160 bag ruined on one run

• Thread starter GDub51
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I would first wash with the pure alcohol, but then do rinses with decreasing amounts of alcohol combined with water. Another option might be to soak in oil, like olive oil, which will emulsify everything, then rinse off with heavey soapy water, which should break down the oil. This is how I get my hands clean after a trimming session. Olive oil works great as a emulsifier and doesn't seem to leave the sticky residue that alcohol does when it is washed away.

GDub51

GDub51

Nah I think your thinking of booze alcohol, I mean antiseptic alcohol, the 5 dollar bottles you can get at wally world are more than enough. Fill the bottom of a plastic container like this. & then just use a garden hose to wash the bag after 👍 alcohol breaks it down enough that it should just rinse away.
I'm still using my first bottle of cleaning alcohol, I bought 3 thinking I'd need it but I didnt.
View attachment 987352
I buy 91% iso for about 5 bucks a quart but a new bag is about the same price. Yet I don't want to be filling the dump with big 160 5gallon bags either! If you pour that alcohol out into a large glass baking dish and let it off gas for a few days, you'll get some great oil you can gather with a razor blade. I use this to make the binder for "rocks" flower rolled in oil and then keif.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I would first wash with the pure alcohol, but then do rinses with decreasing amounts of alcohol combined with water. Another option might be to soak in oil, like olive oil, which will emulsify everything, then rinse off with heavey soapy water, which should break down the oil. This is how I get my hands clean after a trimming session. Olive oil works great as a emulsifier and doesn't seem to leave the sticky residue that alcohol does when it is washed away.
Yeah I was thinking if not mineral spirits then mineral oil... I know it does a great job of cleaning up old greasy chains and all sort of stuff. Especially with some agitation to whatever your cleaning

GDub51

GDub51

That is something I've learned with buying higher end bags(not saying your bags are bad at all). Boldt tells you straight up the frenchy bags can be fully submerged in alcohol & they have a two year warranty against bag failure. They were a little pricey but this may end up being a good example of why.

My old set fell apart & left all kinds of bag liner crap in the product... it was a bad time lol.
will do!

Dbear180

Dbear180

Wow! Ok I get that now. I paid like $250 for my 3 bag set so I stay pretty on top of keeping them nice. Did you let the bag sit with the material in there for a while after you were done?

GDub51

GDub51

Wow! Ok I get that now. I paid like $250 for my 3 bag set so I stay pretty on top of keeping them nice. Did you let the bag sit with the material in there for a while after you were done?
NO, since they had warned about leaving it on the stitching, I rinsed with cold water spray right after finishing 30 min. of scrubbing. I've seen bags for a few bucks apiece from China. Who cares about the quality if you're going to toss them after each run. a 160 opening is designated so what else matters? I may try some cheap bags to avoid hours of processing the old.

GDub51

GDub51

Yeah but olive oil is more expensive than a new cheap bag! Somebody should recycle them. I may try this...Do you reclaim the oil? Do you add any oregano or garlic to your olive oil? JUST KIDDING!! Then again maybe not! Result: an infused pasta sauce sounds good!

Dbear180

Dbear180

Yeah but olive oil is more expensive than a new cheap bag! Somebody should recycle them. I may try this...Do you reclaim the oil? Do you add any oregano or garlic to your olive oil? JUST KIDDING!! Then again maybe not! Result: an infused pasta sauce sounds good!

As a kid I watched my dealer take a qp of fire & grind it all together between his hands to make shake over a large stock pot of tomato sauce... idk if he went out to space or the devils house, but I never saw that guy again 🤣😵🥴

Top Bottom