1k HPS BULB, (most bang for buck?)

• Thread starter Confuten1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Quick question boys n girls, I need the most cost effective 1k bulb for my quantum digi ballast. Not the cheapest, Im looking for good lum and good cost. I have 2 other ballast running the hortilux super blue(dual arc) but at 200$ per blub I cant afford during the holidays. My wife thinks i shit money and she wiped me and my stash out lol.

Btw, i remember someone metioning a low cost bulb that is right up their in lum output and overall performance, but i searched threads and couldnt find it.

Confu...

F

f1ydave

Get a dual-arc off ebay. I bought a 6 pack for $37 each with 110k Lumens

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Thnx F1, unfortunatly ebay is not an option due to time constraints. What brand did u buy?
Confu...

F

f1ydave

I bought this one in a 6 pack @ $37 each with shipping. Here is the a single on ebay.

P

Ptone

C.A.P. 1000W Digilux HPS Bulb has a very good specturm. Its 2700k which is much more balanced than a 2100k like most other hps bulbs.
you can find them online for $90 but hydrostores i immagine $100-120

S

simos

Ushio bulbs are considered by many to be the most reliable with digital ballasts FWIW.

sedate

sedate

Dual-Arcs are designed to be run from HPS-spec ballasts.

So no, you do not need a switchable ballast to operate them.

have 2 other ballast running the hortilux super blue(dual arc) but at 200$ per blub I cant afford during the holidays

Right. The vendor that f1ydave linked to is trusted by members here - this is probably your best "bang-for-buck" option.

Standard HPS bulbs are all about the same, IMHO.

P

paulycali

Grab a Digilux or Sun Master bulb. Preferably the CAP Digilux Bulb. You wont be dissapointed. Good luck and have a merry christmas

J

jack_ripa

I wonder about this as well. I love the dual arcs but the range in price is mind blowing. From 67 to $240. There has to be a quality difference between the off brand and Hortilux right?

K

kinzla34

you might be thinking of an induction system. A 400 watt easily replaces a 750 watt HPS and a metal halide so there is less stress on the plant from a transition.

K

kinzla34

I didn't see anything on that site re PAR spectral data so it looks like they concentrate more on the visible wavelengths.

There are a few other sites where the bi-spectrum grow lamps can be found;

http://enviro-techlighting.com

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
C.A.P. 1000W Digilux HPS Bulb has a very good specturm. Its 2700k which is much more balanced than a 2100k like most other hps bulbs.
you can find them online for $90 but hydrostores i immagine $100-120

thnx dude, thats what i ended up going with, came highly recomended from my hydro guy( gives solid info and great prices 100$ out the door for the bulb)

if peeps are ever in so cal, east LA county look up House of Hydroponics, ask for Carl, tell him i sent u.

Confu...

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Grab a Digilux or Sun Master bulb. Preferably the CAP Digilux Bulb. You wont be dissapointed. Good luck and have a merry christmas

thnx bro went with the dugilux bulb.
confu

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
I wonder about this as well. I love the dual arcs but the range in price is mind blowing. From 67 to $240. There has to be a quality difference between the off brand and Hortilux right?

JR, im a firm beliveru get what u pay for, with that being said i have never ran sisde by side with expensive/cheap bulbs.
Confu...

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Not trying to crap on anybody, but any u guys reccomending bulbs actually done a side by side comparison. The only reason I ask us because I've been running the hortilux super hps 1000's for at least 12 yrs. Tried the solarmax yrs back when they came out but there was no comparison so I went back to the horti's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom