15months To End Of Flower

• Thread starter iCultivate
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
iCultivate

iCultivate

I wasn't sure where to stick this thread..

I've had this idea for a while. Finally Ive decided to bite the bullet and see what happens, but first wanted to post here to see if anyone else has tried the same.

I want to see how much I can get off one plant. Mostly I grow indoors but I also had a large shed I use for indoor outdoor, and sometimes flower.

I have a particularly heavy yielding widow I want to grow under 18hrs until I literally run out of room. I reckon by 6 months she'll be hitting the lights and the walls. At that stage I can supply up to 3.2kW of MH light. I have an absolute monster pot bag to put her in, prob around 200gal. Probably coco and perlite.

Im going to time it to forklift her out right at the beginning of the outdoor season, gives me an extra 9 months of growth. She'll 15months old when I harvest her and I can only cream myself imagining the size she'll be.

For the sheer absurdity and love of growing...

Has anyone else tried something similar?

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I have not tried something quite as old as your running, but I have run mothers as outdoor plants before. IMO, I can grow a larger plant from seed that is healthy all the way through the growing season, than trying to veg a giant plant, move it around during the season, and loosing some of it's vigor though this process.

The mothers I flower out always have half the vigor of a strong seed plant.

However, I really want to see what happens if you do have a 15 month old plant.

straincreation

straincreation

This is gonna be epic.
happy farmin;)
style to a larger pot.
or the ground 7f you can dig and line that hole, or not if you got decent native soil IME once they get that tap far anough theres no stopppin um.

E

eighty9concr

I would agree about needing a bigger pot than 200. I can completely fill my 200 tan smart pots by putting out 2' tall plants that were started indoors in April. I would go with at least 400 tan smart pot.

souf69

souf69

750 to 1000 gallons, don't hold back or your yield will go down. Checkout markscastle big plant thread.

Blaze

Blaze

Waste of time and money, especially in something as small as a 200 gallon pot in my opinion. The plant will fill out that space many, many months before it is ready to harvest and will be very difficult to keep fed and happy for the remaining veg time. You will have to 'feed the monster' so to speak, which can be difficult.

Cannabis is an annual, it did not evolve to be a long lived plant. The older they get, the more they loose vigor and health. One of the biggest and more common mistakes I see people make with outdoor is starting too early and thinking that a super early start or having a really large plant at the start of the season will get you a higher yield. It won't - in fact if anything it will hurt your yield since as I already mentioned the plant will be far more likely to become unhealthy by the times it is ready to harvest.

Healthy plants, good soil, and lots of space to grow once they go out are what gets you your big yields outside, not extra veg time or an early start.

H

happy b

I have not tried something quite as old as your running, but I have run mothers as outdoor plants before. IMO, I can grow a larger plant from seed that is healthy all the way through the growing season, than trying to veg a giant plant, move it around during the season, and loosing some of it's vigor though this process.

The mothers I flower out always have half the vigor of a strong seed plant.

However, I really want to see what happens if you do have a 15 month old plant.
Couldnt someone do what hes doing but pick a strain were you know the vast majority of phenos are good buy a packet of theyr seeds and grow em out indoors,pick the most vigorous female and just veg it for a good few months indoors before putting it outdoors?
i saw a utube vid were jorge cervantes was showing these huge 10 lb plants and i wondered how they got em so big.i concluded that they started em off indoors from seeds a good few months before the start of the outdoor season then put them out as already big plants.
but as its pissing around here constantly i cant grow outdoors so iv nothing to compare it too.

souf69

souf69

Couldnt someone do what hes doing but pick a strain were you know the vast majority of phenos are good buy a packet of theyr seeds and grow em out indoors,pick the most vigorous female and just veg it for a good few months indoors before putting it outdoors?
i saw a utube vid were jorge cervantes was showing these huge 10 lb plants and i wondered how they got em so big.i concluded that they started em off indoors from seeds a good few months before the start of the outdoor season then put them out as already big plants.
but as its pissing around here constantly i cant grow outdoors so iv nothing to compare it too.
I ran two identical beds last year with both sizes. My buddies laughed at me cause I brought knee high plants, while they brought four footers. My knee high caught up to and passed a few biggers up. The raskals never stretched, but they were very nice.

50YardLine

50YardLine

Watch my thread when I throw it up @Happy. The plants seem small, until they find their roots. Clones don't have a good root system, as seed plants have a tap root. It's almost like the seed plants just grow roots for 2 months, then BAM! They find their roots and take off. I don't know how Jorge does it, but no need to veg plants indoors at all for 10 lb plants.

Top Bottom