1st Grow - Going Big, setup / general advice welcomed

• Thread starter Hiroln
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hiroln

Hiroln

Ok guys - this is my 1st indoor grow. Got a 700 ft2 garage - divided into two areas 1) ~420 sq.ft 2) 300 sq ft - pics of the larger area for now. Growing both autos and feminized photoperiods. Got growers licenses - can grow as many plants as I want. Plan on having both indoor and greenhouse - indoor veg room to feed indoor flowering and greenhouse.

setup:
Garage - walled off both garage bays, lined walls with xps insulation 2” for new walls - 1” for existing walls. Using humidifier to keep humidity up around 50-60%, venting outside. Using T5 ho, 6 lamp for veg, will be using a mixture of phantom DE 1000w HPS and LEDs (deciding on which LEDs to use). using 3 ton dual zone mini split for the two rooms.

Have 1gallon, 3 gallon and 5 gallon pots (plastic and fabric). Will be using Jacks 123 nutrients - with combination of coco loco BM6 soil for auto, with clay pellets for aeration and Coco loco and ocean forest soil for reg feminized to start vegging after 3rd to 4th set of real leaves. Starting off seeds using rapid rooters, then put in solo cups with coco loco soil. I overwatered 1st set of auto seeds - I put 1st set in one gallon pots and used 1/2 solo cup of water and still stunted them, but they have recovered for most part. 5 Large plants are reg. Feminized, put in 3/4 BM6 and 1/4 ocean Forrest - planted seedlings a little early in fertilized soil, slight burn but they seem to be doing fine now. The smaller plants in picture are the auto (various strains). Due to overwatering issue on first trial run with 1 gallon pot I have switched over to solo cups for all other seedlings and the transplanting into the 3 various size pots that I have. (Autos going into 3 gallon pot after solo cups). As you can see on some of the auto, they got stressed ( low humidity and over water) and some grew funky - live and learn. Got another 50 reg. feminized various strain germinating now, have a other 50 seeds that I will get going once I planted these. Plan on vegging as many plants as possible at once indoors - then move 60-70% to outside greenhouse in early April for entire grow season - while using my indoor grow to flower in the large room and continue vegging in small room to feed outside and room shown in pictures. Yes this is ambitious, but I might as well grow as many as I can bc the electricity bill is going to be high as hell regardless. Thoughts / suggestions?

1st grow   going big setup  general advice welcomed
1st grow   going big setup  general advice welcomed 2
1st grow   going big setup  general advice welcomed 3
1st grow   going big setup  general advice welcomed 4
1st grow   going big setup  general advice welcomed 5
Hiroln

Hiroln

Thanks - yeah I already know the exhaust - ventilation is small - right now with a few in veg is ok. Plan on upsizing to an additional 8” duct fan with two air inlets - going to install on the garage door wall.

Hiroln

Hiroln

Update - things are coming along. All told I have about approx 100 plants / comprised of gelato, bubba kush, zkittles, white widow, blue berry, critical kush, strawberry banana, blue monster, GPD, purple hulk. I topped the 6 big boys yesterday, a little late (node 6), but I expect it to do just fine. I plan on installing a larger ventilation system this week in addition to finishing up bay 2. Started jacks 123 nutrients this week on autos. All seeds that I have have been germinated. Will be transplanting autos from 1 gallon to 3 gallon pots this week and getting all feminized photo in solo cups and growing. Stay tuned.

Hiroln

Hiroln

Ok - 6 big photos are at week 6, a couple of them got slight nitrogen burn bc I used a little bit of jacks in combination with the ocean forest / BM6 mix - so I won’t be doing that again until I know the need additional nutrients. I flushed with 6.5ph water, until I had decent run off, put them ba I under lights. 1st set of auto are at week 4 - as you can see the largest of the group is starting to bud. Plan on putting that one under led or HPS this weekend - just need to wire up my light controller. 3rd/4th pic is of the week 4 auto. The solo cups are feminized photos at 1.5 weeks - germinated and then put them into solo cups end is last week. Got another 50 plants germinating now. Think i am going to stop there in regards to number of plants - choose the best one of each strain to use at the mother and clone from there. Last pic is of blue berry auto, same type of the one starting to bud planted at the same time, but obviously got stressed (prob due to low humidity and too high intensity light). Should I just toss this one?

Hiroln

Hiroln

So I strayed this in Coco Loco - not realizing how hot the soil was - EC run off 4.2, which is to damn hot for seedlings obviously. I flushed with 5.8ph RO with 450ppm of jacks 123 (1/4 strength) until run off EC was less than 200ppm of input. Drianaged looked good, hence I don’t think I drowned the little ones. Should I let them be for a few days and observer or transplant into 1 gallon pot with happy frog? Temp has been at 77F, room humidity at 60-65% - kept doom over them till this point. Please advise.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Hey bro, welcome to the Farm. I'd leave the seedlings that just popped in the solo cups about 2-3 weeks for "root formation" before transplanting into 1 gal or straight to3 gal container which is what I do, solo to 3 gal material bags w/ 70/30 coco/perlite. Not familiar with FF soils,Cheers SS

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hey bro, welcome to the Farm. I'd leave the seedlings that just popped in the solo cups about 2-3 weeks for "root formation" before transplanting into 1 gal or straight to3 gal container which is what I do, solo to 3 gal material bags w/ 70/30 coco/perlite. Not familiar with FF soils,Cheers SS
old thread Feb, not been back since

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

Dude great set up for a first !! Wow great job so far the ladies are looking wonderful ! Good luck my friend ! Happy reefing !

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

old thread Feb, not been back since

Top Bottom