1st Grow, Confused And Eager.

• Thread starter StrayaGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

StrayaGrow

Hello everyone.

This is my first grow. I was wondering if i could get a pointer of 50 In my grow.
I am growing atm 1 triple cheese from barneys farm autoflowering feminized, In a 400mm diameter pot using potting mix and coco coir. In a cabinet with reflective film covering the walls. (Making next set up tonight with coco perlite and real nutrients from a hydro shop, the whole nutrifield range. But leaving this girl in this setup.) I use some nutrients i got from the local hardware stores gardening section. (1 Carp(fish) based, 1 kelp based and 1 high in nitrogen.)
I use 3x 135w 5500K CFL each put out 5600 Lumens and 1x 20w LED flood light. 20 hours on and 4 hours off, with a fan on 24 hours.

I F.I.Med at 3 nodes high, then tops sprouted everywhere. It grew another 2 nodes vertical when i topped it again, giving me 2 tops now. I have also trimmed off the fan leaf branches as they were blocking some growth.

She seems small judging by all of the videos i have seen and pictures of plants of the same age. She is 5-6 weeks old from seed.
Am i just impatient? It is only my first grow so not much is really expected.
1st grow confused and eager
1st grow confused and eager

Wisher619

Wisher619

IMO not enough light and the fact that you are training an autoflower might have stunted her growth....Most people i know that run Auto's just let them go....no fim or anything else

S

StrayaGrow

IMO not enough light and the fact that you are training an autoflower might have stunted her growth....Most people i know that run Auto's just let them go....no fim or anything else

Really not enough light? The one plant would have easily 17000 Lumens per square foot.
As for the training. I started training before i knew that autos dont like it.
I started 2 more seeds off and will not be doing what i did to the first plant.

Wisher619

Wisher619

yeah im not dissin the cfl at all....but yeah not enough light....i've grown in many differ ways....HPS/CFL/Flouro/Outdoors.......CFL/Flouro just dosnt compare to Sun or HID......CFL just seems to take for ever......it would take me like 8 weeks to get my plant to the same as about 3 weeks under HID or Sun so dont worry its all good and your plants look good just roll with it

S

StrayaGrow

yeah im not dissin the cfl at all....but yeah not enough light....i've grown in many differ ways....HPS/CFL/Flouro/Outdoors.......CFL/Flouro just dosnt compare to Sun or HID......CFL just seems to take for ever......it would take me like 8 weeks to get my plant to the same as about 3 weeks under HID or Sun so dont worry its all good and your plants look good just roll with it

Thanks mate. I may upgrade to MH And HPS down the road and get some strains that are not autos. I would be growing outside if the dogs didnt eat ANY plant i touch.

Hopefully i learn from all the mistakes I have done and will be doing on this grow.

Wisher619

Wisher619

no dont worry about it....she will be fine.....it will be a mini turnout but it is all good.....I grew 1 plant under CFL's had 37,000 and the plant just took for ever.....and the buds were super tiny.....it was really good and super coated with Sugar but nothing beats HID or Sun....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I F.I.Med at 3 nodes high, then tops sprouted everywhere. It grew another 2 nodes vertical when i topped it again, giving me 2 tops now. I have also trimmed off the fan leaf branches as they were blocking some growth.

She seems small judging by all of the videos i have seen and pictures of plants of the same age. She is 5-6 weeks old from seed.
Am i just impatient? It is only my first grow so not much is really expected.
She's looking healthy to me. Don't trim off branches at this point, auto or not. They'll grow around each other. The time to trim (on regulars, not autos, I've not done any autos on purpose and the ones I did, didn't need any trimming) is once she's flipped into flower and what you're going to do is pinch off the bud sites that are shaded, that's it. Leave the solar arrays also known as leaves.
Thanks mate. I may upgrade to MH And HPS down the road and get some strains that are not autos. I would be growing outside if the dogs didnt eat ANY plant i touch.

Hopefully i learn from all the mistakes I have done and will be doing on this grow.
You'll learn, from your mistakes and successes. We have a fix for the nommily dogs. Tabasco sauce (or any other significantly hot sauce) and a sprayer bottle. Mix some hot sauce with water, put it in the sprayer bottle and spritz what you don't want the dogs eating. They will 'self correct' when they eat it. You'll have to reapply, and you may have to adjust the heat of the mixture, but I know it works, well. :)

Welcome to the farm!

str8smokn

str8smokn

No need to repeat what's already been said about Autos and where you went wrong. Is that 400 wts of light or 150 wts of light? You could put a Y adapter in your light sockets and run two bulbs on one light.get more light in there.
You should be good for your next run though,just keep on learning.
STR8

Top Bottom