1st grow journal* 2nd grow* Ethos Genetics~ Inzane in the membrane

• Thread starter Dejanaraw
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dejanaraw

Back at it again this is my first journal and 2nd grow. Just put seeds into cups yesterday (08/07/2019) took about 48 hours to germinate (started germ process on 08/05/2019) all 5 seeds using the paper towel method. I added 3 lights to start this time that I started as soon as I planted in cups with mycorrhizae and also decided to go ahead and put in tent and not to use humidity dome. (Last grow I started with humidity dome and the light to sit on top and seedlings stretched due to light being too far) this will be an organic grow and I’m super excited to start this journey with you guys and looking forward to all of your great advice and feedback. Here we go again!!

I will be using....

**Seedling stage**

48”x48”x80” grow tent

5 ethos inzane in the membrane fem seeds

Starting off with 3 lights
45 w LED lamp with dual head (counted as 2 lights)
T5 light (came previously with humidity dome)

Heating pad

16oz clear cups inside of 18oz red solo cups

Epsoma seeding soil

Humidifier

2 small fans

6in exhaust fan with carbon filter

I need to get Inline fan for air intake in the mean time I have the bottom air vent of my tent open with box fan blowing in
Temp is between 74-79 degrees
Humidity is between 60%-72%
Lights and fans going 24/7
**Plans**
Top plants 2 maybe (depends on plants)
SCROG (1st time attempting)
Start with compost tea mixture on week 3
Switch lights to 2 vivarspectra 600 w leds
Transplant to 5 gal fabric pots with mycorrhizae
Fill pots with Reds Premium Biochar Blend Soil topped with epsoma seedling soil
Will run lights 24/7 until flower then 12/12
Feeding schedule will be 2 plain waters/ 1 compost tea feed (plans as of now but we will listen to plants)
Last feeding before switch to flower will be substituted with epsom salt feed then 72 hours of darkness before flower
2 week flush
2x water, 3x epsom salt feed, finish with water only
72 hours of darkness before harvest

Water used will be tap water going in a 5 gallon bucket being aerated 24/7 with aquarium pump (adding humid acid)

Compost tea will also be brewed in a 5 gallon bucket using aeration.
(For compost tea water will be aerated for 24 hours before adding ingredients also will brew for another 24-36 hours and will be brewed with aquarium heater)

**Ingredients for compost tea in veg**
Nature’s living soil concentrated super soil
Fish fertilizer
Liquid Kelp
Humid Acid
Molasses
Mycorrhizae (every now and then at the end of brew before feeding- mycorrhizae can not survive the brewing process)

**Ingredients for compost tea in flower**
Only nature's living soil concentrated super soil

Also last grow at the very end my house started filling up with fungus gnats! Luckily they came like within the last week of flower so they didn’t cause any harm THANK SWEET BABY JESUS!!!!! but I still have them in my house and will be using pyrethrin concentrate to try to manage them! Hopefully this stuff works and we won’t have any issues cuz don’t nobody got time for that! For real tho!
Super excited and looking very forward to this grow!!!!!
1st grow journal 2nd grow ethos genetics inzane in the membrane
1st grow journal 2nd grow ethos genetics inzane in the membrane 2
1st grow journal 2nd grow ethos genetics inzane in the membrane 3
1st grow journal 2nd grow ethos genetics inzane in the membrane 4
1st grow journal 2nd grow ethos genetics inzane in the membrane 5

Therighthigh

Therighthigh

Can i ask why you dont just run one of the led lights and put it at the appropriate height for seedlings?

D

Dejanaraw

Day 9- All popped except for one so I poured out the soil just to see and nothing was happening so here are my 4 that popped (don’t mind humidity it dropped a little when I opened tent)
F5F03277 AB0A 45F4 9714 F71CDD6EEB43
A02FCE90 E902 4D4A 9F21 501CACE0E92B
FB53B102 0519 4E8C B9A9 CC6DC8539D6F
51C6F77D E5F0 41AF 993F 1A0C29087FBD
EA2DD3DA EA74 4112 A6BC 73390051AAF1
38A79DBA DD92 4B55 A084 259F5D5693B5

D

Dejanaraw

05/16/2019*Day 11-Sprayed with water earlier because the soil was dry since I’ve been trying to keep it as dry as possible since I have fungus gnats so idk I just got high and decided to do some shit so Now like 5 hours later I removed those little seed lights and added one of my 600w LEDs and I noticed only a couple small flies which is big progress (I’ve been spraying every 3-4 days with pyrethrin) but I noticed 2 little black weird kind of beetle looking bugs at the bottom of the little humidity dome my cups are in! (I immediately panicked and killed them without taking a picture*DUMB🤦🏾‍♀️) I want my babies to be safe so I sprayed again with one part peroxide and 3 parts water and did a spray of pyrethrin. Hope I didn’t over water and damage my plants but I have to get these little bitches before they get my babies. I plan on getting some DE as soon as I get some cash and some beneficial nematodes when I transplant. I hope it’s not too late by then! 😩
CB316307 D906 469D 88AA DD1736202E1B
F19411B3 B53C 4EA4 B6F1 BF5EDBC5FFCB
37610DB2 481C 4F89 B4DF A9DE00962E41

D

Dejanaraw

So I added my 600w led light over seedling today and temp went too high with the light as close as I think it needs to be so I put back in the small led to try to keep them from stretching. Should I keep it like this or is this overkill?
106F7FBB B267 445C 83F4 04340362D768
CF397E80 3745 4BB9 960B 8C9DDE6E7E36

sshz

sshz

Actually reviews on this were overall not very good.......one guy had 3 plants tested, one came back around 13%, the other around 16-17% and the third I think was 23%. He said there is only 1 pheno worth looking for and was excellent- but it took 13 weeks of flowering. This is the strain Colin from Ethos hoped would generate a cup winner and offered 100 packs of seeds if someone could win it with it. Then a bunch of grows finished, and the buzz completely died out as most everyone was unhappy.The lineage was on Instagram, but you’ll have to look for it. Very similar to Zsweet Inzanity, just some minor changes in the parents. I’ve mentioned it in prior threads on RIU.........

TerriR

TerriR

Actually reviews on this were overall not very good.......one guy had 3 plants tested, one came back around 13%, the other around 16-17% and the third I think was 23%. He said there is only 1 pheno worth looking for and was excellent- but it took 13 weeks of flowering. This is the strain Colin from Ethos hoped would generate a cup winner and offered 100 packs of seeds if someone could win it with it. Then a bunch of grows finished, and the buzz completely died out as most everyone was unhappy.The lineage was on Instagram, but you’ll have to look for it. Very similar to Zsweet Inzanity, just some minor changes in the parents. I’ve mentioned it in prior threads on RIU.........
NOOOOOO! Well it’s as good as I can buy here then...thanks for the info.

PS how does one find strains that are as advertised when everybody lies?

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

LOL.......I spend countless hours before deciding on a strain. It's easier to start with a good breeder first- Ethos is a hack and has NO skill in breeding. He started in a collective with a group of breeders, now it appears he's on his own. So, let the buyer beware..........I'm convinced he breeds for weight, not strength of a strain. Most everything he does yield's well- problem is, most are just average potency, nothing special except a very few of them.

I've done a lot of research on 2 breeders- CSI-Humboldt and Obsoul33t. I believe they both have impressive Instagram accounts. I can't say I've found many negatives about them, after reading many, many grow threads. Problem is, info on their strains tends to be limited.

Dr. GreenThumb is coming out with old school hash plant that's supposed to hit all the high marks- yield, potency, ease of growth, etc. It's not released yet. He also has a Turkish Cookies on sale that Dr. Gruber said was the best strain he's done from them- well worth a look.

Look at Greenpoint Seeds.....some of their kushes and chems are excellent. Look at The Dog.

MY normal suggestion to people who ask is direct them to "Holy Grail Kush", by DNA. Gets high marks everywhere, but the stink is off the charts from the OG #13.

sshz

sshz

They look overwatered, as the leaves are bending downward.............and maybe the start of a deficiency of some sort.

sshz

sshz

Ethos announced the genetics on Instagram.........it's very close to the Zsweet Inzanity. I don't specifically remember, but it's out there if you look.

Skidmarx

Skidmarx

No it says none ya bizness lol
That's the same reason I would not buy it. There have been a few listed but I saw a post on IG 8 wks ago that said Ethos announced they are retiring IITM and gave the lineage as gohst train haze x nyc diesel x cherry pie OG x citral glue. Enjoy your grow buddy.

Top Bottom