18/6-Total darkness during Veg?

• Thread starter Flow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Flow

Due to the onset of summer and high temps, I'm going to start veging 18/6 to relieve some heat during the hottest part of the day.
My question here is-
Do I need to worry about having total darkness during the veg period like I do during flowereing or can some other light leak in with no ill results? I am set up in a tent and have been leaving the door cracked a bit.
Also does it matter if I switch up 18/6, 20/4, 24/0 during the same veg cycle without stressing my plants. any word or experience on this would be great, thanks.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No, you don't need to worry about it in veg phase. As far as changing up the photoperiod, only thing you need to watch is increasing dark, that may trigger flowering. Decreasing dark period will keep them vegging. I use 20/4 for cuts and vegging moms most often, but for putting them outside it's important to get them matched up to daylight photoperiod wherever they're going or they'll go right into flower.

M

MJPassion

18/6 with light leaks should be OK for veg as long as your plants aren't super sensitive to light changes. Some plants may be stressed due to what would normally be a "lights out" situation and start flowering and or hermie on ya. You can leave the door completely open,allowing the outside light in if it's safe, to reduce any stress on the girls. I have to do something very similar in the summer. ;)

P

PurpleHaze

24/0 makes your veg plants grow faster and especially if you have a clone mother!

Top Bottom