1st grow and in need of help!!!

• Thread starter Lovethegreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lovethegreen

Lovethegreen

Hi everyone, I’m in need of help, this girl isn’t happy. Just started 4th week in flower with this Purple Haze. Growing in soil, using a Spider Farms 2000 at about 85%. Using General Organics nuts. I watered Sat night with 3/8 tsp/gal. The watering before that I did a worm tea with 1cup castings, 1/4 cup molasses, 1 tsp seaweed extract, and right before watering I mixed in 4ml CalMag. I am watering enough to get some runoff. Any advice is appreciated!

1st grow and in need of help
1st grow and in need of help 2
TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Buy a nute regimen made for cannabis and follow the instructions on the bottle. Add 5ml of calmag every feeding with your other nutrients.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
that can be a couple things, let’s start with your watering practices, are you letting dry a bit before watering? explain how you do it and how often.

Lovethegreen

Lovethegreen

Buy a nute regimen made for cannabis and follow the instructions on the bottle. Add 5ml of calmag every feeding with your other nutrients.

I had a typo, I use General Hydrophonics nutes which is for cannabis. I just use it at 1/4 strength. But I will definitely start using CalMag every feeding. I have a feeling that this is the problem.

Lovethegreen

Lovethegreen

and let’s see a pic from above the canopy

So generally I water and then don’t water the next 2 days, sometimes 3 days if soil is still moist. I do let it get a bit dry, and I try to read the plant and see the leaves slightly start to slouch. After watering, she usually perks right up. I will send a pic of the canopy later tonight or tomorrow. Let me know your thoughts on my water schedule please!

Topnug209

Topnug209

Hi, what’s your ph going in and coming out.
Hi everyone, I’m in need of help, this girl isn’t happy. Just started 4th week in flower with this Purple Haze. Growing in soil, using a Spider Farms 2000 at about 85%. Using General Organics nuts. I watered Sat night with 3/8 tsp/gal. The watering before that I did a worm tea with 1cup castings, 1/4 cup molasses, 1 tsp seaweed extract, and right before watering I mixed in 4ml CalMag. I am watering enough to get some runoff. Any advice is appreciated!

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

You should be following the instructions on the bottle for a plant that big. 1/4 strength isn't enough

You start with 1/4. Then you move up to 1/2 as you move along week 3 of veg or so. Its easier to add less nutes than to have to flush and flush to fix the problem. Gradually introduce more nutes from 1/4 to 1/2.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

I've been using gh flora for over a decade and I use full strength from the get go. The instructions on the side of the bottle are for cannabis. If you use 1/4strength on big flowering plants you're gonna get deficiencies...

Lovethegreen

Lovethegreen

I've been using gh flora for over a decade and I use full strength from the get go. The instructions on the side of the bottle are for cannabis. If you use 1/4strength on big flowering plants you're gonna get deficiencies...

So the reason for the 1/4 strength is bc that’s what the store recommended since it’s for hydroponics and I am growing in soil. I did increase a bit last watering, and will continue to do so gradually. Thanks

Lovethegreen

Lovethegreen

You start with 1/4. Then you move up to 1/2 as you move along week 3 of veg or so. Its easier to add less nutes than to have to flush and flush to fix the problem. Gradually introduce more nutes from 1/4 to 1/2.

Ya, I should have been increasing during veg, honestly don’t know what hell I was thinking. Thank you

Lovethegreen

Lovethegreen

and let’s see a pic from above the canopy

So here is a pic of the canopy, and yes, I know....I have a lot to learn. I been watching a lot of videos on LST, that’s my plan for my next grow.

5C9C1C20 6893 4420 AA94 9F2EAA1BC32D
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
all good, pistils look healthy and vibrant..
by looking at the photo is she a little light in colour? to you?

Lovethegreen

Lovethegreen

all good, pistils look healthy and vibrant..
by looking at the photo is she a little light in colour? to you?

Yes, she has lightened up in color, you are 100% correct. I did a foliage spray of 5ml/gal of CalMag last night. What is your thoughts on the light color?

Porky1982

Porky1982

The plant is N hungry as it’s used it all from the soil and now it’s taking it from the leaves.
Why the fuck would you use cal mag every water in soil that will just cause massive problems.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

The plant is N hungry as it’s used it all from the soil and now it’s taking it from the leaves.
Why the fuck would you use cal mag every water in soil that will just cause massive problems.
I wonder if that may depend on other factors cuz I use gh flora trio plus calmag, I give them higher than recommended dose of each, every feeding and my plants seem to love it. Just my experience anyway

Lovethegreen

Lovethegreen

I don’t use it with every watering, but that’s what some are recommending, thinking it’s low on magnesium possibly. Many people say they use it every watering, I have been using it every other, and here I am with some sort of problem. Makes sense about the N tho, will have to remedy that problem. Thanks for the input.

Top Bottom