16 plant MPB , 200amp, 20x32

• Thread starter blackcat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

blackcat

Hey all

I've got an uninsulated 20x32' workshop that is getting 200amps dropped into it. i want to set up a 16 plant MPB grow. never grown trees or hydro indoors before, only ever done flat gardens in soil. doing lots of reading. a 16 plant mpb with 21 or 25 1ks should take up about 20x16 or 20x18 and still allow lots of room to walk around and for ac unit and dehum right?

im basically starting with an empty shop. have to throw up insulated rooms. so im open to any and all room layout suggestions. ideally id like the flowering 21kw mpb room and then an additional 4kw veg room for my outdoor projects, all sealed running co2. we can do this on 200amp because a/c is essentially power-free, we are running cold water rtw thru heat exchangers.

what size water reservoir chiller will i need? is it better to get two small chillers and reservoirs for 8 plants each or get one big one for all 16? thx

B

blackcat

well considering the stream i live on and get water from is draining to waste for the last 20000 years i dont think my chiller is much of a problem

aleYarok

aleYarok

ahh you must be out in the boonies... hehe great idea tapping into the stream. does your house plumbing run off this stream or do u have a separate drinking water system?
can you use those coils and drain to waste instead of a water chiller?
damn that would be sweet only electric used is from lights fans pumps, sweet. u should get an electric generator put in that stream haha

J

JerryCurl

I am doing a 11k 10 plant in a room that is 13X22 and plan on upgrading to 16 plant, or 15 plant and am getting a 3hp chiller to cool 16 water cooled lights, the resevoir, and the co2 generator all on 1 chiller. my friend says he can make it work! do you have select strains going in??

C

crossouttheiis

I am doing a 11k 10 plant in a room that is 13X22 and plan on upgrading to 16 plant, or 15 plant and am getting a 3hp chiller to cool 16 water cooled lights, the resevoir, and the co2 generator all on 1 chiller. my friend says he can make it work! do you have select strains going in??

Sorry about the thread jack....but 3hp is not enough for 16 lights and to chill your res. You are going to be hurting especially after dumping that much into a 3 hp....those things are not cheap. When I talked to hydro innovations they said 1 hp= 12btu. If you are cooling only 15 lights you would need a five ton alone for that. Just don't way to see people get screwed over expensive grow equiptment because I count every penny.

J

JerryCurl

Sorry about the thread jack....but 3hp is not enough for 16 lights and to chill your res. You are going to be hurting especially after dumping that much into a 3 hp....those things are not cheap. When I talked to hydro innovations they said 1 hp= 12btu. If you are cooling only 15 lights you would need a five ton alone for that. Just don't way to see people get screwed over expensive grow equiptment because I count every penny.

Thanks a lot my bud, im thinkin about goin to a 15k/15 plant 2x600 with 5 ton excel A'C for my next round, 1hp chiller all will be dedicated to g13X Hash. these should be the yielders im lookin for! just counting days now lol

C

crossouttheiis

Thanks a lot my bud, im thinkin about goin to a 15k/15 plant 2x600 with 5 ton excel A'C for my next round, 1hp chiller all will be dedicated to g13X Hash. these should be the yielders im lookin for! just counting days now lol

Im saving up for that now as we speak. I cant just toss around nine grand to cool lights when other things are just as important as cooling. I was also thinking of the excel. Does anyone know if you can unplug the lines and plug them back in without adding back more freon since they are quick connects...there should be some sort of valve on them?

Top Bottom