1st Grow Ever!

• Thread starter stickythumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stickythumb

stickythumb

Hi,
This is my first attempt at growing. Plants are all sprouted from bagseed. I'm using FFOF for my medium and have watered with nutrients only once. I also attempted to FIM the middle plant, but am unsure if I did so correctly.
I have 8 23w 6500k cfls 1 42w 2700k CFL and 1 42w 6500k CFL. Any suggestions would be appreciated. TIA!

1st grow ever
1st grow ever 2
1st grow ever 3
N

Nog

I wouldn't attempt to top them at that size, it will just slow down their growth.

stickythumb

stickythumb

Oh. Alright, I've read that you could top at the 4th or 5th node. These are just starting their 3rd week of veg. When would you recommend they be topped?

stickythumb

stickythumb

The biggest plant is around 6 inches and is starting on its 7th node. Is this a sign that they are getting enough light?

N

Nog

If you top them when the side branches have grown a bit and have a couple sets of leaves on the side branches then it wont slow them down very much.

They seem healthy so must be getting enough light, but put the lights as close as you can without burning the leave.

stickythumb

stickythumb

Great, man I've been doing so much research, my head is gonna explode. Lots to learn, but having fun doing it! Thank you for the advice. Not sure I'll top the other 2 plants. I'm not cramped for space by any means. Most likely will do some LST training with the 2 plants.

Top Bottom