1st grow in 20 years. Trying DWC.

• Thread starter rchusar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rchusar

rchusar

Hello all,
I've decided to try my hand at DWC. So far, during vegetation, plants were on fire!!
Once I put into flower, I started experiencing something that looked like by leaves were getting "burnt". My light was above 18" from tops of plants. 200 watt light. I even bought new spider farm light so I can adjust amount of light (heat).
So then I thought, nutrient burn, so I reduced my feeding amounts 1/2.
I'm using FloraMax product for nutrients.
My 2X4 enclosure has gotten hot a few days. Above 85. Humidity 50.
1st grow in 20 years trying dwc

rchusar

rchusar

I'm a total noob. But I'm gonna throw calmag out there?
Or potassium
I looked into cal mag as well. I'm using FloraMax product. They say not to use cal mag if using there product. Already has cal mag in it.
Bought a PPM meter so I can effectively measure nutrients.
PPM was high. 1900-2000 ppm. Did a partial flush to reduce PPM.
Well see....

G

grapeape1972

Hello all,
I've decided to try my hand at DWC. So far, during vegetation, plants were on fire!!
Once I put into flower, I started experiencing something that looked like by leaves were getting "burnt". My light was above 18" from tops of plants. 200 watt light. I even bought new spider farm light so I can adjust amount of light (heat).
So then I thought, nutrient burn, so I reduced my feeding amounts 1/2.
I'm using FloraMax product for nutrients.
My 2X4 enclosure has gotten hot a few days. Above 85. Humidity 50.View attachment 2004800
Welcome to the club, we must be doing the same thing wrong. I can grow big green leaves but 3 weeks into flowering poof yellow leaves, brown leaves, stunted growth. Nightmare... Just don't give up.. I have found when I flush then put into 1/2 nute water and slowly bring the ec up I have better results....good luck..

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

LED lights are way to close.... You think it's all about the light you can see...

NOPE.....

Spiderfarm uses Infared that is outside of human vision, when it's 100% and on top of the plants, it will burn the shit out of them.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I'm not a dwc guy but check your reservoir ph, check your ppm, it looks like serious nute burn to me. Everything with DWC is faster so the mistakes go south way faster than soil. Go to the dwc section if the forum and poke around as well

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

I don't grow DWC or anything... Nah, only been doing this for 30 fucking years.

SO I don't know what I'm talking about in the slightest....

So blow me off... It's your grow.

IMG 0069
IMG 0093
G

grapeape1972

I don't grow DWC or anything... Nah, only been doing this for 30 fucking years.

SO I don't know what I'm talking about in the slightest....

So blow me off... It's your grow.
Very nice looking girls. I've only been growing 2 years and it seems I do good in veg and blow it in flower..I don't have a big nice setup or a penny to spend on anything bigger than 20$ a month...I'm just trying to grow for me and my family, not for money just so we can smoke for a minimum amount of money a OZ is 180$...From 25 a quarter to 125 a half.. what happened?? Now I can't afford to buy it I'm in Texas so no outside growing.. I have a couple plants perhaps you could help me with. I use masterblend, Flourish +, Garden Friendly Fungicide, TPS Bloom, Big Bud, and Overdrive..Right now I have 1 clone from a bag seed that was awesome. Flowering the last clone from it.. I have a Galato auto 94 days in 70-75 seed to harvest first pic, no amber yet buds seem small...Pics 2&3 are clones from the Galato Auto. I found auto's can be cloned but they gonna be small..pics 5-8 are clones from a Apple Betty mother all in same nutrient water one nice full one the other 2 what happened.. Then I just started Grandmomma purple, Gorilla Glue auto, & Godzilla Cookies...let me know what you think..I have cheap led lights and 8sqf of space by 6ft tall..

20230823 081803
20230823 081813
20230823 081827
20230823 081836
20230823 081952
20230823 081958
20230823 082003
20230823 082115
20230823 082120
20230823 082137
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Why don't you try soil? It is much easier than DWC in my opinion

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
LED lights are way to close.... You think it's all about the light you can see...

NOPE.....

Spiderfarm uses Infared that is outside of human vision, when it's 100% and on top of the plants, it will burn the shit out of them.
Yea it most certainly will

4HyerLevelz

4HyerLevelz

It has been 5 years since I have grown anything in DWC. You are using a lot of nutrients. Can you add up all the nutrient of the products that you are using and add them in the ratio you are applying them in. And then divide it down to so you have, what i call the one NPKminorstring to multiple by amount applied to get EC. I know what I am saying is confusing. I read it and I confuse myself even though I wrote it. I probably cant explain the way my brain thinks about it.

I still have to learn to read the cannabis plants. Looking at your grow, I could see where light toxicity might be considered the culprit. I would also have to think that potassium could be low. Look for leaf diagnosis charts to try to narrow it down. Good luck with solving the riddle..DWC was my favorite method.

Top Bottom