1st grow => 1st harvest. Does this look ok?

• Thread starter Toscano
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Toscano

Toscano

Hi everyone!

Spent the most part of this weekend harvesting and trimming (boy, wet trimming is looooong work, even with good tools!).

I just harvested around 80% from each plant (set of 4). Let the remaining 20% of smaller lower growths there for a week more, maybe they'll get some extra girth.
Got a whole bunch of trimmings that I'll probably use to make some edibles too.

Wet weight was around at 430 grams / ~15 ounces for each plant. Guessing dry weight will be around a 1/3 of that?
I've put them in the drying net in a different (dark) room, picked three pieces of bud at random (one big, one medium and one small) and I'm weighting them twice a day. When the "weight loss" starts slowing down, I'll put the buds in jars for curing.
But maybe there's a better way to find out when to jar them?

Do these look good to you?
It's four feminized White Widows.

1st grow  1st harvest does this look ok

Should I jar them now, or leave them in the drying room for a couple more days?

1st grow  1st harvest does this look ok 2
1st grow  1st harvest does this look ok 3

1st grow  1st harvest does this look ok 4

Billymgb

Billymgb

how long have they been drying. I hang mine and after 7 days or so, I put them in a paper bag for 2 days then in the jars. I always have a small humidity gauge in jar and keep a eye on em.

Toscano

Toscano

how long have they been drying. I hang mine and after 7 days or so, I put them in a paper bag for 2 days then in the jars. I always have a small humidity gauge in jar and keep a eye on em.

Isn't 7 days a bit excessive?
I was under the impression you'd have to let them dry for about a week if they were cut and hanged wet like you say.

But I spent all weekend wet-trimming them, so they're more airy and drying quicker.

But I guess a few more days in the dark in a dry room won't make a difference.

steamroller

steamroller

Since you wet trimmed I would paper bag them when you sense dryness. It will be a few days, not 7-10 like those who hang larger parts of the plant to dry.
Removing the fans and stems will greatly shorten your dry and control of it.
I like mini hygrometers for my paper bags and jars.
Nice buds! đź‘Ť
What is the environment you are drying in?
60f /60RH is a good range.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Hi everyone!

Spent the most part of this weekend harvesting and trimming (boy, wet trimming is looooong work, even with good tools!).

I just harvested around 80% from each plant (set of 4). Let the remaining 20% of smaller lower growths there for a week more, maybe they'll get some extra girth.
Got a whole bunch of trimmings that I'll probably use to make some edibles too.

Wet weight was around at 430 grams / ~15 ounces for each plant. Guessing dry weight will be around a 1/3 of that?
I've put them in the drying net in a different (dark) room, picked three pieces of bud at random (one big, one medium and one small) and I'm weighting them twice a day. When the "weight loss" starts slowing down, I'll put the buds in jars for curing.
But maybe there's a better way to find out when to jar them?

Do these look good to you?
It's four feminized White Widows.

View attachment 1322621

Should I jar them now, or leave them in the drying room for a couple more days?

View attachment 1322622View attachment 1322624
View attachment 1322625
Not 1/3. More like 20%

Latest posts

Top Bottom