1st Coco Grow Not Going Well. Lil Help Please

• Thread starter CALI FARMER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CALI FARMER

Hello Farmers, this Is my 1st coco grow and I’m sure I’m wrecking it. I found a seed of Wedding cake in some flower I bought. My favorite strain at the moment. So I decided to give coco a try. I usually grow in rockwool chunks. The plant is about 20 days old. 5-6” tall on its 3rd set of leaves. I’m using Canna Coco, RO water, and for nutes I’m using Veg+Bloom tap/hard & life. Starting water is 0.0ec I add 2ml calmag ec goes to 0.4ec then I add v+b @0.4g & 0.1 of life ec goes to 0.8ec Ph @5.6 that’s what I been feeding it so far. The run off was @0.9ec [email protected]. temp has been in the mid 70s RH @55-65%
You can see the poor plant is suffering, the leaves are not developing the way they should. I don’t know if I’m over watering or if there’s not enough oxygen getting to the roots. Or is it because I’m using V+B tap/hard. Should I switch to the HD formula? I’m letting it dry out till it’s not so heavy. 1 watering about every 6-7days. Please help me figure this out before I yank her and put her in rockwool.
I really would like to make it a mother in coco. Please any help would be great..

1st coco grow not going well lil help please
1st coco grow not going well lil help please 2
1st coco grow not going well lil help please 3
C

CALI FARMER

It’s only about 20 days in. I’m not sure a bigger pot would help with what’s going on here. I could put her in a 3 gallon pot to see what happens, thanks harvest man4.

Madbud

Madbud

Agree with harvestman about needing space. Could be the light too

B

BlkHoosier

It ain't nothing let it grow. Sometime cutting s end up this way too

C

CALI FARMER

Might as well move her to her new home. 3 gallon pot, straight Canna coco. I’ll hand feed .25 straight nutrients @0.8ec 400ppm. [email protected]
I'm going to go out on a limb here. Since the seed was from a self pollinated flower that was likely pollinated from a nanner, it's probably just a little bit genetically retarded.
Lol. I like that. Thanks

whitebob

whitebob

yep keep her going, ive got some bubba cuts doing this at the mo, just keep an eye on new growth for signs of normal leaves. get you ph up to 5.8 minimum, and dont worry about reading runoff either it wont give an accurate account of whats going on inside, just water til runoff consistently and you should be all gravy bud.

C

CALI FARMER

yep keep her going, ive got some bubba cuts doing this at the mo, just keep an eye on new growth for signs of normal leaves. get you ph up to 5.8 minimum, and dont worry about reading runoff either it wont give an accurate account of whats going on inside, just water til runoff consistently and you should be all gravy bud.
Yeah for sure I’ll keep a eye out for new growth. I try to keep my [email protected] in rockwool. So in coco a ph of 5.8 is also considered the sweet spot?
What should I be doing different with coco that is different from rockwool?
For instance do I need to feed with every watering? Add more calmag, and flush more often than rockwool?
Do I need to add anything else to my coco to keep the roots healthy?
Thanks

3 balls

3 balls

I run coco and V&B 3ml CM, 4g RO soft and .2g Life throughout veg. Always feed coco, only flush at the end IMO. Before long somebody will chime in telling you to water 25 times a day LOL, if you have nothing better to do go ahead, but the rule is NEVER let your coco dry out which is determined by pot size, environment and stage of life. IMO waiting for them to feel light is pushing it.

whitebob

whitebob

Yeah for sure I’ll keep a eye out for new growth. I try to keep my [email protected] in rockwool. So in coco a ph of 5.8 is also considered the sweet spot?
What should I be doing different with coco that is different from rockwool?
For instance do I need to feed with every watering? Add more calmag, and flush more often than rockwool?
Do I need to add anything else to my coco to keep the roots healthy?
Thanks
i have only ever done coco. always feed even during flush. just the tiniest amount helps draw out the crap you dont want at the end. so i flush with an ec of .4 for about a week in coco. ph of 5.8 to 6.2 is spot on. cal mag is optional unless your using ro water then you will have to add.
if your uk based check these nutrients out Intense Nutrients. i know the guy who makes it and he used to work for one of the big nutrient companies and got fed up with them putting in just enough good stuff in the bottles so they could put it on the label.
now he makes his own with all the good stuff in no scrimping.. since ive been using it my plants have been healthiest they have ever been and yielding more than before.
and yes never let you coco dry out completely but this comes with a warning that you can still overwater in coco. watch the plants i sometimes miss a day as long as i feel they wont be bone dry by the next watering. my rule is ( in fabric pots ) if they have wet feet i dont feed, damp feet yes i do.. its all about keeping a moist medium not saturated. hope that helps somewhat!

C

CALI FARMER

I run coco and V&B 3ml CM, 4g RO soft and .2g Life throughout veg. Always feed coco, only flush at the end IMO. Before long somebody will chime in telling you to water 25 times a day LOL, if you have nothing better to do go ahead, but the rule is NEVER let your coco dry out which is determined by pot size, environment and stage of life. IMO waiting for them to feel light is pushing it.
Whats up 3 balls how’s it going. What EC or ppm do you get when you mix nutrients stated above? Cuz thats about what I feed my girls in rockwool. So basically coco is treated pretty much the same as rockwool when it comes to watering and drying cycles.
Yeah I’ll probably water 75x a day to make sure she stays nice n wet lol. No I’m watering 1x a week or so at the moment. Thanks bro

C

CALI FARMER

i have only ever done coco. always feed even during flush. just the tiniest amount helps draw out the crap you dont want at the end. so i flush with an ec of .4 for about a week in coco. ph of 5.8 to 6.2 is spot on. cal mag is optional unless your using ro water then you will have to add.
if your uk based check these nutrients out Intense Nutrients. i know the guy who makes it and he used to work for one of the big nutrient companies and got fed up with them putting in just enough good stuff in the bottles so they could put it on the label.
now he makes his own with all the good stuff in no scrimping.. since ive been using it my plants have been healthiest they have ever been and yielding more than before.
and yes never let you coco dry out completely but this comes with a warning that you can still overwater in coco. watch the plants i sometimes miss a day as long as i feel they wont be bone dry by the next watering. my rule is ( in fabric pots ) if they have wet feet i dont feed, damp feet yes i do.. its all about keeping a moist medium not saturated. hope that helps somewhat!
When you say to feed even during flush 0.4 Is that at the end? are you flushing during vegging? What EC or ppm do you feed at during veg? Thanks

3 balls

3 balls

Whats up 3 balls how’s it going. What EC or ppm do you get when you mix nutrients stated above? Cuz thats about what I feed my girls in rockwool. So basically coco is treated pretty much the same as rockwool when it comes to watering and drying cycles.
Yeah I’ll probably water 75x a day to make sure she stays nice n wet lol. No I’m watering 1x a week or so at the moment. Thanks bro
While I think the water/feed many times a day fans are more just bragging about their automated systems, like I said before, you should never let it dry out as you would the soil cycle and they do benefit from the O in H2O.
Although I've never looked into the difference in make up, it seems like you should be using the RO Soft opposed to the Dirty.
I don't even check PPM anymore since I got the recipe from the master @thunderfudge It works great.
Nov 29, 2018 #7

thunderfudge Breeder
@3balls I'll give u the recipe bro
from day 1 of bloom
Base 6g per gal
LIFE .2g per gal
3 ml cal mag per gal
Add SHINE at day 10 ,1g per gal
You should be around 1250 ppms
Day 35
BASE 3g per gal
SHINE 2g per gal
LIFE .2g per gal
CAL MAG 3 ml per gal
That's about 800 poms
Day 42
SHINE 1g per gal
Day 49
Water
That's an 8 week schedule.for 10 weekers I extend the 1-34 feed until day 48.
What to expect ? Alot of stretch the 1st 2 weeks,huge roots,and the need for almost daily feedings.The later flower thing would be how explosive that shine is when the base it cut.

Veg is...
BASE 4g per gallon
LIFE .2g per gallon
CAL MAG 2-3 ml per gallon

whitebob

whitebob

When you say to feed even during flush 0.4 Is that at the end? are you flushing during vegging? What EC or ppm do you feed at during veg? Thanks
hey bud yep o.4 is my flush at the end.. veg mostly about 1.2 ec and flower sometimes i push to 1.6 but not if i can help it.

Abba

Abba

I would think it might just be a bit weird bc it’s a germ. But with coco in early stages especially u want to give it a good dry down and that may help it snap out of whatever It’s going through
Hello Farmers, this Is my 1st coco grow and I’m sure I’m wrecking it. I found a seed of Wedding cake in some flower I bought. My favorite strain at the moment. So I decided to give coco a try. I usually grow in rockwool chunks. The plant is about 20 days old. 5-6” tall on its 3rd set of leaves. I’m using Canna Coco, RO water, and for nutes I’m using Veg+Bloom tap/hard & life. Starting water is 0.0ec I add 2ml calmag ec goes to 0.4ec then I add v+b @0.4g & 0.1 of life ec goes to 0.8ec Ph @5.6 that’s what I been feeding it so far. The run off was @0.9ec [email protected]. temp has been in the mid 70s RH @55-65%
You can see the poor plant is suffering, the leaves are not developing the way they should. I don’t know if I’m over watering or if there’s not enough oxygen getting to the roots. Or is it because I’m using V+B tap/hard. Should I switch to the HD formula? I’m letting it dry out till it’s not so heavy. 1 watering about every 6-7days. Please help me figure this out before I yank her and put her in rockwool.
I really would like to make it a mother in coco. Please any help would be great..
While I think the water/feed many times a day fans are more just bragging about their automated systems, like I said before, you should never let it dry out as you would the soil cycle and they do benefit from the O in H2O.
Although I've never looked into the difference in make up, it seems like you should be using the RO Soft opposed to the Dirty.
I don't even check PPM anymore since I got the recipe from the master @thunderfudge It works great.
Nov 29, 2018 #7

thunderfudge Breeder
@3balls I'll give u the recipe bro
from day 1 of bloom
Base 6g per gal
LIFE .2g per gal
3 ml cal mag per gal
Add SHINE at day 10 ,1g per gal
You should be around 1250 ppms
Day 35
BASE 3g per gal
SHINE 2g per gal
LIFE .2g per gal
CAL MAG 3 ml per gal
That's about 800 poms
Day 42
SHINE 1g per gal
Day 49
Water
That's an 8 week schedule.for 10 weekers I extend the 1-34 feed until day 48.
What to expect ? Alot of stretch the 1st 2 weeks,huge roots,and the need for almost daily feedings.The later flower thing would be how explosive that shine is when the base it cut.

Veg is...
BASE 4g per gallon
LIFE .2g per gallon
CAL MAG 2-3 ml per gallon

K

Kot

It's not from the size of the container. Most probably bad genes. I would toss it. How can you think to create mother of this bad looking plant?

Top Bottom