1gallon Smart Pot

• Thread starter tinderthumbs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

so I wanted to see how big I could go in a 1g sp bc every one always talking about bigger is better and all that and I wanted a lil fun so as in the pics u can see how she did could of went longer but ran out of room for test plants so had to pull her kind of sad but had to do it

think from this I am going to look more in to the coco sp seem to work great

and super sorry and the burry last pics super super super shity I messed up the pics after all the time I took to grow her

so what u peoples think??

1gallon smart pot
1gallon smart pot 2
1gallon smart pot 3
1gallon smart pot 4
Onetwothree

Onetwothree

so I wanted to see how big I could go in a 1g sp bc every one always talking about bigger is better and all that and I wanted a lil fun so as in the pics u can see how she did could of went longer but ran out of room for test plants so had to pull her kind of sad but had to do it

think from this I am going to look more in to the coco sp seem to work great

and super sorry and the burry last pics super super super shity I messed up the pics after all the time I took to grow her

so what u peoples think??
Nice! What was your final dry weight?

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

You did good..bigger is not always better... its really about how well your roots are workin... you can use a 100 gallon pot and screw up the roots and the plant will suffer.

for sure I see people all the time talking about needing 20gallon pots to get any where

so I did this to see about my 3 gallon SP I been using hard plastic pots for some time now and not seeing what id like out of them

also been using 3 gallon cloth SP and been loving them not had a plant get root lock in I cant even remember any more

iKharon

iKharon

With bigger pots, the key is to water the edges to promote a wider, branching, root growth. If you saturate at the base of the plant, you will end up with a funky long, twisted rootball.. just from my experience, and many others, water/feed at the edges all the way around. This will also help with your plants symmetry and even spacing up top :)

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

With bigger pots, the key is to water the edges to promote a wider, branching, root growth. If you saturate at the base of the plant, you will end up with a funky long, twisted rootball.. just from my experience, and many others, water/feed at the edges all the way around. This will also help with your plants symmetry and even spacing up top :)
I've noticed a lot of uneven development in my clone crop. This is why I think it's happening. I see the more established plants have a much more fully developed root ball. Will be adding hydroton to my containers..... thinking that pure coco will also give me more even penitraton or absorption of the nutrient solution.

Top Bottom