. When we light a room, we always light a complete room. This is the only way to create uniform light levels in your room. It is not recommended to only put lamps above your plants.

2. There is a minimal distance between the lamp and the crop. For 600W this is 60cm/2 ft, for 750W this is 70 cm / 2 ft 4 inch, for 1000W this is 90 cm / 3 ft. In larger rooms with many overlapping lights the optimal distance is often even a bit further away.

3. The reflectivity of your walls is a crucial factor. The lower the reflectivity of the walls, the lower the average light levels and the lower the uniformity. Walls have a bigger influence in a smaller room. We recommend to use high reflective material such as orca film of >90%.

4. Because of the influence of the walls the uniformity of the light near the walls is always lower. When we calculate the quality of the light as in uniformity % (min/avg) we always calculate a surface at 20-50cm from the walls (depending on the size of the room).

5. We calculate with 1000 umol m-2 s-1 for the generative phase (flowering, 12 hours cycle) and 670 umol m-2 s-1 for the vegetative phase (18 hours veg cycle). This is because your plants get 50% more light in the vegetative phase because you light them 18 hours instead of 12. The daily light integral (DLI, total amount of light the plants get per day) stays the same this way.

The light intensity you require depends on a lot of factors. If you are an experienced grower and have CO2 systems and advanced climate control systems, 1000 umol m-2 s-1 gives you the optimal yield per square meter. If you are growing less high-tech, or do not have a long experience as a grower, we recommend to go about 20-30% lower than that, for veg and for flowering. The yield per watt invested light will actually be a little bit higher at a bit lower light levels, though the yield per square meter will be a bit lower.

6. When combining plasma light to HPS we recommend a minimum of 1 LEP fixture per 600W HPS in veg, and minimum of 1 LEP fixture per 1200W in the flowering phase. More LEP will increase the quality of your crop.

7. In most cases the dimensions of a room are not ideal for the footprints of the lamps. Therefor most rooms have a different "sweet spot" for the lamps. In general though you should hang your lamps in-line, with the centers of the lamps between 90 cm and 110 cm apart. The distance between the rows is between 1.8 and 2.3 meters. The distance between the rows and the walls should be less than half the distance between your rows: when the rows are 2 m apart the ideal distance from the walls is likely to be 80 cm or less. At the head and tail of the rows the lamps should be really close to the walls (30-40 cm to the center of the lamp). This is because a HPS fixture always has a wide footprint.

Top Bottom