19 days after 12/12 no buds yet

• Thread starter Comtanton
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Comtanton

so I flipped to flower 19 days ago. No real bud production, only pistols I think it’s stopped stretching now but no bud growth. I’ve only grown autos up until now, this is my first photoperiod so don’t know if this is normal?
anyone know what’s happening?

19 days after 1212 no buds yet
19 days after 1212 no buds yet 2
Brotofsky

Brotofsky

I don’t see pistils in the picture, just new leaf growth. Can you get a shot of stem structure with natural light? Looks nice to me, but doesn’t look like it’s stretched yet. Great canopy coverage.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Hahaha better to be stuck in veg than to have your timer mess up while your in the middle of flower. I did that once, lights would go off twice in the middle of their "day", I got herms galore lol.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Classic hahaha, damn timers man. Good thing you caught it and hey atleast it kept you vegging out. Flip em now bro and get those buds rollin! Looking goo to man.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Turns out I had accidentally flipped a switch on my timer which cause it to be on 24/7 istead of 12/12 for the last 3 weeks. No wonder I haven’t seen any bud production yet 😂
You'll be glad you got 3 more weeks of vegging, you'll have much bigger plants. That'll thicken everything up nicely.

Blazedfish

Blazedfish

Hahaha better to be stuck in veg than to have your timer mess up while your in the middle of flower. I did that once, lights would go off twice in the middle of their "day", I got herms galore lol.
I had Hermie on my first ever run I am basically a nervous wreck now

Dbear180

Dbear180

I had Hermie on my first ever run I am basically a nervous wreck now

Dont worry about it, it happens. I've had perfect girls right next to full blown she-males until I noticed them & cut them out, just a genetic flop in my case. As long as you didn't actually stress this particular plant the f out to cause it, it would probably have happened anyway.

C

Comtanton

This is more what I expected from 3 weeks. 😂 ah well turned out good for me I guess. Just a question. Looking for some new lights any recommendations?

9DF4C844 49B9 4242 9389 0EB57FB3CBBF
Dbear180

Dbear180

This is more what I expected from 3 weeks. 😂 ah well turned out good for me I guess. Just a question. Looking for some new lights any recommendations?

For the particular setup I have now I really like my single end 600s. Tried & tested to work well.
Ushio opti red hps bulbs for bloom, hps opti blue conversion bulbs for veg, in hydrofarm hammerhead hoods (about 4x5 footprint) with phantom ballasts remotely mounted outside the grow rooms.

All this stuff has gone down in price exponentially from where it used to be years ago with all the new grow tech that has come out. Granted it's not the most efficient option but dialed in you can pull 1-1.5lb per light.

I've seen good stuff with led here on the farm I just havent gone down that road. To be honest I'll try cmh before led. Just fits my particular style of growing better. I grow 5-7 ft bushes so I need deep light penetration.

Budget will always be your biggest determining factor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom