1st Grow: Fastbuds' Grapefruit!

• Thread starter FrankieCoste
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FrankieCoste

FrankieCoste

Hey guys,
Here's the update. Today's DAY 70! Coming to an end soon.
Flushed 3 big bottles of water on her today. I think I should be able to harvest in about a week or so..!
Here are some pics:
(with the flash on)

(with the flash off)

Now, at the microscopic level:

Thanks for watching!

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

I like hanging mine in a big cardboard box by strings. The box makes them take a few extra days to dry but I think that makes them dry more evenly, when they feel dry to the touch(10-14 days in box) and the small stems snap when bent away from the stalk, cut them off of the large stems and put in jar for curing. Just hanging them in a room gives similar results in 7-10 days.

Place the box on its side so the lid opens like doors and then poke holes in the top to run strings through.

str8smokn

str8smokn

They look nice and tight there Frankie,should be a nice smoke from the looks.
Congratulations on your first grow.
STR8

FrankieCoste

FrankieCoste

They look nice and tight there Frankie,should be a nice smoke from the looks.
Congratulations on your first grow.
STR8
Thank you STR8! Can't wait to give it a try!
I'll give it another little flush today and will update with pics later on today.
Thanks for passing by!

FrankieCoste

FrankieCoste

Hey guys!

Today's DAY 73 for the beautiful Grapefruit!
I stopped feeding more than a week ago and I can yet still see the lower buds develop!!! They're still fattening up!
I am very happy with her to say the least! A real treat as a first grow!

Here are some pics:

Thanks for watching!

FrankieCoste

FrankieCoste

Thank you guys!!
I have to say that she basically grew by herself! Autopower I suppose?! Probably good genetics too.
I will harvest pretty soon. When is the best time to do that? When the lights are off? And should I water the soil before harvesting or should it be dry?
Thanks for passing by!

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Some say give her 24 to 48 hours of dark b4 chopping, supposedly triggers the plant to send resourced to the buds, signals it is time to go.

FrankieCoste

FrankieCoste

Thank you very much STR8!!
None of this would have been possible without you guys, and I must particularly thank you and Enigma for your continual support and the many precious suggestions you've given me!
I planted an Auto Lemon Bubble and started to germinate a Supernatural OG! Can't wait to get those started. Plus my GSC is almost ready too I believe :D

FrankieCoste

FrankieCoste

Thanks - any special tips?other than what you have posted - considering those strains
Grapefruit was very well suited for a first grow! She had a bit of a N toxicity at week 3-4 but not too sure whether this is strain-related. Other than that, she pretty much grew by herself! I can only recommend this strain as well as the others! The GSC seems a bit harder to handle though, and she was a mutant too (at the start that is - now she looks pretty fine!). Green Crack is definitely one of my favourite and I can't wait to see how fat those nuggets can get haha!
Thanks for passing by!

FrankieCoste

FrankieCoste

Hey guys!
Just a quick update:
I took one of the driest buds out to try it out! It's not completely dried though...
Well, the smoke isn't harsh at all, and it's actually quite potent.
Only bad thing is it is tasteless... Or almost tasteless. Got a slight sour taste and smells like hay.
Hope it will improve once the dying and curing are done!
But overall I'm quite satisfied with the quality and sweetness of the smoke - except for the lack of taste of course...
Peace!

FrankieCoste

FrankieCoste

Hey guys!

Just a quick update:

Grapfruit buds are curing in jars right now, and RH seems to be somewhere between 63 and 68%. Need to get myself a proper hygrometer - and one that actually works!!!

I weighted the buds yesterday by the way! Not too sure they're dried enough but I wanted to weight it before starting to smoke it so that I could really tell how she yielded!

So... weight is about 2 ounces!! :D
I couldn't have asked for more.

Will keep you guys updated.

All attention to the Girl Scout Cookies at the moment (she will be harvested in less than a week!!)

Peace,

FrankieCoste

FrankieCoste

Hey guys!

Buds are curing, and RH is at about 62-63%. I open the jar and get the buds out once in a while but I like to keep them in the jar right now as RH does not seem to change much. If I understand correctly the curing should dry the product very slowly, towards 55% but not less. So I guess I'm in the right way!

Many thanks to everyone!

Here's a pic of a bud that I took out of the jar last night, and which smokes fine by the way (taste is finally getting out a bit!):

BUD

Thanks for watching!

Grow4me

Grow4me

Hey guys!

Buds are curing, and RH is at about 62-63%. I open the jar and get the buds out once in a while but I like to keep them in the jar right now as RH does not seem to change much. If I understand correctly the curing should dry the product very slowly, towards 55% but not less. So I guess I'm in the right way!

Many thanks to everyone!

Here's a pic of a bud that I took out of the jar last night, and which smokes fine by the way (taste is finally getting out a bit!):

View attachment 574174

Thanks for watching!
Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Latest posts

Top Bottom