1st DWC grow status check at 19 days

• Thread starter Hman2853
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hman2853

Hman2853

Lowest fan leaves are looking a bit rough. Roots slightly, slightly brown but I think thats from my nutrients. No slime. Normal? Looking good overall? Any feedback would be great as this is my first grow and I'm happy to have gotten this far.

Hydro Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? seed - white widow auto
2. How old are your plants? - 19 days
3. How tall are your plants? - 4 inches
4. What type of hydro system are you using? - DWC 5 gallon with drip ring and air stone
5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using? Advanced Nutrients grow micro and bloom, also using hydroguard, radix, and voodoo juice. feeding every 1/2 strength except hydroguard.
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution? rising daily to about 6, trying to keep it 5.5-57
7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water? using RO so 7
8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution? 700
9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution? 73F
10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check? rise of about 50 daily
11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check? rise
12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? yes with OG biowar foliar spray, only done that once and it was yesterday.
13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") HLG 65 v2 4k for veg.
14. How close are your lights to the plants? 12 inches
15. What size is your grow space in square feet? 37.8 sq ft. (33x33x62 inches)
16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? 75F constant and 65RH constant for now.
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? no.
18. How much experience do you have growing? first time

1st dwc grow status check at 19 days
1st dwc grow status check at 19 days 2
1st dwc grow status check at 19 days 3
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

New growth looks good. I would remove the leaves on the bottom resting on the buckets as they won't be able to respire properly I would add some cal mag if using RO water (this will become more important as the plant grows but I would start now) and might raise the lights a bit. Download light meter app on your phone and shoot for 10000 lumens and increase 10000 a week in increments unless you see issues

Raise your day temps to 80f because your lights don't provide IR warming of the leaves so 80f should get you close to the ideal leaf temps of 75f. Night time temps of 70f if you can it will help that indica leaner stretch out a bit.

Humidity looks good.

Add a fan for a gentle indirect breeze.

Do you have a ppm meter? Or going off charts?

Hman2853

Hman2853

I removed those leaves, raised the temp to 80f, will add some cal mag. I've got an oscillating fan in there.

PPM is at 700 and rose about 100 since i changed rez two days ago. I'm feeding based off advanced nutrients calculator.

What is a good app on iphone to measure lumens? all of the ones I've found are measuring in lux? 10,000 lumens is right for now? thanks for the help.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I removed those leaves, raised the temp to 80f, will add some cal mag. I've got an oscillating fan in there.

PPM is at 700 and rose about 100 since i changed rez two days ago. I'm feeding based off advanced nutrients calculator.

What is a good app on iphone to measure lumens? all of the ones I've found are measuring in lux? 10,000 lumens is right for now? thanks for the help.
It's called "light meter" my mobile tools dev is the developer.

Add back missing water daily. That way you can see how much your plants are eating each day. It's hard to tell if you are only taking readings before adding water back because it only shows how much water vs nutrients it's taking up.

If you add back the missing volume of water each day and then test you can see exactly how many ppms they are eating. Then you can use that to see how hungry they are or if you are having issues and they are slowing down on feeding

Hman2853

Hman2853

Thanks. And just to be clear, I want to have the app reading 10,000 LUX at the canopy, right? Looks like I'm getting about 1,000 lux there right now with the HLG 65 at 13 inches above canopy. even with iphone directly under light its only reading 4,000 lux or so.

I have an hlg100 for flowering that I will switch when the time is right.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks. And just to be clear, I want to have the app reading 10,000 LUX at the canopy, right? Looks like I'm getting about 1,000 lux there right now with the HLG 65 at 13 inches above canopy. even with iphone directly under light its only reading 4,000 lux or so.

I have an hlg100 for flowering that I will switch when the time is right.
Then your good. You might wanna think about more lighting especially in flower. And yes at the canopy.

Hman2853

Hman2853

Alright checking back in. We are at day 72... most trichomes appear to be milky, maybe 15-20% are still clear. Wondering how much longer I should go...

Thanks!

IMG 2647
IMG 2646
IMG 2645
Top Bottom