1st grow need suggestions and a diag

• Thread starter pyronym
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pyronym

I have 3 seedlings from bag seed in my grow room

The plants are currently in a mixture of coir 30% coarse vermiculite 30% leafgro organic compost 30% perlite 10% and about a hand full of gypusm.

The plants are currently about 3 inches under 2 2 tube 4 foot t8 shoplite 32 watt 6500k 2750 lumens running 24/0

I am using an unused bathroom for my grow closet 4.5l x 2.5w x 7.5h usable space with a window near the ceiling that I can black out with a carbon filter and use for exhaust with a window fan installed blowing out through the filter.

I believe that I overwatered my babies and I was just hoping someone could confirm that for me. I also want to make sure that I don't need to do anything special for the one losing it's first leaves yellowing.

I traded my left over mycology supplies last night for an eighth of ATF and a 150 watt hps lamp and bulb. My buddy told me that I should add the hps light in with my vegging cycle that as long as they are getting enough of the 6500 k that adding the hps will only help them grow bushier. Is this a true statement. Either way right now I have a total of 5 2 tube t8 fixtures and I was planning on buying 3 more. when I enter flowering I plan on switching over to warm bulbs and using 3 fixtures on each side for side lighting and 1 vertical on each short side with the hps above. Will this be sufficient light given the size of the room for 3-6 plants if I get creative on spacing? What's the general consensus here on mixing spectrums?

I welcome all comments and suggestions. I fully expect to get 150 watt hps is not enough but the way I look at things I'm doing primarily a fluro grow using the hps to supplement.
As I progress in skill yes I will most likely move on to mh/hps possible led but what I have now is what I would like to work with for the time being.

Thanks,
Tom

1st grow need suggestions and a diag

1st grow need suggestions and a diag 2

1st grow need suggestions and a diag 3

P

pyronym

Any oppinions?
I think my ph may also be high(i rant a soil test and everything was off the charts) so I'm going to wait for everything to dry up hopefully just another day or so and I'm going to use some lemon juice in my water to drop the ph a bit. It's hard to tell with the test I got but I think it was about a 7.75. Could the water be causing the drooping and the ph be causing the yellowing?
Thanks,

H

Highdrophilia27

it looks hungry to me... have you been feeding it? And the ph may be a bit too high keep it at 6.5-7. Do you know the ph of your water source?

P

pyronym

I haven't fed them at all. My "soil" is 30% leafgro which is 1-.5-1 Ph of 7 leaf and grass compost high hummus content. I do think my waster may also be high I need to test it. I do have a quart of tiger bloom. I didn't plan on using it yet I ordered it accidentally I'm going to wait 2 more days to water because my soil is still super wet. Maybe I need to drill a ton more drainage holes in my buckets this coir Verm compost mix really send to hold a ton of water. Or should I just water anyway with water with lemon to lower the Ph?

Latest posts

Top Bottom