1k Coco Dtw 4x4

• Thread starter Falafel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Falafel

Falafel

Here’s some pics from this morning before bedtime. I started giving just water and enzymes until I chop this weekend. The trichs are cloudy with amber and swelling is slowing down.. The smell has gotten pretty intense too.. I can smell that shit from the street and it’s in the garage.

B52AAB9B 3A11 4674 8D5A F676F11C0505
A2191C06 C8D3 48DE 887B AE2F4917BEC2
0727FA16 7966 476A A54C B6D26405581E
58B48B18 8111 4FC5 AC85 FE23A855BD47
45C70735 47EE 4FE3 9411 7B3EF9620C83
Falafel

Falafel

I scored a peanut butter breath bagseed! That will make its way in here in the near future. I’m hoping to score some purple punch as well. Anyways, I’ll have some harvest and bud pics up very soon. And since this is a pool of collective knowledge, I’ll post about what I’ve learned from this grow. Things I did right, things I did wrong, and things I failed to account for in the planning stages.... which was a lot this go around lol Being in college and around people who conduct research for a living makes me want to treat my grows like that. I’m just gunna follow the scientific method like my professors would.

Falafel

Falafel

Here are some update pics. Like 80% of it's still on the drying rack but it should be good to jar up by this weekend. Classes started back up and I got lazy with pictures. Didn't take to many individual plant shots. I learned a shit ton just from this round alone though.. I can't wait to set up for the next cycle.

7518871088 IMG 1029
7518871088 IMG 1033
7518871088 IMG 1034
7518871088 IMG 1037
IMG 0448
IMG 0786
IMG 3391
IMG 3742
Falafel

Falafel

Harvest time for these plants started at like day 56 and I finished trimming the last plant by like day 62 or something like that. I didn't have time to trim it all at once so I just shut the water and lights off at day 56 and kept them in the dark until they were all done. The most important thing I learned about growing multiple plants is to stop giving a shit about red stems. I'm starting to see a relation with pot size, root density, and feed frequency. In 1 gallons I feed 1x/day for 7 days.. I started seeing red stems after that so fed 2x/day.. I ended up feeding 4x/day and they still wanted more. As for the last 2 clones to go in... they got potted 1 week before 12/12 and I can tell they weren't root bound by the flip. They had the healthiest looking stems throughout the stretch, however they didn't pack on weight nearly as fast as the root bound cuts. I ran into some problems that I would like to address for my own sake in regards to growing on tables in a tent.
-Light intensity: changes nutrient demand; lowering feed EC helped
-Temp/RH: cold temps = lower P uptake and higher RH; Had to add a space heater temporarily.
-Water: pH and ppm were high (tap water); had to add lots of pH down. Still pondering what to do about this.
-Table: prone to algae build up; enzyme komplete helped got a new table for next round.
-Reservoir: White slime around the pump; enzyme complete really helped here. I'll add an airstone next round.

That's all I can think of right now for updates but I'll keep the pictures coming as they finish drying.

bicky studs

bicky studs

Harvest time for these plants started at like day 56 and I finished trimming the last plant by like day 62 or something like that. I didn't have time to trim it all at once so I just shut the water and lights off at day 56 and kept them in the dark until they were all done. The most important thing I learned about growing multiple plants is to stop giving a shit about red stems. I'm starting to see a relation with pot size, root density, and feed frequency. In 1 gallons I feed 1x/day for 7 days.. I started seeing red stems after that so fed 2x/day.. I ended up feeding 4x/day and they still wanted more. As for the last 2 clones to go in... they got potted 1 week before 12/12 and I can tell they weren't root bound by the flip. They had the healthiest looking stems throughout the stretch, however they didn't pack on weight nearly as fast as the root bound cuts. I ran into some problems that I would like to address for my own sake in regards to growing on tables in a tent.
-Light intensity: changes nutrient demand; lowering feed EC helped
-Temp/RH: cold temps = lower P uptake and higher RH; Had to add a space heater temporarily.
-Water: pH and ppm were high (tap water); had to add lots of pH down. Still pondering what to do about this.
-Table: prone to algae build up; enzyme komplete helped got a new table for next round.
-Reservoir: White slime around the pump; enzyme complete really helped here. I'll add an airstone next round.

That's all I can think of right now for updates but I'll keep the pictures coming as they finish drying.
maybe look at a ro unit..
i only got advised against air stones in dtw, only messes with ph n coco has enough air.
the slime is probably ph +/- battling ur tap ph. i had the same with tap water. my res is stable as with the ro n no slimy stuff.

nice run m8, enjoy the fruits:cool:

Falafel

Falafel

maybe look at a ro unit..
i only got advised against air stones in dtw, only messes with ph n coco has enough air.
the slime is probably ph +/- battling ur tap ph. i had the same with tap water. my res is stable as with the ro n no slimy stuff.

nice run m8, enjoy the fruits:cool:
I can't do an ro unit but I could stock up on 5 gal jugs of glacier water. What size reservoir do you use? Yeah I definitely feel like the tap water is holding back the plants. And thanks! I’m definitely happy with these buds.

bicky studs

bicky studs

I can't do an ro unit but I could stock up on 5 gal jugs of glacier water. What size reservoir do you use? Yeah I definitely feel like the tap water is holding back the plants. And thanks! I’m definitely happy with these buds.
im makin 75l atm they hold 125.
my new flood res 100l
ro units are pretty cheap...worth thier weight in gold. i only just got 1 n id never go back. so much guessing specialy with seasonal water...

Falafel

Falafel

Nice, I’ll probably just rock a 15 gal res. I could buy one but access to the grow tent is the issue... at least for now. Usually our tap hovers around 8 ph but this winter it’s been around 10 ph.

Falafel

Falafel

Everything went well this round. Yield was low but that’s what I was expecting. Got a little under 10 oz. Gunna start rebuilding tomorrow or Monday. I’m gunna use RO water instead of tap this round and I might use a screen. Next up is SFV OG Kush.

Falafel

Falafel

So the plans changed. I got delayed because of a few exams. In the meantime almost half of my og clones didnt root. I’m just gunna flower one of my mom plants with a 5-7 gal pot and make a new mother plant. I’m definitely gunna use ro water this time. I’m debating though, if I should stick to synthetic nutrients or try something like earth juice with recharge a few times a week for the microbes.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

So the plans changed. I got delayed because of a few exams. In the meantime almost half of my og clones didnt root. I’m just gunna flower one of my mom plants with a 5-7 gal pot and make a new mother plant. I’m definitely gunna use ro water this time. I’m debating though, if I should stick to synthetic nutrients or try something like earth juice with recharge a few times a week for the microbes.

Bummer about the clones, but flowering out a big girl is just as fun. I haven't tried earthjuice, but I do run Recharge once a week for my synthetic garden. Try it and see how you like it. If you are going to run a single plant scrog that bish out. Full canopy then flip and you'll get a nice yield.

Falafel

Falafel

Bummer about the clones, but flowering out a big girl is just as fun. I haven't tried earthjuice, but I do run Recharge once a week for my synthetic garden. Try it and see how you like it. If you are going to run a single plant scrog that bish out. Full canopy then flip and you'll get a nice yield.
Thanks man, I was pretty bummed but im looking foward to a nice little 4x4 tree now. I think I might give earth juice a go. Have you seen any noticeable improvements using the recharge? I have some coming in the mail today. And for sure, I’m gunna do exactly that. I’ll let it fill up the 4x4, clean up the bottom and then flip.

Falafel

Falafel

Well yesterday I fucked up and was unprepared for transplanting the mendobreath. Long story short... she's in a 15 gallon smart pot with soil. What I thought was a 5 gallon pot because it said #5 on the bottom was only like a 3 gallon. Dumb, but next time I won't be unprepared. Anyways, since this thread is dedicated to coco, I'm gunna throw the SFV in some coco and flower it with the mendo so I can see whats up with it.

IMG 5059
Falafel

Falafel

I’m gunna post update pictures soon. This cycle got messed up but I plan to continue on with my coco set up after this cycle. I kept the sfv in her 5 gallon smart pot and put her in the flower tent with mendo. I’m gunna take cuts off of both today and flip the lights tomorrow. Over the weekend I picked up a clone from the dispensary they called mendo ghost. Its super og leaning which got me excited so I sprouted a Tahoe og for shits and gigs. So pretty much I’m just gunna grow og’s from now on because last night I saw a strain called French Bread by Archive seeds. It’s paris og x face off og bx1. I couldn't resist. Besides my dude hasn't had any og in stock for over a year... it's terrible.

Top Bottom