1st attempt at making QWISO HASH OIL

• Thread starter emanresu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
emanresu

emanresu

I am about to attempt it. It's not the ideal setup. I improvised a strainer with a spray bottle and a nursery pot i cut the bottom out of. So, I could fit all the trim and around 5grams of bud in it. It should all fit once it's wet, well I hope so anyway. I put that in a funnel that I cut some of it off to make sure it would fit in my container. Then a coffee filter under that that goes into my jar. Going to use the containers in the pictures to put the stuff in to evaporate. Should scrape off pretty easy on those. Got my fan to hep evaporate it. My alcohol and trim/bud mix are in the freezer should be ready in a few more hours. I'm pretty excited lol. Wish me luck. 😁 I'll put the finished product up here no matter how bad it turns out. 😜
1st attempt at making qwiso hash oil

Z

Zill

Good luck. You don’t think any residue from those rags bottles can get extracted with the ETOH and flavor the end product? Rinse really throughly with ETOH first.

ETOH will suck water out of the air. If you dry with a fan and it seems really hard to dryness - it’s water.

emanresu

emanresu

Good luck. You don’t think any residue from those rags bottles can get extracted with the ETOH and flavor the end product? Rinse really throughly with ETOH first.

ETOH will suck water out of the air. If you dry with a fan and it seems really hard to dryness - it’s water.
I scrubbed the ragu bottles 4 times before this. they should probably be ok. I will give them a rinse with the alcohol first though. That's a good idea and won't hurt anything to do it anyway. the plastic bottles probably will affect the taste a little. I considered that. I'm ok with it though. I'm not too worried about getting it all perfect this time. I just want to get the process done once so I can learn how to really do it. Next time I'll focus more on quality. This more of a trial run.

L

Lee72

I am about to attempt it. It's not the ideal setup. I improvised a strainer with a spray bottle and a nursery pot i cut the bottom out of. So, I could fit all the trim and around 5grams of bud in it. It should all fit once it's wet, well I hope so anyway. I put that in a funnel that I cut some of it off to make sure it would fit in my container. Then a coffee filter under that that goes into my jar. Going to use the containers in the pictures to put the stuff in to evaporate. Should scrape off pretty easy on those. Got my fan to hep evaporate it. My alcohol and trim/bud mix are in the freezer should be ready in a few more hours. I'm pretty excited lol. Wish me luck. 😁 I'll put the finished product up here no matter how bad it turns out. 😜
View attachment 2151590
Hi , like it . Got to start somewhere.

emanresu

emanresu

Well, I was wrong. It doesn't all fit in my improvised strainer 😞. It's going to have to do though. lol
IMG 20240416 065948042

Tincandtoke

Tincandtoke

Well, I was wrong. It doesn't all fit in my improvised strainer 😞. It's going to have to do though. lol
View attachment 2151597
All you need is the metal strainer and the coffee filter
Rinse the jars and remove labels
Wash off all residue from glues and adhesives
Get a decent size glass jar with a lid and put the material in it for your ethanol wash
I pour the alcohol through the filter and hold back the material for a second wash which will grab more cannabinoid

IMG 20240124 141809

emanresu

emanresu

I'm going to do it right next time. I just used what I had laying around. Need a better strainer next time for sure and bigger mouthed jars. the one I made doesn't work to well and not to big on using plastic stuff for this.. The metal one I have was just way too big and wouldn't work. But like I said just a trial run for the experience and have a bit of fun so I'm not taking it that seriously this time. This weekend I am doing it for real at my buddies' house with actual bud not trim and the proper equipment. I wanted to get one under my belt before I did it there with him. The Everclear work better than 99% iso? How much more you get with that instead of the 99% iso?

Tincandtoke

Tincandtoke

I'm going to do it right next time. I just used what I had laying around. Need a better strainer next time for sure and bigger mouthed jars. the one I made doesn't work to well and not to big on using plastic stuff for this.. The metal one I have was just way too big and wouldn't work. But like I said just a trial run for the experience and have a bit of fun so I'm not taking it that seriously this time. This weekend I am doing it for real at my buddies' house with actual bud not trim and the proper equipment. I wanted to get one under my belt before I did it there with him. The Everclear work better than 99% iso? How much more you get with that instead of the 99% iso?

The efficiency of different solvents is up for debate
Both work well
Some people have issues with iso for edibles but in trace amounts it may not be enough to be a problem
Be sure to purge as much of the iso out as you possibly can

If you are making oil for vaping then a vacuum oven is needed to purge the iso

The green is normal
All the chlorophyll, lipids and waxes
I clean that stuff up using a carbon scrub to get the taste out

emanresu

emanresu

Both work well
Some people have issues with iso for edibles but in trace amounts it may not be enough to be a problem

The green is normal
explain carbon scrub please.
Both work well

The green is normal
I'm just letting it evaporate on its own. Was going to wate untill tomorow to even try to use it. To make sure the alcohol is out of it. I was either going to dab it or just put it on a blunt and smoke it like that. Should i be heating it like in the video? Will it make it better in the end? Explain what a carbon scrub is please.

Tincandtoke

Tincandtoke

IMG 20231119 174412
IMG 20231119 175046
IMG 20231119 175055
IMG 20231119 175059

Carbon scrubbing is the act of putting Activated Charcoal (carbon) into your tincture
Agitate for 5 minutes then run it through a Buchner funnel
The Buchner has a glass filter which I put a slow flow paper filter on top of and then form a "puck" with Celite 545
This is for people who do not like the "plant" taste

Z

Zill

Eman,

Carbon scrub - tin is prolly referring to an activated carbon filter. I guess he passes his final extract to remove unwanted chlorophyll, waxes, etc. enormous surface area.

emanresu

emanresu

View attachment 2151772View attachment 2151773View attachment 2151774View attachment 2151775

Carbon scrubbing is the act of putting Activated Charcoal (carbon) into your tincture
Agitate for 5 minutes then run it through a Buchner funnel
The Buchner has a glass filter which I put a slow flow paper filter on top of and then form a "puck" with Celite 545
This is for people who do not like the "plant" taste
I have activated charcoal for my fish tank filters. I could have done this. :( I will definitely do it next time. Thanks for the info.

emanresu

emanresu

It's either working or something has gone horribly wrong. 😄 Looks pretty gross at the moment.

IMG 20240416 125538279

Tincandtoke

Tincandtoke

It's either working or something has gone horribly wrong. 😄 Looks pretty gross at the moment.

View attachment 2151778

Never did an air evaporation
Everything looks good
May want to stir and reconstitute the tincture and get all the goodies together and move it to a smaller receptacle for easier oil collection
I use silicon cupcake liners

IMG 20240124 154452

A cheap beaker set is a good investment also

Boro can handle the solvents, heat and cold

emanresu

emanresu

Ended up with a lot of plant matter in it. It's pretty dang good though. I can't believe I have been asleep on this stuff all these years. Can't wait to do it again but do it right. If it's this good when I was just messing around. It's going to be awesome when I do it right.
I heated most of it back up, broke up some bud and mixed it all together. Been smoking on that most of the day. I saved a little bit to dab once I get something to dab it with.
Not pretty but it definitely gets the job done.
IMG 20240417 215920310

Dab

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
If you get a chance and can dig it up, check out this. I think you’re over complicating it. But your results look tolerable! Way to go! Sorry, but I don’t know how to link stuff!
IMG 3118

Top Bottom