16k Light Setup Trying To Figure Out Where To Put Inline Fans

• Thread starter frosto186
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Apollo13

Apollo13

The other benefit of chickens is I vent into the coop so I don't need scent control. But I have property so even if it wasnt, nobody would smell it.

Bull Trout

Bull Trout

If you know a HVAC installer/tech, he should be able to help. There are equations they use to compute pressure in the duct system. They will tell you exactly how much air flow you will need for accurate cooling based upon the cuft of reflector and duct and the resistance caused by the duct and reflectors. If you don't know a HVAc tech,l I bet the shop you frequent knows someone.

Also the DE bulbs need to run at an optimum temp for maximum performance. So, in the winter if your running cold air across those bulbs they may not perform.

Good Luck

sixstring

sixstring

the ac/de hood does not cool the lamp,just the hood.the lamp is isolated away from the a/c run going through the reflector.seems silly imo,just hang some gavitas and bump up your a/c and be done with it :)

DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

the ac/de hood does not cool the lamp,just the hood.the lamp is isolated away from the a/c run going through the reflector.seems silly imo,just hang some gavitas and bump up your a/c and be done with it :)

These hoods were designed to wisk away the radiant heat created by the bulb that rises into the hood. The air doesn't pass directly over the lamp like a traditional A/C hood, you're correct. But they do create roughly 25%-30% less load to cool versus a Gavita of the same wattage. These hoods are great for shorter ceilings and people who have air conditioning restraints that want to run DE lamps.

Just my 2c anyway

Top Bottom