1st grow about to harvest

• Thread starter thatguy2001
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thatguy2001

thatguy2001

Hello all,
I have been reading these forums for a while and decided to start my own grow diary even though I'm nearing harvest (round 2 coming up soon). After losing my job last year and having a forest fire take most of our rural area but missing our home, we decided to take advantage of no longer having close neighbors and do our own medical grow. We don't get good sun here, so we started with a 4x8 tent, but I quickly decided to make use of an old woodshed and rebuilt it into an 8x16 grow room.
I am using LED lights for veg and flower.

• Enlite Ceres 780 (1 in veg tent, 2 in flower room)
  • Growers Choice roi-e680 (Flower)
  • Growers Choice roi-e720 (Flower)
  • Each pulls the stated number in watts, if not a little more
  • Portable 12k AC (WiFi controlled)
  • Portable heater (WiFi controlled)
  • 8" CAN exhaust (controlled by InkBird controller)
  • 3 gallon humidifier (controlled by InkBird controller)

• Purple Punch (2 different genomes from different sources)
  • Triple Chocolate
  • Punch Breath
  • MAC

• One PP in 5 gallon pot, the rest are in 10 gallons.
  • using super soil based on Coot's recipe
  • Feeding with Roots organics dry amendments
  • 4 plants under each light
My whole first grow started off by getting two spotted spider mites right when I was getting close to switching to flower. Since my partner works in the industry and we didn't want to take chances, rather than toss everything, I cut it all down to stalks with four small branches each, and only kept the stalks. After treatment, these stayed in a garage quarantine for about two months, with me not really caring if they lived or died, until I was ready to rehabilitate them. They are currently in my veg tent with others and doing quite well.

The real troubles started when we had our first insect invasion in the area. I had my new flowers going and was suddenly infested with root aphids. This caused a lot of stress on the plants, and I'm sure I would have ended with better results without them, but I decided to just do my best to limit them and finish the run. Rove beetles, predator mites, and Beauveria bassiana cut down the numbers drastically though.

The Purple Punch and Punch Breath are both coming down this week, and I have to move the MAC and Triple Chocolate into the tent to make room for the veg plants to get into flower.

Sorry about the lights on in the photos - these were just taken for my own reference. I'll try to get in and take good pics tonight.
Security camera view April 8 - flipping to flower
Security 4

Triple Chocolate May 18​
Triple chocolate 05

Purple Punch May 18​
1st grow about to harvest 4

Same Triple Chocolate May 18​
1st grow about to harvest 5

MAC May 18​
1st grow about to harvest 7

Punch Breath May 18​
1st grow about to harvest 8

Veg tent nearly a month ago - overgrown already.
I did pull the sickly one and have it going strong again in my clone area where I can give it attention.​
1st grow about to harvest 9

1st grow about to harvest 3
1st grow about to harvest 6
thatguy2001

thatguy2001

Looks great bro on my first grow as well!
Thanks Staple. My yield is going to be much lower than I should have gotten, but I know where I went wrong before and I'm constantly making adjustments. I figure after my third run, I'll be a bit more dialed in.
First change I'm doing (since I have the space and power) is going to 20 gallon pots. Those will fit two to a cart, 4 under each light, perfectly. Also going to use fabric pots with a layer of sand on the top to keep the RA from crawling in or out.

Staple_1

Staple_1

Nah bro any successful first grow is great I’ve been seeing so many diaries where individuals can’t maintain healthy plants and it seems you’ve done exactly that be proud! Plus if you’re trying to (donate) the weed to others I get yeild for sure but sometimes getting that quality shit might be worth it too I’ve been debating that myself for as I have completely crammed my tent for yield 🤣

thatguy2001

thatguy2001

Nah bro any successful first grow is great I’ve been seeing so many diaries where individuals can’t maintain healthy plants and it seems you’ve done exactly that be proud! Plus if you’re trying to (donate) the weed to others I get yeild for sure but sometimes getting that quality shit might be worth it too I’ve been debating that myself for as I have completely crammed my tent for yield 🤣
I'm all about the yield - It cost a lot of money to get this set up and if I'm only going for quality, the net cost per ounce will be way too high for me. Don't get me wrong, I want quality, but I know these plants could have done better. I did have a hard time keeping them healthy due to the RA and a sudden change in weather that made me have to switch to lights on at night in order to keep the flower room below 100°. - I have since been able to maintain 82°/72° and about 50% rh since then though. It uses much less power to do that too, I just have to be on the ball with getting in there to check them first thing in the morning and ready to do maintenance late in the evening.

As for the stuff in veg, I've been doing a slow grow on it all, very little nutes, just water. Some of those plants are 5 months old, just waiting on their turn to get into the flower room. I'm keeping them on the smaller size until I get them into the flower room, where they will have 2 weeks to grow into their massive pots and get ready to bloom. I just have to keep reminding myself NOT to get more clones whenever I go to town.

thatguy2001

thatguy2001

MAC - Day 63 - 8-15 days left?
Massive amounts of trichomes on these. They smell like basil, or pesto to me - I always pick a leaf to get the scent on my hand when I'm in there :P
20210609 073942

20210609 073951

Triple Chocolate - Day 63 - ??? days left - The colors are changing beautifully, but it's just replacing pistols as fast as they can grow.
20210609 073935

20210607 205047

20210609 202154

Punch Breath - Day 63 - Harvest in 2 days
The calyx haven't swelled like I expected, but we are not getting much new flower and the trichomes are starting to change - mostly milky with a few amber. They have a very pungent odor like an aged cheese.
20210609 073922

20210607 205214

Purple Punch - Day 63 - Harvest in two days.
These guys really had a hard time with the root aphids. It hurt their intake and mostly gave up on staying alive overnight. I have run them one week over to get the trichomes to change. and they are ready now. They are giving off some great fruity terps. The one in the back is more ready than the front, but I don't want to be pulling one plant at a time, so they're both coming down.
20210609 073916

20210609 073859

20210609 202311
20210609 202302
20210609 202227
20210609 202217
20210609 202204
thatguy2001

thatguy2001

I managed to do the 1/2 harvest without a hitch. The others were moved to a 4x8 tent with a 4x4 780w LED and dehumidifier. Since I am expecting them to push for another 2 weeks at minimum, I have them a late flower nute mix top dressing, all Roots Organics:
Uprise Foundation
Terp Tea Bloom
Super Phos Bat Guano
Elemental
Essential Earth
Big Worm

They had been on a water diet for two weeks, but I now know that I should have been trying to feed them still. I just kept seeing signs that they may be getting close, but they kept surprising me. I'm hoping they bulk up in the tent while my next crop is vegging in the flower room.

thatguy2001

thatguy2001

For my main 4 strains, each had 2x4 space, sharing a 4x4 light. Each of them yielded about 190 grams 😟. I know I could have done better and am working on techniques now.

I'm pretty sure that I'm only doing MACs and Triple Chocolate in the next round. The quality of those turned out to be quite high end. All of my friends want more.

Mugwort

Mugwort

Hello all,
I have been reading these forums for a while and decided to start my own grow diary even though I'm nearing harvest (round 2 coming up soon). After losing my job last year and having a forest fire take most of our rural area but missing our home, we decided to take advantage of no longer having close neighbors and do our own medical grow. We don't get good sun here, so we started with a 4x8 tent, but I quickly decided to make use of an old woodshed and rebuilt it into an 8x16 grow room.

• Triple Chocolate
  • Punch Breath
  • MAC

My whole first grow started off by getting two spotted spider mites right when I was getting close to switching to flower. Since my partner works in the industry and we didn't want to take chances, rather than toss everything, I cut it all down to stalks with four small branches each, and only kept the stalks. After treatment, these stayed in a garage quarantine for about two months, with me not really caring if they lived or died, until I was ready to rehabilitate them. They are currently in my veg tent with others and doing quite well.

The real troubles started when we had our first insect invasion in the area. I had my new flowers going and was suddenly infested with root aphids. This caused a lot of stress on the plants, and I'm sure I would have ended with better results without them, but I decided to just do my best to limit them and finish the run. Rove beetles, predator mites, and Beauveria bassiana cut down the numbers drastically though.

The Purple Punch and Punch Breath are both coming down this week, and I have to move the MAC and Triple Chocolate into the tent to make room for the veg plants to get into flower.

Sorry about the lights on in the photos - these were just taken for my own reference. I'll try to get in and take good pics tonight.
View attachment 1134186

Triple Chocolate May 18​
View attachment 1134194

Purple Punch May 18​
View attachment 1134196

View attachment 1134197

MAC May 18​
View attachment 1134199

Punch Breath May 18​
View attachment 1134208

I did pull the sickly one and have it going strong again in my clone area where I can give it attention.​
View attachment 1134209
This is your FIRST grow? Wow! Is this typical for you when you endeavor into a new hobby?
Hello all,

• Triple Chocolate
  • Punch Breath
  • MAC

View attachment 1134186

Triple Chocolate May 18​
View attachment 1134194

Purple Punch May 18​
View attachment 1134196

View attachment 1134197

MAC May 18​
View attachment 1134199

Punch Breath May 18​
View attachment 1134208

View attachment 1134209
This is FIRST grow? Wow! I grew a plant in my closet on the fly for my first. That’s really impressive! What’s even more impressive to me is the pre-planning and thought that went in to starting a new hobby! Talk about not getting your feet wet first!

JTShakes

JTShakes

For my main 4 strains, each had 2x4 space, sharing a 4x4 light. Each of them yielded about 190 grams 😟. I know I could have done better and am working on techniques now.
Sad face? Not worthy of the sad face! You did a good job and those buds look great! Not every harvest will be perfect, but every harvest is worth it. Best of luck on your future grows.

Top Bottom