16 1k lights 235 ebb&grow buckets! Lets get it on!!

• Thread starter Yodas Master
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
NeoMarius

NeoMarius

For a first timer I would seriously urge you away from hydro unless your friend with clones can be of assistance. Go Dutch. Go Organic. Go 5 gallon buckets with sweet foxfarm soil. Place on drip trays and water regular. One thing for certain is humidity in early stages needs to be at least 60%. I would also ask is ther scaling on your buckets. Signs of chems going solid on the sides. Try using your piss for the nute in soil with your worst plant. No kidding, grab your worst plant stick it in mud and piss all around it. then nothing but water. Maybe some fish emulsion. Try it and see what happens. Im in till the end so keep me updated. I truly love your set-up and the building its in and the large res and all the pretty lights. Honestly tho, for the first few grows I suggest you go with soil, untill you understand the plants growth cycle and the different aspects of nutrient. Then when you got our game face kick back into hydro a little wiser. You wont have head aches you will get maaaaad ganj, and youll work on greening that thumb of yours up for when its hydro time. I am small scale for the now but it wasnt always so. I run soil and hydro every place I live regardless of risk, and it is a passion that Ive got for this lovely flowering plant we unfortunately call a weed. Check out my journal, Ninja grow for my nutes and baby's pic's. PM me for anything and good luck with the best job in the world. FARMER:party0022:

PC010002
Y

Yodas Master

ok ladies and gentlemen im back. I have read all the posts and ive decided to go with 125 g13 and 110 champagne
here are the photos of the clones.

I still need some help though.I seem to be getting the same droopy leaves and yellowing at the growth tips. Help me out brothers. My partner grows in soil like a smart guy!!! So any hydro growers jump on my band wagon and lets make these girls happy.
Here are the stats
water temp 69-73
ppm 425
ph5.8
How am i getting these horrible results?

Now here is a pick of the clones the day after putting them in hydro system. The seem to be yellowing again on the tops. Wtf only one day after being in the system. Should i up the ppm from 400 to 900? 6.2 ph ill try it on one of the res see what happens.

NeoMarius

NeoMarius

How am i getting these horrible results?

Now here is a pick of the clones the day after putting them in hydro system. The seem to be yellowing again on the tops. Wtf only one day after being in the system.

:sick0004:

Your spending a lot of money on a herb funeral. Work in small batches of ten- twenty ladies if you absolutly have to do hydro your first grow. One of the major losses in productivity in any field of biz is takeing on more work than your able to and not knowing when to say " I can only do so much, Right now." You have a top quality system but without the experience to run such a large op, you will be losing girls left n right. Im sorry.

St3ve

St3ve

They will most likely have a little shock from the transplanting. How much root system do they have? What is the room temp? Make sure those 1k's are no closer than 3'.

I wouldn't raise your nutes yet, 400 is plenty to get them going. I don't start raising nutes until I see vegetative growth kick in for a few days. Then only in increments of 100 every three or four days.

MarijuanaBaybee

MarijuanaBaybee

i droopy leafs could be meanone or two things one it is getting over watered and youl notice the lil curl at the tip of the leaf and two i thinkn it could also be overwatering and yelllowing could be of lumenshok or nutelock i belive not to sure on that one but it i am sure it could be a possiblity that it could be caused by the lights. also what is the RH and temp in the room? that is also a key factor to this enviorment for the plants ... and where the fans at in the roomm i did not see any in the pics im assuming you have plently of airflow in the room if not you might want to add some wall fans and put them right by the clones

NeoMarius

NeoMarius

Good point baybee, If your not blowing the air on your babes they will suffocate in a large room even.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Sup Yodas Master... I just read through your thread I must say you are very ambitious for your first time growing. While I wish I could have a disposable income like this, I would never run before I could walk. Let's see if we can get you on track here... Aside from good genetics being important to create top shelf nugs, ambient environment is critical, followed by nutrients. Since this is your first round I hope your nutrient regiment is simple. My first rounds were in hydro and I learned soil in Round 3. There's definitely a better chance of success with learning soil first, but it's not impossible to start in hydro...

Here we go... Ambient environment is the beginning and experience will show you how the plants react under different levels of lumens, temp, RH, and wind speed. Your temps seem fine, wind speed should be gentle and not whipping leaves around, your RH is too low and should be higher in veg at around 60%, and finally 1000W at 3' from the upper canopy is too close for seedlings or clones that are under 12" and not fully rooted in their medium.

Plant and root size in relation to pot size is a key factor that some beginners seem to ignore. It is much better to start with smaller pots and then transplant before becoming rootbound... Not only will this save you on wasting nutrients, medium, and water, your space and lumen requirements will be reduced due to a smaller footprint. Clearly this endeavor of yours is to make money, so keep in mind the basic principles of business operating expenses.

Finally I'd like to hear more about your nutrient regiment and what times during the photoperiod you're watering the plants. During veg you should only need to water twice a day and shouldn't water at night... One last bit of advice, research Vapor Pressure Deficit and Moisture Heat Stress as these two issues are also affecting your success or lack thereof... :cool

NeoMarius

NeoMarius

Thank's for popping in here Shady, I was getting worried for him.

U

UCtestn

First off, You go boy!

Second, Shady's made some good points.

Third, raise your lights as high as you can for now.

Fourth, if you are not air cooling those lights, why have the glass on them to hurt the lamp output.

I'm testing hydro out for the first time as well.

:sick0004:

Your spending a lot of money on a herb funeral. Work in small batches of ten- twenty ladies if you absolutly have to do hydro your first grow. One of the major losses in productivity in any field of biz is takeing on more work than your able to and not knowing when to say " I can only do so much, Right now." You have a top quality system but without the experience to run such a large op, you will be losing girls left n right. Im sorry.

Neo, seems you know how much work this person can do.

It also seems you know how deep his pockets are.

I spend a shit ton of money on R/C helicopters and crash them weekly. I assume you would advise me to fly safer and not crash as much... Let the man be with his investments, help with his plants... or keep whining, your call.

NeoMarius

NeoMarius

Wow, I gave the man good advice, He obviously wasnt taking it and getting ready to do the same to his new girls. I dont believe that can be called whining. I also believe Shady is right, and very knowledgable. Thats why I asked him to look at this journal. Being that you yourself only recently started growing you should be more open to advice wether its what you want to hear or not. What I do know is if you start small regardless of how deep your pockets are you have a much higher ability to learn and take your time. I also know that regardless of how deep his pockets are, He probably doesnt want to keep buying clones and burning the shit out of them. Again he asked for opinions and he got them from people who know.

purpleberry

purpleberry

Take 2 steps back away from the hydro, lol Id take all those plants and stick them in coco 1 gallon pots and go from there. You can run drip and still use those buckets and hose for drain lines. Much easyer to step up in pot size and manage the ferts than it is to stick them in 5g buckets.
Ive seen several newbees start out hydro because they think it will be bigger yeilds better quality ect. But ends up being a waste of time when you have no clue how to grow. Either get pro help, or go to soil or coco.
If your in cencal i could be of some service.

Y

Yodas Master

Dont worry gentlemen all is well on the farm. I believe the nute solution was just too low. All are rooting well and i believe it was the low ppm. I have gotten all of the ppm to above 700. I have also raised the lights to as high as possible. I think the shitty nutrients are also a problem.
Could anyone suggest a simple regimen for me? I have a friend who uses gh powder form and he has extremely perfect plants. Should i try those? The ones i have now are Technaflora.

Thanks for the advice from everyone. Im trying to put all of your advice to work. Im going to continue to do this until i get it correct so lets all forget about how much this costs. The clones were free to me and my time is just that, my time. I appreciate all the help guys lets continue to help each other and keep all the negative comments away from this grow. Send me positive vibes guys ill get this right.I promise!!!!!

Y

Yodas Master

Thanks to BUFFBUDS i have corrected the problems. He correctly determined what the problem i was having was. Thanks BUFFBUDS i really appreciate the diagnosis and remedy.Anything else you can think of, by all means fill me in!!!

NeoMarius

NeoMarius

Glad to hear your getting itall going, Dont get me wrong Hydro is very efficient, I was just concerned for your beauty of an op. Cant wait to see them blowing up.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Good to know that you are determined to succeed... Sometimes you need to get burned to learn a lesson... Since this has already happened, let's move forward with positive vibes as you've said... That's my kind of attitude! :damnhippie:

Ok I started my first two rounds in hydroton ebb 'n flow, then moved onto soil, DWC, coco automated drip DTW, and now I'm gonna play with the UC while keeping most of these diff mediums going concurrently.

First, take good notes and plenty of pictures to refer back and this will help you see how the ambient environment and nutrients affect the plants. Plenty of research, notes, and references will help you speak the plant's language... As an Engineer, I tend to do a lot of shady experiments on the side to confirm a hypothesis and my suspicions. Since you have plenty of time and plants, I'd suggest doing smaller experiments later once you have the basic fundamentals down.

Second, since my tap water is above 500 PPM, I use RO and CalMag. I try to keep my PPM (at 0.5 conversion to EC) range consistent for seedlings and unrooted clones at 200 PPM (80 PPM of that is CalMag). Seedlings and rooted clones under 6" in height are generally fed 400 PPM (100 PPM of that is CalMag). Well rooted plants over 6" and under 12" in height can be fed between 500 to 600 PPM depending on the medium (with 150 PPM of CalMag depending on the strain and medium)... In hydro I stay closer to 600 and in soil I'm closer to 500. Larger and mature plants in veg can generally take 700 PPM depending on the strain with CalMag closer to 200 PPM... There really isn't a need to go much higher with PPM's in veg unless you have some massive trees... Less is more. Don't make huge jumps in PPM greater than 200 between res changes or feedings as the osmotic pressure in the roots can easily be affected. That being said, I believe your 700 PPM mix is too high at this stage... I did read buffbud's post earlier and would respectfully disagree with his recommended PPM's in a hydroton medium... Whereas his amounts make more sense in coco with it's cation exchange capacity... :thinking

Finally, as for nutrients I would stick with GH 3 Part Flora series... It's simple, stable, and has proven results in hydro. I'm not familiar with any powder version except powder Kool Bloom which is a ripening agent near harvest. Mix CalMag into the RO first, then GH Micro, then Grow, and last Bloom.

Hope this helps... Good luck! :cool

Y

Yodas Master

Thanks Shady. Yes the gh 1 part powder maxigro. My partner swears by it. I think im going to try the gh nutes. After all they are made by nasa to grow plants in outer space!!!!
By all means fellows any knowledge that can be all passed on to me, thanks.

D

DreaminBig1207

damn bro thats alot of buckets lol!

My last run was 2 of the 24 site ebb and grows, used them once and they are sitting in a storage now, switched to the UCs.

the buckets are good if your doing a sog setup like you are but about 2 inchs of water sits in the bottom of all those buckets, once your root mass hits the bottom its just going to be sitting in standing water for hours untill you feed again which over time youll most likley see root rot, only way to fix that is by installing a air hose into the bottom of each bucket. but thats alot of work in your case lol.

also need chillers for all of the res or 1 big chiller will help alot.

Cleaning all that hydroton must have been a pain? unless you didnt bother which would suck lol.

Nutes id definatly run house and garden or dutchmaster... i ran gh and house and garden in that system and house and garden was dense as no other and the gh was real airy and they were the same strains.

Those clones will bounce back, no worrys. hope this helps a bit, keep it up!

Y

Yodas Master

Thanks Dreamin Big... If you would have raised your buckets 2inches above the height of the controller bucket it would eliminate that problem. Atleast on my system the bucket runs total dry. I also decided to use perlite on about half of the grow. Hydroton was terriblely dirty and i couldnt get the damn red dust off good enough. No matter what i did it was leaving a residue on the top of the water line of the buckets. Sucks. Hopefully ill be able to get this thing under control and on my way to becoming a master farmer!!!!

NeoMarius

NeoMarius

Sounds like it well in hand. When all is said and done, What you like, and what works for you will always be the best in the end. Glad to see your girls are doing better, and it sounds like your already well on the way.

B

BipolarHiRoller

hey there friend, sending good vibes and energy your way. I know how you feel about people saying negative things, its human to dwell on things i guess. You're doing the smart thing by being stronger than them and persisting with your dreams and goals even with the negativity.

Hope to have a setup like this one day. For now my tent will have to do :P

good luck man, really cant wait to see how much you learn / what i can learn along with you from reading your journal :)

:damnhippie:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom