19 DAY GLOOKIE GROW - SEEDLING PROBLEMS - HELP

• Thread starter DLondonGR
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DLondonGR

Hi there Guys

I am a new grower and have some barney Glookie seeds, Basically, its on DAY 19 and plant looks small I think - I have just watered Water at PH 5.6-6.0,

Plant is getting crispy brown ends on the leaves and Today on Day 19 i have noticed that the Plant isn't looking too Healthy, I gave it Cal Mag on Day 10 which i think
was way too early as when by day 15 there was Burn showing on the tip of the leaves, Since then i have only added water but doesn't seem to be improving, If anything getting worse,

I am growing in Coco Soil and added some perlite, I started the Grow in 1 Litre pots which i think was a mistake as i didn't do in small cup and then transplant, But heard you can do straight into the 1l Pot, I haven't added any nutrients yet only some Cal Mag on Day 10 which i fully regret now,

Please help as i don't know if its going to get any better or should i just stop and take it on the Chin that this plant is Ruined. Any way of saving her? HELP

DAY 19 PIC BELOW - AFTER GIVING WATER ON SATURDAY - LOOKS WORSE
19 day glookie grow   seedling problems   help

DAY 16 BELOW BEFORE LAST WATER FEED ON SATURDAY - LOOKED MUCH BETTER

19 day glookie grow   seedling problems   help 2

D

DLondonGR

Hi there Guys

I am a new grower and have some barney Glookie seeds, Basically, its on DAY 19 and plant looks small I think - I have just watered Water at PH 5.6-6.0,

Plant is getting crispy brown ends on the leaves and Today on Day 19 i have noticed that the Plant isn't looking too Healthy, I gave it Cal Mag on Day 10 which i think
was way too early as when by day 15 there was Burn showing on the tip of the leaves, Since then i have only added water but doesn't seem to be improving, If anything getting worse,

I am growing in Coco Soil and added some perlite, I started the Grow in 1 Litre pots which i think was a mistake as i didn't do in small cup and then transplant, But heard you can do straight into the 1l Pot, I haven't added any nutrients yet only some Cal Mag on Day 10 which i fully regret now,

Please help as i don't know if its going to get any better or should i just stop and take it on the Chin that this plant is Ruined. Any way of saving her? HELP

DAY 19 PIC BELOW - AFTER GIVING WATER ON SATURDAY - LOOKS WORSE
View attachment 911522

DAY 16 BELOW BEFORE LAST WATER FEED ON SATURDAY - LOOKED MUCH BETTER

View attachment 911523
HELP HELP HELP

Skidmarx

Skidmarx

Hi D, No.1. You learn shit tons from oroblems so either way it'll help you as a grower.
I think your right its nute burn. Dont worry about your pot size some folk put seeds straight in to enormous pots.
Checking the basics...
What water, tap or RO?
What calmag and how much?
What light and how far from plants.
How you reading your ph? Pen or drops
Got an EC/ppm pen?

If was me I would flush ( several times the volume of the pot such as 3-4 L) with a RO ph'd to 6.0 (che k the run off so you know its not a ph prob) and let it dry out. Put it somewhere slightly warm to accelerate drying.
Some pages say cut off effe ted foliage but you dont have a lot so I'd maybe hold on to them till they are 50% crispy then break the off.

Cannabis Infirmary is good for browsing others with similar probs

Last edited:
D

DLondonGR

Hi D, No.1. You learn shit tons from oroblems so either way it'll help you as a grower.
I think your right its nute burn. Dont worry about your pot size some folk put seeds straight in to enormous pots.
Checking the basics...
What water, tap or RO?
What calmag and how much?
What light and how far from plants.
How you reading your ph? Pen or drops
Got an EC/ppm pen?

If was me I would flush ( several times the volume of the pot such as 3-4 L) with a RO ph'd to 6.0 (che k the run off so you know its not a ph prob) and let it dry out. Put it somewhere slightly warm to accelerate drying.
Some pages say cut off effe ted foliage but you dont have a lot so I'd maybe hold on to them till they are 50% crispy then break the off.

Cannabis Infirmary is good for browsing others with similar probs

Hi There Mate, Hope your good and Many thanks for coming back,

Basically this is my first ever grow so was expecting some Bumps along the way, But bit pissed that its going wrong :(

Basically I first started giving it water from the Tap and then when I got ph Meter I measured the Tap water and was coming in at around 7.5 PH.

On the Second watering I used some Lemon juice to bring the Ph down to around 5.8, I measured a few times and seemed ok, But the major problems seems to have hapoened
after I started feeding the Plant Water with the Lemon Juice to bring the PH Down, So Im wondering ifs this could be the cause??? The lemon juice as I heard it can also Harm plants, So I have ordered some PH Down solution and won't be using lemon ever again to Bring PH Down,

I gave it CAL MAG on day 8 After it Spouted as the leaves were looking very Light green, I gave it at 3ml in 1 litre but only fed the plant 250 ml of that solution with the Cal Mag, I used was. - Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal-Mag Xtra Calcium Magnesium Nutrient!

The light I am using is the - FECiDA Waterproof LED Grow Light, Best Full Spectrum Plant Grow Light for Indoor Plants, 300W CFL & HPS Grow Light

I had the Light around 5 inches from the Plant as it gives off very low heat - I have since moved the Light to around 10 inches,

Im using a PH Pen to read PH Levels,

And no I don't have a EC/PPM pen, should I get one???

also regarding Flushing the Plant, Im a bit concerned as its in a 1litre Pot and the plant looks fragile so if I do this, I am worried it might set mould and kill off completely as the
plant doesn't look strong,

The weird thing is it got Worse after I gave it water On Saturday, And by Monday Looked twice as Bad as it did on Saturday , :(

Please see some pix below,

GROW LIGHT IM USING - IS THIS GOOD ENOUGH?

Screen Shot 2019 11 19 at 153543

PLANT ON SATURDAY BEFORE FEEDING PH 5.8 WATER THAT BEEN USED WITH LEMON JUICE TO BRING PH DOWN

IMG 9946

PLANT ON MONDAY MORNING LOOKING WORSE AFTER GIVING WATER WITH LEMON JUICE THAT WAS USED TO BRING PH DOWN TO 5.8

IMG 0028

Skidmarx

Skidmarx

I have never grown in Coco so I can only give general advice as I need my setup idiot proof so I'm peatmoss/pearlite everytime.

Some people never ph their water but most checks ppms.
Google... tap water pH for your region/city....your tap waters ppm could be as much 175. And that water will defo include calcium and magnesium (amonst others). So they would have gota a double dose when you fed them. I dont know that brand but 3ml/1L sound a lot.
People say only give 1/2 of manufactures doses. When first starting out new strain & new feedi start 1/4 stated dose.

The dark green colour in plants come from nitrogen so maybe they needed a light veg feed not calmag.

Have you had a look in General Indoor Growing ...
Sub folder...
2nd option down is...
Coco coir
When you open that thread and click post...it will post it there so any coco grows would look there rather than General indoor growing

The first couple of post are about deficiency/excess and they're worse than yours. I think you will get a lot more replies if you post this overthere. Just open 2 tabs and copy n paste the main details. I saw the names of some of the repliers and their sensible peeps.
Good luck D soory I cant help more dont wanna give you a bum steer.

Deke

Deke

That COB light is enough for now, but you'll need more soon.

I just read you're at 10" !!! You're way too close. It isn't about the heat YOU can feel. At that age I had my COB's 30" over my seedlings. Raise your light! Look at the manuf. recommended height for this age.

Top Bottom