1st grow. Been lurking for about a month...

• Thread starter lbl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

lbl

Ive learned alot from various forums. This is my first post. I have 6 cfls, 6500 daylight burning on 4 seedlings. my grow space is roughly 2x2 with about 2 1/2 depth. Having a hard time figuring out how to cover my tent as my cords are hanging thru top. If half of top of my time tent isnt covered, I losing too many lumens?? All my lights have reflectors aiming at my babies

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Welcome to the farm!

The issue isn't losing lumens, it's going to come when it's time to flower the plants out. When that time comes, you'll want to make sure there are no light leaks allowing light IN, not out.

L

lbl

Welcome to the farm!

The issue isn't losing lumens, it's going to come when it's time to flower the plants out. When that time comes, you'll want to make sure there are no light leaks allowing light IN, not out.
Ah ok. So im not losing lumens now? Im running an 18/6 light schedule now. But during the 6 hours darknesd its not pitch black. Its dark but not completely. Is this a problem now or only when its time to flower?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
When it's time to flower it may become a problem, especially if you're growing out bagseed. A white sheet will reflect some of that light back in for you, too. :) Or! emergency blanket, it's made of Mylar and it's cheap.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

WELCOME To DA Farm
Aint she cool, SeaMaiden, even the name is authoritatively large and in the Dank.....
DO SOME REA DIN bro lots lots lots lol its all for the fun when things go well trust me on the read part. . . . . . .
lots to learn here on the farm check on anything with DJ short, Seamaiden, Capulator, and Bozo there are a ton more but them be the place to get the knowledge from to start
YES get them babies covered well
At wall mart in the place where they sell clothes baskets and hangers look For the closet organizer its stands like a portable closet then you can cover with black plastic securely cheap... or get a small online order grow tent cheap insurance that is for your benefit as well as light blocker for your project grow greenies.
Sending the Vibes
Fly J

Reactions: lbl
L

lbl

WELCOME To DA Farm
Aint she cool, SeaMaiden, even the name is authoritatively large and in the Dank.....
DO SOME REA DIN bro lots lots lots lol its all for the fun when things go well trust me on the read part. . . . . . .
lots to learn here on the farm check on anything with DJ short, Seamaiden, Capulator, and Bozo there are a ton more but them be the place to get the knowledge from to start
YES get them babies covered well
At wall mart in the place where they sell clothes baskets and hangers look For the closet organizer its stands like a portable closet then you can cover with black plastic securely cheap... or get a small online order grow tent cheap insurance that is for your benefit as well as light blocker for your project grow greenies.
Sending the Vibes
Fly J
Dude, read more this past month then I have in a long time. Come a long way and im daily amazed at all of the intricacies involved in a quality grow. Im a landscaper by trade do kno my way around a plant but this is something else entirely. Im thoroughly enjoying it. After a couple successful harvests ill invest in some quality seeds

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Sounds great brow will be on your side all the way
share what I know
when I can
what I can.
j
Because every One should be green......
Good Vibes
FlyJ

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Dude, read more this past month then I have in a long time. Come a long way and im daily amazed at all of the intricacies involved in a quality grow. Im a landscaper by trade do kno my way around a plant but this is something else entirely. Im thoroughly enjoying it. After a couple successful harvests ill invest in some quality seeds
Oh damn, you're gonna have either a HELL of a time or a blast picking out from our stock here.

L

lbl

Oh damn, you're gonna have either a HELL of a time or a blast picking out from our stock here.
Yea ill probably end up asking u for suggestions. Based on what im using in my grow about how long should I let plants veg, or what size should I allow first? 12 inches?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I would not let them get too big, 2'x2' is a very small space and if you're not careful you'll end up with it jam packed full of plant.

L

lbl

This is the biggest one with a few not far behind. My space now isnt an issue as I have my home to myself. Ill be making my grow box on fri. But I want to flower fairly early since its my first grow. I want to learn to manage a small flower before I invest too heavily. So what size is safe to start flowering? I read that my plant will roughly double in size while flowering. That true?

20140731 101641
L

lbl

I would not let them get too big, 2'x2' is a very small space and if you're not careful you'll end up with it jam packed full of plant.
I only made my space so smalk bc I thought the smaller the space, the more lumens my plants would receive. Is that accurate or is it only how close my cfls are that determines their efficiency?

canadaseed

canadaseed

This is the biggest one with a few not far behind. My space now isnt an issue as I have my home to myself. Ill be making my grow box on fri. But I want to flower fairly early since its my first grow. I want to learn to manage a small flower before I invest too heavily. So what size is safe to start flowering? I read that my plant will roughly double in size while flowering. That true?

i think the air is too dry in your grow room your plant is drying up. Mist it with a spray bottle a few times a day or try to get the humidity up in there, might even try putting a small plastic dome over the seedling after watering. CFL lights can be placed close to the plant... i use them for veg work fine fore me. For a flowering light i would recommend something like. this http://www.homedepot.com/p/ViaVolt-...-White-Grow-Light-V150/203288965?N=5yc1vZc9h4

As far as your growing space, I find 4x4 to be a nice manageable size to grow in. also depends how many plants you have

Depending on your canopy spacing, plants placed too close together that don't get good air flow will run into moisture issues and that can lead to powder mildew/rot... that stuff shows up one morning out of the blue no warning and can wipe out your whole crop.

I find 3-5 hours after lights on if your fan leafs have water droplets where the leafs over lap (dark hot spots) condensation forms. This is GOOD. it means your moisture levels are right. you DONT want that moisture build up staying around all day tho that means it's a bit too moist in your room (even the fans aren't drying the moisture out). If at ANY time you have water droplets/condensation forming on the bottom of leaves this is a bad sign. BTW all this come at post week 2-3. right now your plant is just a seedling don't need to worry about what i mentioned but when it's got 4-5 nodes, watch humidity levels.

Your plants stretch during flower is all gonna depend on genetics, nutrients, growing conditions, light cycle, growing methods. If you have a heavy sativa leaner your plant is gonna be quite tall. if you have a heavy indica you'll have a shorter plant, generally. Hybrids vary in size. I would consider topping your plant(s) and feeding organic nutes using a K.I.S.S approach.

All the best

Last edited:
Reactions: lbl
Top Bottom