16 weeks of flowering and still going

• Thread starter Dan-E
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dan-E

I have a white widow thats been in flower for over 16 weeks, I've had to move it down stairs as I have 4 young plants under the 400watt light, so I had to put this girl in the bathroom and just hope for the best, is it normal for a white window tom go this long?[IMG]http://img137.invalid.com/img137/6249/dscf0066a.jpg By null at 2010-09-13[/IMG]

http://img842.invalid.com/img842/8712/dscf0057f.jpg

Uploaded with invalid.com

C

casmel

No i dont think that this is normal . It seems that this plant is somekind of monster m its not normal at all , i dont know man get rid of it and get a better pheno . A real white widow should be ready long ago with trichomes on its every leaf and dense buds . So yeah this isnt a correct plant there my young friend . :character0050:

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
No I am pretty sure that is not normal.

Should not take 16 weeks. if it did you should have more flower devlopment than that.

Some strains will not develop flower as well if overfed nitrogen. Or just overfed period, less is more sometimes.

Honestly, That looks like 1-2 week of flower development. Look like they are overfed among possibly other issues. What you been doing to the plant?

I would possibly toss it and start over. Never seen a plant abused for that long come back within a reasonable amount of time.

Just trying to help out, sometime it is hard to do. But sometimes better to start over and learn from your mistakes.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That girl revegged on ya. He whose sled is lead asks the same question I would.

D

Dan-E

I had 4 plants, and this plant looked the strongest and healthiest when they where in the veg state, I took allot of clones from her and put her on 12/12 and maybe thats was sent her a little crazy, not to mention the light leak, the other 3 plants took 10 weeks to finish
I was growing in soil with Ionic bloom nutes, I know Ionic bloom is for hydroponic but they seemed th grow ok

S

scrapiron

You have a major light leak. Your dark period has to be void of any light. That plant is a mess! lol I would mabey trim 50% of all the leaves off, and put it in the veg room for a month..... then try again in a flower room that is actually dark at night. Hope this helps hommie! and good luck on the next run...

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

My experience has been that once they re-veg, they never produce quite as well- quantity OR quality. That's one reason why I never take clones off flowering plants, even if they've only been on 12/12 for a couple days. Once they get 12 hours of darkness, this little switch inside them triggers the plant to focus on reproduction.
Your gal is confused and mutated- see the weird 3-leaflet fan leaves? that's a sure sign of re-veg. You may also see spiraling leaves as well. Check your flowering room for light leaks; they'll do better in uninterrupted total darkness during the 12hr lights-off period.
Also, in my experience, do not rely on green party bulbs in order to work with your gals during the dark period. I know a guy who did, and ruined his whole crop.

D

Dan-E

Thanks for your advice, one more question please, my friend grow his blue moonshine in the attic, no extractor fan, no osculating fan, his plants where spinly he had the light to far away, yet his weed smells great and is very potent, I looked at the trichumes on one of his dried buds and the trichumes are cloudy and clear, no amber trichumes, the trichumes on his buds are the same as my buds but his is much stronger, I let my plants go to long waiting for amber trichumes which I was told would come if I waited for them.

G

gman

i am a first time grower an wud like 2 no iff any 1 kan giv me gudddd tipss n wen 2 take my fan leaves off an wen 2 giv them PK am hand feeding them 10 litres per day ther 1 week in 2 flower 4 plants i have in a grow tent. my babys r lukin fine, wud apreceate the help thanksss

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Thanks for your advice, one more question please, my friend grow his blue moonshine in the attic, no extractor fan, no osculating fan, his plants where spinly he had the light to far away, yet his weed smells great and is very potent, I looked at the trichumes on one of his dried buds and the trichumes are cloudy and clear, no amber trichumes, the trichumes on his buds are the same as my buds but his is much stronger, I let my plants go to long waiting for amber trichumes which I was told would come if I waited for them.
K, what's the question? Sounds like his plants produced some dank in spite of his best efforts, eh? Are you two growing out the same strain? Oh, wait, no, you're not.

S

SSHZ

gman: never remove leave from a plant unless; (1) they are unhealthy, yellowing or diseased. They are little sugar factories that your plant needs for perfect growth. The last 10 days or so you can remove some of the bigger fan leaves so light penetrates deeper down cause the plan doesn't need them much anymore.

Sea: All depends of strain and type of high you're looking for. I typically cut just when I start to see some amber trics, maybe 10-20%. If you want to sleep and for pain, harvest later- maybe 50+% amber. More head high, earlier.

J

Jimson

As soon as I saw 16 weeks in flower - I had to respond.

This happened to me in the latest cycle. The problem was my timer. Not a cheap one but one I'd intentionally extended the lights-on time for the last crop gradually up to 13.5 hours.

This sent my bagseed skunk and Chocolope plants back into a very sickly veg-state. I didn't consider removing any fan leaves, the leaves around the buds went yellow and dropped. The skunk perked back up after only 3 days under 12/12. The Chocs are still coming on at 19 weeks but yield is going to be a fraction of usual.

One last thing - these have been flowering so long I neglected to feed more cal-mag!

S

SSHZ

I grew Dutch Passion Mazar that refused to ever finish. I believe it was caused by growing in Miracle Grow potting mix, which has time release ferts. Too much N in flowering will/can delay the onset and finishing of flowering plants......

P

PuFFnNugg

It is 100% for sure a light leak, that is the first question I would have asked you to diagnose your problem. You gotta make sure your room stays dark, lumens are your enemy at this point. Be especially mindful to block out any sunlight, the sun has like 25 x 10 to the power of 25 initial lumens! Needless to say its still strong by the time it gets to your window. Trash the plant or you can bring it back to a vegative state, might take a while though. Go 24hr light for a couple weeks if its worth while to you, but if you have clones or seed just trash it.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

what iconic nutes are you using? list each one with the ml/gal of feed you're giving of each product. something is way off.

Top Bottom