1st Grow Cfl 10 Days

• Thread starter Jg1021
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Theassbandit

Theassbandit

What I ment was most cfls if they say 40, multiply it by .27

So my 570 fake watts (570 X .27 = 153) real watts and the second I put in my 400 watt ballast my plants in veg really took off. Js

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I would agree. When I used cfl the watts they say and actual watts are typically 27%. Calculate actual watt, those "40 watt" probably com in around 16 actual watts. I had 570 cf l watts that totaled 172 actual watts and growth was soooo slow.

Keep in mind I was already flowering my big ones and just trying to sustain veg room until I got a second HID balast.

As growers we are master of creativity... It will do, just jack a few more bulbs. Its what must be done, until next grow.
Yea cfl seem easy and cheap but if you do the math on what you really need, it's cheaper and easier to just go hps. Believe me since I started back up in the last year it's been a tight budget. I started with 2 60w actual wattage cfl and watch my plant get blown away by my buddy running a mirror grow other then the lighting. I was worried about heat and money for ventilation so I ended up with a 12bulb 4' t5. 650w. It vegges better then any other light source I've ever used, but still had heat issue and have to open the tent when light is on. Plus the t5 was $175 and the 2 60w cfl were $10 apiece. Well after a couple grows and not being happy with yield under 650w of t5 I spent $85 dollars on a 600w hps. Now I'm back to growing the way I should but could have saved a bunch of cash and had allot more weed. Just my recent experience brother. Hope it helps you.

J

Jg1021

Yeah I plan on upgrading if my grow works. But with this being my 1st I didn't want to invest alot. Thanks for all the input guys. I will keep posting pics and asking advice.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Yea cfl seem easy and cheap but if you do the math on what you really need, it's cheaper and easier to just go hps. Believe me since I started back up in the last year it's been a tight budget. I started with 2 60w actual wattage cfl and watch my plant get blown away by my buddy running a mirror grow other then the lighting. I was worried about heat and money for ventilation so I ended up with a 12bulb 4' t5. 650w. It vegges better then any other light source I've ever used, but still had heat issue and have to open the tent when light is on. Plus the t5 was $175 and the 2 60w cfl were $10 apiece. Well after a couple grows and not being happy with yield under 650w of t5 I spent $85 dollars on a 600w hps. Now I'm back to growing the way I should but could have saved a bunch of cash and had allot more weed. Just my recent experience brother. Hope it helps you.

I agree that just investing in correct equipment up front will save you money and frustration in the long run, but cost more right away. Your yield and quality will be higher for sure. Paying for itself quickly.

While starting with cheap stuff gets you started now. But you spend more money in the long run reinvesting on replacing already purchased items. While your grows don't live up to their full potential. Losing you more.

Theassbandit

Theassbandit

After I get a few grows under I'm gonna drop like 6 zips so that I can afford the spyder LED 600. Cuz my bills are like 300. After 1 grow with this bad boy it will have paid for itself.

Plus the gram per watt ratio is fckn 1.5 because it used 30% less energy with the equivalent yield... According to these tests.

Theassbandit

Theassbandit

Anyone have rios on taming their sativas. Organic and inorganic methods nshit

AgujitaP.R

AgujitaP.R

This is my first time growing i have a 2×2×4 tent with 2 30 watts cfl and 2 25 watts cfl equivalent to 550 watts for 3 plants any tips would be very helpful thank you

20170720 081525

Latest posts

Top Bottom