1st grow about to harvest

• Thread starter thatguy2001
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thatguy2001

thatguy2001

I want that purple punch strain maneee
Purple punch was actually the first one in the video. I wasn't able to bring it the people in it. The triple chocolate was next, followed by the Mac. Those last two really were gorgeous.

thatguy2001

thatguy2001

This is your FIRST grow? Wow! Is this typical for you when you endeavor into a new hobby?

This is FIRST grow? Wow! I grew a plant in my closet on the fly for my first. Thatā€™s really impressive! Whatā€™s even more impressive to me is the pre-planning and thought that went in to starting a new hobby! Talk about not getting your feet wet first!
Yeah, I have a bad habit of going overboard when starting a new project šŸ˜‹. I'm planning on getting a license to be a grower for medical since I could grow for several of my friends. That's why I built the space. Since I had the space, I might as well get lights to fill it. Since I have all these great lights, I really need to be sure I have all of the best equipment to protect the investment. LOL.
As long as the wife doesn't figure out how much money it cost, is all good.

Thanks for all the positive reinforcement!

thatguy2001

thatguy2001

Remarkable...if my first two grows are like The babies you didnt throw out with The bathwater...
Good stuff, congrats on your garden, gardener.
Thank you. With the first grow I was lucky to have some very good genetics.

My current run is turning out to be quite the crapshoot. Some are looking great, some not so much. While it's been quite the experiment running 10 strains at once this time, i would never do it again. Unless I was looking for all new genetics. The batch is going to be 50/50 good/bad. Trying to nute plants with extremely different needs is more work than it's worth.

As it is, however, I managed to get three triple chocolate stems to reveg, so I've been taking clones of them. Next run will be a beautiful room of sticky, purple buds šŸ˜. I had tried to clone all of the first run, but I had issues and lost every one until the success with the reveging.

I'm the next run, I am also going to let them veg in their forever pots (25 gallon) longer so I can establish a strong root system and nute program prior to the flip.
Below is my favor appearance plant right now. Blood Orange Tangie. The calyx are people from the start.
20210810 210808

twiztidcrypt

twiztidcrypt

Yeah, I have a bad habit of going overboard when starting a new project šŸ˜‹. I'm planning on getting a license to be a grower for medical since I could grow for several of my friends. That's why I built the space. Since I had the space, I might as well get lights to fill it. Since I have all these great lights, I really need to be sure I have all of the best equipment to protect the investment. LOL.
As long as the wife doesn't figure out how much money it cost, is all good.

Thanks for all the positive reinforcement!
Ouch? The wife dont know the bill?

Mugwort

Mugwort

Thank you. With the first grow I was lucky to have some very good genetics.

My current run is turning out to be quite the crapshoot. Some are looking great, some not so much. While it's been quite the experiment running 10 strains at once this time, i would never do it again. Unless I was looking for all new genetics. The batch is going to be 50/50 good/bad. Trying to nute plants with extremely different needs is more work than it's worth.

As it is, however, I managed to get three triple chocolate stems to reveg, so I've been taking clones of them. Next run will be a beautiful room of sticky, purple buds šŸ˜. I had tried to clone all of the first run, but I had issues and lost every one until the success with the reveging.

I'm the next run, I am also going to let them veg in their forever pots (25 gallon) longer so I can establish a strong root system and nute program prior to the flip.
Below is my favor appearance plant right now. Blood Orange Tangie. The calyx are people from the start.
View attachment 1156490
Hey Guy...Are you using CO2? People that do usually pay attention to their lighting. I just purchased another ViparSpectra xs-2000 led light for my 4ā€™x4ā€™ tent. The manualā€™s PPFD table says at 18ā€ and 100% brightness PPFD is 830 mm/sq m/sec at center. If this value is known for one light do you know how to calculate PPFD if a second identical light is added so that I donā€™t scorch my canopy?

thatguy2001

thatguy2001

Hey Guy...Are you using CO2? People that do usually pay attention to their lighting. I just purchased another ViparSpectra xs-2000 led light for my 4ā€™x4ā€™ tent. The manualā€™s PPFD table says at 18ā€ and 100% brightness PPFD is 830 mm/sq m/sec at center. If this value is known for one light do you know how to calculate PPFD if a second identical light is added so that I donā€™t scorch my canopy?View attachment 1158226
I do not use co2. I know that using it will allow you to have higher temperatures, but I'm more concerned with LED light burn than temperatures. My lights are on at night, allowing me to exhaust warm air and intake cool air when they are on.
As for adding another light, I think the temperature is all you need to be concerned with. Since they are side by side rather than stacked, your useable light will still be the same under each light, but you can cover more area (3*6 rather than 3*3). There may be some overlap if useable light, but really only in the face away zones.
I'm running 4 4x4 LED setups ranging from 680 to 780 watts each. I keep them all about 20-30ā€ above the canopy to prevent any burn, although I could probably go a lot closer.

Top Bottom