18/6 light cycle or 24/7

• Thread starter evu80
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
evu80

evu80

Hey guys

I recently got some new clones for my second run. My first run went fairly well using the standard 18/6 lighting cycle and for this second run, a friend of mine recommended leaving the lights on 24 hours for faster growth.

Its in day 3 and half of my clones have wilted and died and im not sure if its because of the new light cycle im using.

Can anyone with more experience chime in? Id like to know if i'm doing my clones a disfavor by never shutting of the lights.

My clones are fully rooted btw.

K

kes5480

24/7 for me
sorry 2 say but i dont think it was 24/7 that killed em. wat u got em under for a light?

BCrocker

BCrocker

I like 24 hours of light for the first 4-5 days or so, then reduce an hour a day till they are at 18.

Recently I had some Bubba cuts at 24 hours for 1 week.. then put straight into 18hours... they grew about 2" in 2 days right away after they were in 18hrs

Top Shelf

Top Shelf

I do 20/4 just to be rebellious. Plants grow better for me that way.

evu80

evu80

My clones are in a mixture of coco and chunky perlite in small dixie cups. Currently vegging under T-5's with a temp range of 74 to 78 when the lights are on and 65 when the lights are out. I thought the problem was the 24/0 lighting cycle followed by the cold temps when the lights are out. I really want to find out the cause of the problem cause I'd hate to go out and spend more for cuts only to have them die out on me.

on my first run I vegged in 1k MH with great results when I first took my clones home. Any reason not to do it again?

K

kes5480

edit.......i should of read ur post better....i see ur usin a t5

T

TheIronLung317

When using T5 its better to go with 24/7. When I veg under hps. I like to go with 24/7 for about a week with some healthy looking clones with at least 4-6 nodes already growing, then i switch to 18/6 for another three weeks. The reason i do this is because i believe that while i have the clones veging for 24/7 the plants are gathering and storing a lot of light energy. When i switch to 18/6, i allow the plants to use the dark cycle to start stacking foliage and structure at a faster pace.

St3ve

St3ve

I always clone under 24hr and then veg for about two-three weeks under 24hr. Then if I like how things are going drop it to 20/4 for two weeks, then 18/6 for two weeks then flip to 12/12

If you're rooted clones are wilting and dying then you may have the light too close. Small plants don't need much light at all.

Top Bottom