16,000 W Dream Room

• Thread starter Custom X
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Custom X

Custom X

Ever consider gavita 750s and turn up to 830w? Probably similar spread on. 4x4 trays. Then saving watts and helping efficiency.
Note in the room were running 9 600w gavitas. So 5400 watts but some t5s in mom area. Were sealed too 2 car garage space essentially. We also Have seperate panel for ac. Dehueys use a lot of space up and all. Can peep my thread for some rundown. Mwd new room new year
I have thrown the idea around but I think for now Ari cooled cool tubes is the route I will go "Bongo" mentioned that at full tilt summer I should be only pushing 120 amps give or take few amps. Is that realistic I am working on adding up all the equipment in amps right now.

Dunge

Dunge

Well currently it has 200 amp 3 phase and a 100 amp single and a 125 single we were considering upgrading the 125 single to 200 amp. Right now he wants an equipment schedule to see if the 200 amp panel is going to be sufficient.
This is a real question, so sorry if it sounds a bit torllish but, why would a single phase panel be connected to three phase source?
Seems to me that a three phase panel can do it all, and single phase panels would only make balancing the load more complicated.
What am I missing here?
Is balancing not as important as I think?

Custom X

Custom X

well this a bit new to me but the warehouse is located on a nursery the warehouse has 125 amp single phase and the nursery use 100 amp single and three phase 200 amp

Custom X

Custom X

all right guys this is the equipment schedule for voltage and amperage. Is this a realistic value??

1. Equipment Voltage Amperage

2. (20) Wall mounted 16 in Oscillating fans 3 speed 120 V .71/.54/.48
  1. (4) 8 in Booster fans 120V .5

2. (4) 12 in Booster Fans 120V 1.5

3. (2) 12 in Inline fans 120V 3.2

4. (4) 10in inline fans 120V 2.07

5. (3) 8 in inline fans 120V 1.72

6. (2) 6 in inline 120V 0.97

7. (2) co2 regulator 120V 1.0

8. (2) Saturn five environmental controllers 120V 15.0

9. (2) 12000,BTU mini split AC units 110-120V 9.5

10. (2) ½ hp inline water pumps 110V 2.5

11. (2) Dehumidifiers 115V 4.8

12. (17) 1,000 W Lights 240V 4.6

13. (4) 2x4 T5 4 bulb lights 120V 1.98

14. (1)Fluorescent Shop Light 120V 1.0

15. MLC 16DX lighting controller Hooked up with an 80 Amp line

added up I have 194.76 amps

Custom X

Custom X

This is a real question, so sorry if it sounds a bit torllish but, why would a single phase panel be connected to three phase source?
Seems to me that a three phase panel can do it all, and single phase panels would only make balancing the load more complicated.
What am I missing here?
Is balancing not as important as I think?
I think is because three phase is only needed for large equipment its over kill for most things.

purpleberry

purpleberry

Ehhh, I disagree. I'd rather have them on a closed loop and need a smaller ac. That's just me though. Too much humidity. And on top of that he's using co2. You can push these
Plants to insanity g/watt with a cooled hoods and sealed rooms with co2
What does humidity and co2 have to do with anything? It actually lowers the humidity with bare bulbs, and of course the room would be sealed with co2 and bare bulbs. And I hit 1g watt plus running bare bulb.
Look at how many inline fans and how many amps they take up, move those amps to ac. I believe the reason people increase yield with gavitas is partially due to the fact they ditch air cooled hoods. Ive taken a room and put in a bigger ac, ditched the glass and seen yields go up. I never hit 1g watt before I did that.

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
You only need two 12" Inlines to cool 16k. Your going overboard using more. I'd rather keep my bulbs air cooled on a closed loop to keep my heat out of the room and run my AC unit less to save power. It's give or take, but in this situation I would use a closed loop on hoods. You could just as easily run them open and use 24k split. I guess I'm so familiar with the running of ducting and cutting holes it isn't that big of deal... Two lines of hoods and ducting, 2 12s exiting the building.

Custom X

Custom X

Hey Guys sorry its been a bit but we are going to ditch the fans it looks like and throw 48,000 BTU in one room with 12/ 1000 lights utilizing hoods and a bare bulb. After much research and nit picking I decided this will be the most cost effective and easy way to hande our cooling needs. And with two 24,000 mini split units we should be good. It will be a sealed room for the most part however we will be utilizing an exhaust fan in the case of any heating emergency. Which will be regulated with a thrmostat. as well as an intake. Any oppinions on if we will need more AC to cool 12,000 kw ? If we utilize an intake and exhausr in the event of high peaks on our lights.

So 48,000 BTU of AC, two Ten inch intak and outake fans, 1 10" Phresh intake hepa filter, 2 50 pint a day Dehumidfiers, 8 Wall mounted 16" fans, 4 burner co2 regulator, 12,000 watts for lighting, and fuly irrigated garden. Any oppininons on amp draw??

Or any oppinions at all would be much appreciated.

Thanks Guys,

Custom

Billyboat

Billyboat

I would do a 5 ton york split unit for 12k barebulb, I use adjust a wings.

If buying new go with the double ended tech stuff, I'm switching over to it, it rocks.

M

MarcoTC

Maybe helpful..... as for AC's, I'm currently looking into these for myself:
These go for $2100 with air handler included.

They also have a 13 Seer version:
Cheaper ($1800) because they don't come with a TXV.

I'm wondering about the DE bulbs though. I love them but don't they run hotter? Normally, I calculate 5000BTU per 1000 Watts but I'm not sure if that's the same for DE's.

Custom X

Custom X

Hey guys sorry its been awhile a bit of an update. We are going to go Bare Bulb and only one room for now. We are trying to determine if we should go with a upgraded 200 amp service to 400 amp service. or if we should just have a new meter put in with new 200 or 400 amp service. As far as upgrade goes a devoted 4oo amp service may be the best way to go just trying to work out the cost has anyone had to upgrade service before. Perhaps give me an idea of what i am in for, or if I should just look for another building if it is not feasable.

QLTYlab

QLTYlab

if you are even considering the extra amp capacity, do it. your options will be much more open as you progress and learn the space better. also seems like something you would not want to do once up and running.

Top Bottom