16000 Watt Grow

• Thread starter Growproper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Growproper

Growproper

Hello you all I need some advice on a 16k grow. we are converting a 2 or 3 car garage into a grow. we are a licenced legal collective in NorCal. I'm planning on running 4 rows of 4k with raptor hoods. my question is what size ac would you recommend for this size? we are going to air cool the lights so it will not technically be a sealed room. I was thinking a 36k btu should be sufficient in conjuction with a co2 burner. I'm also thinking about doing 2 8light controllers since I have them opposed to spending 800 on a 16 light controller. we are planning to run 4 per light with a month veg plus topping on a 4 by 8 table. so basically 8 4 by 8 tables with 8 on each of them and 4 on each side basically. I'm thinking the harvest should net us 25 units. what are your thoughts on the AC in conjuction of air cooling the lights? as well as the expected monthly power consumption and overall design.

ChiefnJoeBlo

ChiefnJoeBlo

From my experience you need 3500-4000 btu of ac per air cooled light. In my opinion air cooled lights are for tents or small rooms with heat issues. Open double ended fixtures are proven to increase yield. If your expecting to yield 25 units I'd drop those 16 air cooled hoods down to 10 de gravitas and you'll yield your 25 no problem. Open double ended fixtures need 5000 btu minimum to control heat. I'd run a dedicated 5 ton/60000 btu unit and you'd have total control in a sealed environment.

Growproper

Growproper

I want to buy gavita but I am waiting to buy them after this run I do. I actually want to buy nanolux becuase I have done some research and they seem to perform better. I am currently working with 16 hoods that are a mixture of raptor hoods and a couple of magnum xxl hoods. I have done a 9k grow that was vented and I got away with a 24k btu window ac. I feel that that set up would have been better but I had 3 rows 3 going vertically and the window ac was horizontal so the first 3 lights and a little of the middle was perfect temp.
My thoughts are maybenjoying worse case doing 12k with 3 rows of 4 and venting them out then snatching a 36k btu mini and use that in conjunction with a co2 burner. if I do the full 16k I suppose I can get a 5ton ac just need to find one with a good price. my budget for a mini split is 2k or so.
I plan to do 4-6 per light with the medium of coco in 7 gallon pots and a 1 month veg.
My thoughts on the harvest if I do 12 lights is at least 15+ units and if I do 16 lights 20+ units at the minimum.

Growproper

Growproper

From my experience you need 3500-4000 btu of ac per air cooled light. In my opinion air cooled lights are for tents or small rooms with heat issues. Open double ended fixtures are proven to increase yield. If your expecting to yield 25 units I'd drop those 16 air cooled hoods down to 10 de gravitas and you'll yield your 25 no problem. Open double ended fixtures need 5000 btu minimum to control heat. I'd run a dedicated 5 ton/60000 btu unit and you'd have total control in a sealed environment.

Comment posted above^^

Top Bottom